What Pens Are You Using Today 2

______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Hi! I'm new and quite enjoying my new-found (well, this year) pen addiction.

Picked up a Neon Pink Monteverde Intima w/Broad Nib at Fountain Pen Hospital today and been doodling while editing. Inked up with Private Reserve Shoreline Gold.

Been comparing it to my LAMY Al-Star with Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Both are quite fun to use. I'm not apologizing for my doodle pad - it was Buy one, Get one free at Hot Topic and because Star Wars.

http://teamronin.com/images/pens-web.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Conklin Symetrik Fine. This pen had been languishing in a drawer for more than a year, and then through experimenting, I discovered that it absolutely loves Diamine Grey, and has been happily added to the rotation.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Would you believe ....

We were all normal once.

Speak for yourself. I was never "normal". Or maybe this is the new normal? :rolleyes:

As for me, I slept in this morning. A lot. Too much of not enough sleep over the weekend and too much family stress (is it bad to say that most of my in-laws need to be bludgeoned to death and me then claiming "justifiable homicide"?). So, so far it's only been the black Parker 61, with Herbin Eclat de Saphir. Yesterday was (mostly) the Red Shadow Wave and Waterman Mysterious Blue, but I also had out the Parker 41 (Quink Black -- boring but safe). The day before it was the Sheaffer Touchdown Cadet with some vintage Skrip Royal Blue (although it's more blue-black in color...). Later it might be the Laidtone Duofold with the semi-flex oblique nib, and Iroshihzuku Yama-budo. :wub: Or one of the Charlie pens with Noodler's Myles Standish. Or....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

most of my in-laws need to be bludgeoned to death

I've only met Ruth once, but I wouldn't want to run into her in a dark alley, especially if she's carrying that bludgeon of hers. :lol:

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Esterbrook dollar pen loaded with sailor doyou, the ink is matching the pen color perfectly.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

• A blue Kaweco Sport ICE featuring a 1.1 mm italic nib and filled with Diamine Twilight

• An orange Kaweco Sport ICE featuring a 1.1 mm italic nib and filled with Noodler's Walnut

• A Lamy Vista featuring a 1.1 mm italic nib and filled with Diamine Majestic Purple

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Sheaffer imperial 440 loaded with waterman mysterious blue

esterbrook dollar pen loaded with sailor doyou

parker 15 loaded with montblanc seasons gratings cinnamon scented

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Mostly cleaning today, so not much writing, but when I do, it's with my new Pilot Falcon, SEF nib. My, that grocery list looks nice! I think I need another list to remember all of the lists I need to make of all of the things I'm not doing because I'm having too much fun writing with my new pen.

I'm sure none of YOU have ever been there...

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

fpn_1448760694__behinddeveil3_42_344mont

Fred

whoa thought it was a nightmare Lord it was

so true They told me don't go walking slow

the devil's on the loose Better run through

the jungle (repeat to yourself)...........................

Today, I was using mainly my Delta Capri that has a mix of Sailor Jentle Nioi-sumire and Faber Castell Cobalt Blue. I also used my Conklin Duragraph with Callifolio Olivastre, as well as my Lamy Safari with Callifolio Andrinople.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

This morning it's an "Original Reform 1745" with J. Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey. Nice combination, and I'm shocked at how well this little Reform writes.

Two months ago I picked up my first Reform 1745. I didn't have a loupe or magnifier with me, but it was already inked up and wrote very well so I bought it. When I got home I realized the nib was an Esterbrook. Now I want more 1745s since there are lots of possible great nib swaps.

post-126609-0-99674700-1448822254_thumb.jpgpost-126609-0-25356600-1448822087_thumb.jpg

Yesterday was small business Saturday. I went to a holiday festival and found a local artist who makes pens using the Wye Oak of Maryland. I found a fountain pen and loved the weight, length, and feel of it in my hand, so I supported him and bought my own holiday present for this year

Edited by BaltimoreDave

Namiki Yukari Royale Vermilion with Hermès red cartridge (thanks to barkingpig for sending this to me)

Nakaya Decapod Shiro-tamenuri with Platinum blue-black

I'm also cleaning some other pens that have been inked too long or are running on empty.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Today I'm switching between Lamy 2000 and Platinum Preppy. There's no real contest, but it's surprising how good a pen the Preppy really is.

Pens so far:

Montblanc 146, Lamy 2000 Fountain, Lamy 2000 Rollerball, Vintage Parker 45, Parker 45 Special, Platinum Preppy, Jinhao 159

Bauhaus Day for me.Today I choose the Lamy 2000 duo as my companion. Lamy 2000 Fountain Pen with EF nib (Laby Blue Ink) and Lamy 2000 Ballpoint Pen.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/sinthavalai/lamy2000.jpg

My fountain pens:

Parker Duofold, Sonnet,Premier

Pelikan Souverän M1000, M800, M805, M600, M400 White tortoise

Sheaffer Legacy Heritage, Valor,

Lamy 2000, Vista, Safari, Joy ,Studio

Montblanc Meisterstück 149, Pilot 78G

So I am kinda back to pens and inks.... Was not well for two weeks....

Picked up my beauty which I received just before I was down with fever and all...

fpn_1448869022__pelikan_amethyst_4.jpg

fpn_1448869333__pelikan_amethyst_3.jpg

fpn_1448869393__pelikan_amethyst_1.jpg

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter