What Pens Are You Using Today 2

______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

fpn_1444090485__hardshiptod.jpg

third quarter 1939...............................................................

Fred

....privacy is not dead, but it will be conceived differently....

~ L. Sotto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far today, only Noodler's Ahabs. I disassembled my clear one, cleaned it out, greased the threads and o rings, heat seated the nib and it works better than it has ever worked today. It is filled with Noodler's Borealis Black. The other pen is a Noodler's Ahab Jade (green and white) It is filled with Noodler's Hunter Green. I like the color a lot. This pen writes better than the clear one. But then all I did was clean it with water and a couple of drops of Dawn. Heat seated the nib and it works beautifully. I am having a lot of fun with these 2 pens.

White TWSBI Eco with 1.1mm, filled with Herbin Blue Ocean. An ocean of glittery goodness!

White TWSBI Mini with P. Brown ex stub, Diamine Asa Blu

Black TWSBI Eco with XF nib, filled with PR Sherwood Green

No-name German advertising fountain pen, fine nib, Noodlers Voltaire Candide Vermillion for notations.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Pelikan 140 loaded with Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M150 loaded with FPN Voltaire Candide Vermilion

Pelikan Souverän M400 loaded with Private Reserve Sherwood Green.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Waterman Carene Stub w/Montblanc JFK Navy Blue

Pilot 78G Medium w/Kaweco Palm Green

Hero 330 Fine w/Kaweco Palm Green

Pilot Varsity Medium w/Noodler's Black

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Today I've been scribbling with a few of my oldest Sheaffers that I haven't used in quite a while. One is a Sheaffer Jade Flat-top OS with a huge fine nib. Some discoloring and the cap shrunk to where it's a bit hard to take on and off, but it writes so incredibly well. The other is another Sheaffer Jade Flat-top, but a 5-30 model that is a smaller, pocket-sized pen with a clip. The jade green is as bright as new and it has a somewhat unusual medium-broad nib that is super smooth. I forgot how much I enjoyed these pens! Also used my Ranga 4C yellow swirl with a broad JoWo nib and my Parker Duofold c. 1927 in discolored jade green, smooth medium nib.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Pelikan M600 Vibrant Green with 14C F nib and Edelstein Jade

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Sapphire TWSBI 540, EF, Iroshizuky Asa Gao.

Black Lamy Safari, EF, Diamine Sherwood Green.

Steel and black Parker 25, M, J Herbin Poussiere de Lune.

Violet and white Sailor Lecoule, MF, J Herbin Violette Pensee.

Burgundy Pilot Capless Decimo, F, Pilot Namiki Blue.

Platinum 3776 Century Shoji with Mottishaw stubbed B nib loaded with FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue

Pelikan M150 with Pendleton Brown Butterline Stub F nib loaded with FPN Voltaire Candide Vermilion

Pelikan Souverän M400 with Pendleton Brown Butterline Stub M nib loaded with Private Reserve Sherwood Green

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

OMAS Purple Ogiva Alba, F-Extra Flessibile, with Sailor Kobe Tamon Purple Gray

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.