What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Still waiting on:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server100/hw3a3o26/products/4750/images/10345/Sailor_ProColor_500_Cherry_Blossom_Pink_FP_640__99088.1412172071.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

&

http://www.engeika.com/data/engeika/product/20140128_35241e.jpg

&

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server100/hw3a3o26/products/4807/images/10530/Visconti_Venus_Tribute_To_Botticelli_Marbelized_Rose_FP_640__93286.1412173157.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Wow. That is um, seriously pink. What is it?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. That is um, seriously pink. What is it?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I kind of sort of have a thing for pink pens. :blush: I am trying to keep most of my pens within that focus but... sometimes I deviate.

Top to bottom: Sailor ProColor - Spring Sakura; Platinum 3776 - Celluloid Sakura; Visconti Michelangelo Venus - Rose

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Deviation is SOP around here...I'm awaiting a damaged Carter I'm buying for the carcass and a Waterman Lady Patricia - the writing sample was so pretty I had to pull the trigger. What else? A Moore ringtop of uncertain quality.

Some ink.

A case.

I think that's it...I should put my phone in a lockbox on the weekends.

Deviation is SOP around here...I'm awaiting a damaged Carter I'm buying for the carcass and a Waterman Lady Patricia - the writing sample was so pretty I had to pull the trigger. What else? A Moore ringtop of uncertain quality.

Some ink.

A case.

I think that's it...I should put my phone in a lockbox on the weekends.

Any pictures of the Lady Patricia?

A dark green/black Pelikan M250 from the pre-1997 trim style

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

The Jinhao 611 just arrived -- I promptly loaded it with Private Reserve Vampire Red. I'd call it between a fine and a medium. Maybe just a little lighter than I like, but it posts well.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFgxMDAw/z/8h4AAOSwd4tUIbfw/$_57.JPG

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Ordered a Hero 359 in purple with an EF nib today, to sate me while I save for more expensive pens. I guess if Lamy isn't going to get around to making a purple pen, I may as well snatch up its clone that DOES come in purple. (Though if/when Lamy does make a purple pen, other than the Deep Purple Al-Star I already have, I'll still buy it. :P ).

A new style Pelikan M250 in burgundy

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Pilot Metal Falcon, just ordered on Amazon

I like the metal Falcon, and the giant CON70 converter that fits in this one (not in the resin one)...

Enjoy

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

My Visconti would be here, but UPS is holding it hostage. They only deliver on weekdays, which doesn't work for me, and it requires my signature. Going to have to drive 20 minutes to the UPS place to get my pen sometime on Saturday :bawl:

Sailor 1911M yellow EF - received

Pilot Elite 95 F - received

Namiki Falcon SF - received

Platinum 3776 Century UEF - received

Not a bad year, so far.

Rob G

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger." - Mark Twain

Pelikan M800 red M - received

Pelikan M400 white tortoise stub - received

Pelikan M215 lozenge EF - waiting to be shipped (just bought it today :D )

Parker 51 Navy Grey standard sized parts, Forest Green demi parts, a couple of nibs, some Hero 616 pens so I can harvest their caps for the 51's (until I can find actual 51 caps being sold by themselves.. which seems to hardly ever be the case). Ah, pen-building.

I am awaiting a four-inch Wahl ring top, supposed to be here tomorrow! :D

A fountain pen a day keeps the ballpoints away!

Signed,

The Majestic One

:W2FPN:

Just got this Delta Sea Wood Wenghè in from Marte Modena. Pictures don't do it justice! The pen has just the right weight, feels very well made and I'm very impressed with the performance of the "Harmonic" steel nib (very smooth and juicy). I'll try to do a review later on.

1546085_10206276849543770_42997421214960

1013647_10206276848183736_57681776118885

10390319_10206276848343740_5351577401612

I've bought two pens in the last week. One made during the Ford administration, the other during World War One.

A Waterman 12 SF that I'd been admiring at Peyton Street Pens for months, pushed over the edge by a sale. I plan on writing with this 98 year old pen.

A Pilot Myu 701 with a Medium nib that I've had ebay searches running for for months. A lovely stainless steel ink fang. I've wanted one since I saw them, and one is coming my way.

This is without going to the LA Pen Show. I shudder to think what I'd have gotten into there.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

So my Pilot Custom 74 arrived today but sadly the nib doesn't write very smoothly. I think I'm going to have to contact the store I bought it from and see if they can do something about the nib.

Besides the nib letdown, the pen is absolutely beautiful!

post-99317-0-53399100-1423815327_thumb.jpg

post-99317-0-47541900-1423815347_thumb.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for my Sailor 1911M in Ivory to arrive from Japan!

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png