• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must have some sort of inside line on all this because I never see any of those kinds incidents - and I do watch eBay quite a bit.

As for incoming... nothing. Well, a kohinoor pencil, but no pens anywhere on the horizon. Looks like I'm all pen'd out. :(

No, I wish I did have an inside line, but I do put in quite a lot of work on eBay looking for pens. Remember there's not just eBay in the USA or UK; there are other countries you know! (clue...)

Rgds

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

I FINALLY decided to try out some flex nibs and I bought a Noodlers Ahab, J. Herbin Stormy Grey (Late to the party, I know), A Lamy Safari for my wife, a Jinhao X750, and a bottle of Noodlers Burma Road Brown.

I'm getting ready to place an order for a vintage Esterbrook Nib and I'm still contemplating a Lamy 2000.

A vintage Aurora 88.

I spent last night between ebay & the classifieds sure I was going to walk away with either an 88 or an 888. Ended up with neither.

I also lost (horribly) the auction I was avoiding spending for, a Waterman eyedropper with beautiful flex.

What I did end up with should make up for both. I caught a 1mm stub 51 off of Greg Minuskin. I've been on something of a stub/italic streak lately.

No, I don't! However, I hear the nib does write nicely. Also, what ever possessed me to purchase a BLACK Estie?

Hey, my first Estie was a black SJ with a 1555 Gregg nib. Happened onto it in a small antiques mall about an hour or so from where I live. While I'm not overly enamored of black pens in general, I'll take what I can get....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I just received this Nemosine Singularity with M nib.

A surprisingly smooth nib for an unexpensive pen.

An excellent deal.

post-119335-0-29620200-1422297740_thumb.jpg

Edited by claudewick

Currently waiting for my first pen purchase of the year: a vintage Pelikan 400 with an OB nib. Have tracking info for it already; er, well, at least as long as it's in Deutsche Post. Once it crosses the Atlantic it may be another matter entirely, because I have no idea how long it will take to clear US Customs. The ETA I've been given by the seller is 2-1/2 to 4 weeks.... :gaah: I don't know how patient I'm going to be, even though I've requested email updates from the Deutsche Post website....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm waiting for a BB Pelikan nib for my M1000. It was processed through the sort facility at the Frankfurt Airport four days ago, and I haven't heard anything new on it since. Seems like it should have made it to US customs by now.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I am waiting for an Aileron Empennage that I won on e-Bay. It is my second Aileron pen. The first was a Cabane.

Here are the details on the Empennage: It is a Vac Filler. The Vac mechanism is made of Ebonite with an oversized Vac sac. It is made from Sheaffer Amber Glow rod stock and crowned with a 3 ct. AAA Ethiopian Welo Opal which is removable via the Ebonite screw down frame. It has satinized Ebonite fittings and a large 14K Vacumatic nib with a customized feed / tube.

If you want to see all of Aileron's creations, you can search Aileron Pens on Facebook. (I am just a satisfied user, with no interest in Aileron.)

Edited by tutelman

This is turning into the Year of the Chinese Pen for me -- en route now is a Baoer 508 in blue.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Just received a Sailor 1911 Realo in black. Filled it with Ku-jaku and the broad nib is writing beautifully. Good that it has already arrived. With the storm we are getting, even if the USPS could get here, I'm not certain I could make it to our mailbox.;-)

Traded a Lamy 2000 EF for an F. The guy I traded with was great, and I'm super excited for the nib! :D

"Oh deer."

Hello there! waiting on four pens:

Ranga Bamboo in Olive Rpple Ebonite.

Bexley Americana in gray cracked ice.

Montegrappa Espressione Duetto.

Nakaya Naka-ai Heki Tamenuri.

Very anxious!!!!

post-110431-0-58000100-1422399842.jpg

post-110431-0-83384600-1422399848.jpg

post-110431-0-52214800-1422399855.jpg

post-110431-0-65784700-1422399861.jpg

Vintage: 1910´s Astra Safety Pen. 1920´s Mabie Todd Swan lever filler, Royal Red Hard Rubber, The Eric Pen Woodgrain Ebonite. 1930´s Morrison´s Overlay Filigree, Waterman´s Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Endura. 1940´s Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, Aurora 88. 1950´s Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J. 1970´s Sheaffer Imperial. 1980´s Cross Century Classic. 1990´s Rotring Newton Lava.

Modern: Nakaya Neo Standard, Montblanc Meisterstuck 149, Pelikan Souverän M1000, Omas 360 Vintage, Sailor 1911 Black Luster, Pilot Capless Raden, Pilot Custom 823 FA, Platinum 3776 Maki-e, Namiki Falcon, Lamy 2000, Montegrappa Espressione Duetto, Delta Dolce Vita, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, Stipula Etruria Rainbow, Marlen Aleph, Bexley Poseidon, Franklin-Christoph 02, Namisu Nexus Titanium, Tactile Turn Gist, Karas Kustoms Ink, Twsbi Vac 700, Levenger L-Tech, Filcao Atlantica, Kaweco AC Sport, Lamy Safari.

Custom: Scriptorium Pens Idyll, Jonathon Brooks Solar Dust, Newton Pens Eastman, Fisher of Pens Hydra, Romulus Pen Works Snakewood, John Brady Solano, Lyle Ross Pompey, Troy Clark Copper pen, Antiguas Estilográficas Ebonite, Ryan Krusac Legend L14, Aileron pens Tsunami, Edison Pens Collier Amber, Sutra Pens Aquila Octopi, Hooligan Pens Buffalo Celluloid, Yoshi Nakama Snake pen, Kilk Kalem Pandora´s Box, Hakumin Urushi Ao Tamenuri Pearl, Fosfor Pens Islander, Sutra Pen Aquila.

I'm waiting for my first ever Sheaffer pen (and matching mechanical pencil). Judging from the ebay seller's photos & photos of a similar pen I found on the Ravens March website, it's a blue green Sheaffer Skripsert cartridge pen with a Stylpoint nib, from the late 50's or early 60's.

Nobody bid against me so including shipping I got the set for $21! Thing is, the seller wasn't knowledgeable about writing instruments so both pen & pencil are untested. Looks like they're in good shape though. Cross your fingers for me that I can get them writing after a good clean!

Don't sweat the small stuff....and it's all small stuff.