• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's Blue and White TWSBI day. Didn't you all get the memo?

White Mini with P. Brown x-fine stub, Asaphire blue (Diamine Asa and Sapphire blue mix)

White Eco with 1.1. stub (love this stub!), J. Herbin Blue Ocean

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Good writing session with my Pilot Custom 912, Masuyama-tuned factory stub nib loaded with Diamine Blue Black. Man! That's a fine writing pen. Great size, great feel, great balance.

On the go today with a Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque with a factory stub loaded with Pelikan 4001 Königsblau.

Jotted some notes with my Platinum 3776 Century Nice Pur, and Shoji. One loaded with Dromgoole's Blue Steel by Noodler's, and the other loaded with Noodler's Ottoman Azure.

Drafted stuff with a Pelikan M101N Tortoiseshell Red with a Masuyama-stubbed B nib, and my 140 with a Mottishaw-stubbed B nib, each loaded with Pelikan Königsblau. The M150 has a butter line stub fine nib, loaded with Binder Burgundy.

Am I the victim of the enabling conduct of those on FPN, or what? I'm beginning to settle in to a routine where I have nifty pen and ink combinations hanging out at the various places I write. There they are, conveniently waiting for me to enjoy another useful and fun writing experience.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

TWSBI Vac 700 with 1.5mm stub nib, Akkerman Hopjesbruin ink, Rhodia paper for a bit of cursive italic writing practice. Enjoyed watching lesson 15 by Lloyd Reynolds.

Same pen, ink and paper, but quite a struggle with the Roman Capitals (lesson 16).

Added Pilot Parallel 2.4 and 3.8 mm pens to the mix because I wanted really wide nibs to better see what I was doing. Lloyd Reynolds was writing with a wide bamboo pen and my Parallels seemed the best approximation available to me. Sadly, the paper was easily damaged and soaked and I wasn't too happy with the results.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

I restored this past weekend and inked this am.........

fpn_1447277892__eandersonripbudsixtyeigh

Fred

who understands how deeply good it is to be alive.............................

Am I the victim of the enabling conduct of those on FPN, or what? I'm beginning to settle in to a routine where I have nifty pen and ink combinations hanging out at the various places I write. There they are, conveniently waiting for me to enjoy another useful and fun writing experience.

Would you believe ....

We were all normal once.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

TWSBI Vac 700, 1.5 mm stub, Akkerman Hopjesbruin, plus Pilot Parallel Pen 2.4 mm, Pilot red ink, both on Rhodia paper. Short practice session before breakfast: Roman Capitals.

Pelikan M800 EF, DA Sherlock Holmes (dark blue) and a Multo lecture notebook for notes at work.

Pilot VP with stub nib and RK Alt-Goldgrün on stand-by.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

The only pen I own; Pilot Metropolitan (F), using Diamine Asa Blue. Still waiting on my Elite 95s and Platinum preppy. The preppy is because I want to experiment on extra fine nib and I'm limited in funds.

Four-hour block of instruction. Passed the time with:

• Pilot Custom 912 w/ Masuyama-tuned factory stub, loaded with Diamine Blue-Black

• Silver Jinhao X750 M nib, loaded with Binder Burgundy

• Platinum 3776 Century Shoji w/ Mottishaw-stubbed B nib, loaded with Dromgoole's Blue Steel from Noodler's

Had a great time. May have even learned something. But mostly had a good time.

Would you believe ....

We were all normal once.

Seems so long ago, now.

Lamy (old, dark) Yellow Safari (black clip) with 1.1 nib and Noodler's GI Green. Very "Packers" combination. And the Reform 1745 made a re-appearance.

Parker 45 dark grey..gold filled cap with converging lines

and 14k extra-fine nib.......Filled with P.W. Akkerman #5

shocking blue ink..................

Fred

"The self-imposed standards at our family-owned watch company

are exemplified by the complexity of our hand-finishing."

~ Thierry Stern

Earnshaw Regency, med cursive italic stub with diamine sargasso sea.

Huahong Barleycorn, med cursive italic stub with diamine majestic blue.

&

A Jinhao x250 broad italic with diamine Sherwood green.

Ian

Pilot Custom 823 Amber (F), with Iroshizuku take-sumi;

Pelikan M1000 Black (EF), with Pelikan 4001 blue-black;

Pelikan M605 Marine Blue (EF), with Eldelstein Topaz;

Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange (IB), with Caran d'Ache electric orange.

I'm using a Pelikan 120 that I just picked up. It reminds me of the one I used in grad school. Nice memories.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams