What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I'm waiting on 3 pens at present:

1) Pelikan Twist in orange with medium nib and a converter

2) Pelikan M200 Pre-'97 Clear Demonstrator Type II

3) Pelikan M250 Pre-'97 Clear Demonstrator

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Wahl-Eversharp woodgrain ringtop, because I'm a sucker. I'm also sending the wreckage of my Carter's ringtop to Teri Morris at Peyton Street to see if the really nice nib could be married to something else.

http://i.imgur.com/gycVOR2l.jpg

The idyll and the Platinum 3776 Bourgogne has arrived. The idyll in large turned out to be the perfect size for me. After tuning the nib to my liking its writing nicely. My only regret is that i didn't send it of to Pendleton for one of his stub grinds. I do wonder if i could fit a Franklin-Christoph masuyama stub nib on it some time in the future.

The Platinum was surprisingly good. Wrote perfectly right from the start, with a weird hint of feedback i have never experienced before. I like it very, very much and i don´t think i`ll do any tuning on it.

Thank you:)

I was sort of intending for you to see the post, since you were trying to decide the size of yours. It was not as big as i originally feared, but perfect. It nestles great in my hand, even if i don´t have particularly big hands. I tend to use a death grip on my pens and the size of the Idyll helps me relax my grip.

The next pen for me i think can only be a Nakaya. Maybe i can order one this summer if i can save up for it by then.

We are two creatures of the same mind, hah! I was thinking of getting a Nakaya after the Scriptorium pen (for which, I've decided on a medium) as well. Or... other Scriptoriums. I've had too much fun planning out pens with all those blanks available out there.

Two pens in the mail at the moment, both anxiously awaited:

- Franklin Christoph Model 66 Ice with Masuyama XXF steel nib. Should arrive at the German reseller in the next couple of days, so probably in my hands by early next week. I plan to use it - converted to an eye dropper, obviously - alongside my #3776 UEF as a diary pen.

- Vintage Sheaffer Imperial with Medium Italic inlaid nib. Ever since I "accidentally" bought a PFM III about a year ago I'm in love with the inlaid nib and am very keen on getting my hands on an italic/stub version of that nib. There aren't a lot of them around, especially in Europe, even less so at a reasonable price, so I was very surprised when I saw an ebay offer from the UK with 2 minutes left on the clock and well within my personal "ah what the hell, let's just give it a try" budget boundaries. Still don't know exactly which model I'm going to get (my guess is on an Imperial IV from the early 60s), but the surprise is part of the fun. :-)

I hope I'll be able to satisfy my thirst for new pens a little bit with these two new pieces, but there are already two new pens that I'm very interested in, the Shawn Newton Shinobi and an Orange TWSBI 580AL with Pendleton Brown BLS stub.

I need a pentervention.

Not a full pen, but my custom-ground cursive italic nib for my Parker 45 should arrive tomorrow.

*waits*

Is it tomorrow yet?

Got a Pilot Custom 74 coming in tomorrow with some Iroshizuku Kon Peki and Iroshizuku Murasaki-Shikibu and a CON-70 converter

Going all out with my Pilot obsession, can't wait to try it out brahs

Just ordered another pen from China, this time a Duke Uranus U78G.

I can't find anything about it online, but it looks to be a copy of the Pilot 78G (which I already own).

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

Not a fountain pen, but I finally took the plunge and ordered a Tactile Turn Mover in teal aluminum, which should be here Monday. My new job is not very conducive to fountain pens (don't get me wrong, I could use them, but it would take far more effort than it's worth) so I've been using my Pilot Juice all week and I wanted a nicer body to put them into.

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

Just purchased my first pen for 2015 and now I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail. A Pelikan M800 in red with a medium nib.

A Pelikan Pelicano should be coming my way next!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Which Lamy is this? Awesome looking nib!

Sorry for such a late reply...

It's awesome looking indeed! ;) Lamy Studio Palladium.

Argh. My Binderized VP bold nib is missing in the USPS vortex between the post office & my house. Pleasant inky thoughts that it is delivered today!!!!

A Noodler's Ahab flex pen. I'm wanting to venture into the world of flex pens, and I figured this would be a financially intelligent way to start. It cost a whole $17.