What Pens Are You Using Today 2

______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Lamy Studio (Imperial Blue, EF nib) inked with Waterman Serenity Blue.......my #1 "go-to' FP for cursive writing practice....

Neck-and-neck is a Pilot Elite E95s (Ruby Red/Silver, EF nib) with Sailor Nano Ultra Black ink....

When I use these fine instruments, I can't help but think of the "Marine Prayer" - modified a bit:

"This is MY fountain pen......there are many like it, but this one is MINE......"!! ;)

These are my 2 favorite FPs....even though there are several more in my "stable" that are fancier and more costly.....

Proving (once again....) that more $$ does NOT always equal more QUALITY....

Always try to get the dibs......on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I'll be using the Sheaffer Taranis. I really need to use up the standard black cartridge. I guess I already have too many pens (9) and don't write as much as I should.

21666151404_d7f5966c9b.jpg

Sheaffer imperial 440 loaded with waterman mysterious blue

Sheaffer 300 loaded with diamine ancient copper.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Kiagelu 316 white (m) mediterranean blue.

Jinhao 217 rose/black (m) sapphire blue.

Both awesome pens.

Accompanying others the following....

Visconti: Versailles..stub..Kaleido..Typhoon Blue....

Montblanc: Dumas....

Pelikan:100N Oblique Broad....

Bexley: Deluxe....

They are filled with the blues....

fpn_1447453575__defe45tr5xvf.jpg

Fred

.....never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut.....

~ Jimmy

Emptied my TWSBIs for a new color line up. Finished the ink in the feeds jotting notes all day:

• TWSBI Diamond 580AL blue with Butter Line Stub~Italic F nib using Waterman Mysterious Blue

• TWSBI Diamond 580AL purple with Butter Line Stub~Italic M nib using Iroshizuku Kon-peki

• TWSBI Diamond 580AL lumi with Butter Line Stub~Italic B nib using Rohrer & Klinger Scabiosa

• Gate City New Postal Reservoir with Linda Kennedy DailyItalic Gigantic nib using Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Just finishing the ink in the feeds of these pens was more than a couple pages for each pen.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Aurora 88P, Fine nib, Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

Eversharp Skyline, Medium-Fine nib, Diamine Syrah

Practice, patience, perseverance

Yesterday, my green Esterbrook,with a #9788 nib, inked with Baystate Blue; and my grey Parker 51, 14k fine nib, inked with Edelstein Sapphire.

Today, I'll be using my Parker 45 with a fine/medium italic nib that I ground, inked with Diamine Ancient Copper.

Franklin Christophe Model 65 in solid ice, med nib with J. Herbin's Poussiere de Lune. All time fave.

post-122682-0-99888800-1447601059_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pen4Senator

Very pretty.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I've scribbled with three of the pens I have inked up so far today: a Sheaffer Agiao (I think it's the compact model, though I'm not sure of that), a Cross Century II and a Waterman Expert II. Diamine deep purple in the cross and the waterman, the blue/black (much bluer than black) cartridge it came with in the Sheaffer.

TWSBI Mini in rose gold with XF P. Brown nib, with Asaphire Blue (Diamine Asa and Diamine Sapphire mixture). This is my EDC pen for months now. Haven't gotten tired of it yet. Doubt I ever will. It's seriously put a damper on buying new fountain pens.

Dip Pens:

Eagle E840 "Modern Writer" semi-flex nib

Esterbrook #314 "Relief" stub nib

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

My new Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange EF nib filled with Lamy Orange!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Sheaffer imperial 440 loaded with waterman mysterious blue

Sheaffer 100 loaded with PR ebony green.

Edited by northstar

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail