• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loving this ink color!

attachicon.gif2015-07-09 14.12.17.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture, is it brown or burgundy? I've been looking at trying one of those colors to get me out of the blue, black and blue/black routine.

Brand new Delta Momo 30th anniversary in Red and Carbon Fibre with a fine Fusion nib and inked with the new FPN VCV ink!

post-5351-0-84960000-1436546675_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

It's hard to tell from the picture, is it brown or burgundy? I've been looking at trying one of those colors to get me out of the blue, black and blue/black routine.

Hi rafizip,

It's J. Herbin's Poussiére de Lune (dust of the moon, I think?). It reads on paper as what I would characterize as a nice ripe plum or eggplant. It's a great color to break away from the standard business blue-black while maintaining your professional decorum--if you're thinking about work applications. Here's a link that displays a swatch, but I would say it reads richer, especially if you have a juicy nib. Happy questing beyond the blue-black yonder! http://www.gouletpens.com/jherbin-poussiere-de-lune-30ml-bottled-fountain-pen-ink/p/H130-48

Omas Arte Italia milord, broad nib, Monteblanc Irish Green ink was my choice for today.

My Waterman 52 1/2 v with the New York nib just came back from Fred Krinke. I'd forgotten what a good nib this is! The body is nothing special but the EF nib flexes massively - I don't write heavily enough to really use it to its full potential.

I'll give it a go, though.

A green Noodler's Ahab (yes, it still smells after three years) fitted with a Knox EF nib (just a wee bit of flex), filled with Noodler's FPN Van Gogh Starry Night blue.

Edited by Chthulhu

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

Montblanc Carlo Collodi, F, Akkerman Bekakt Haags (dark brown ink)

Montblanc F. Scott Fitzgerald, B / BB, MB Leonardo (red chalk ink)

At home, ready for an upcoming trip: Waterman Expert II, F, Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, attached to a passport-size Midori traveler's notebook. Will probably add a Goulet sample vial with that ink to my bag.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Conway Stewart Poinsettia 100, #26/50. Fine nib with Diamine Emerald Ink,

Pelikan Ductus. Gold & Black. Fine nib with Waterman Serenity Blue.

I have a picture of my Waterman 52 1/2 v, and what the line looks like loaded with Bungbox Eel:

post-118146-0-43487500-1436725307_thumb.jpg

"Bung box Eel" LOL . Where ever do they get these names from?

Edited by GreyPix

Pelikan M200 (Café Crème, F), diluted Montblanc Lavender Purple.

Noodler's FPC (Vulcan's Coral, flex nib), diluted Noodler's Ottoman Azure.

Parker Vector (Red, F), Noodler's Park Red.

But the day's not over yet.... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I use the MB Lavender Purple regularly and really like it. How much do you dilute and what does it look like?

today was a meeting of the Triangle Pen Club. We tired out sample of over 20 kinds of paper. It was a great deal of fun. it was also my first time trying pretty much all of these papers (with a very few exceptions). Tomoe River was amazing.

I used to test the paper:

Esterbrook J's with

- Stub nib and Stormy Grey

- Stub nib and MB Lavender Purple

Esterbrook SJ with Osmiroid nib and FPN Noodler's VCVermilion

Parker 51 broad stub with Aurora Black

Conklin 25 with flexible nib and Sheaffer Blue

TWSBI Mini with P. Brown super fine butter stub and Sailor Jentle Grenade

Sheaffer Snorkel medium nib with Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa

And two dip nibs:

Spencerian No. 1 for copperplate (used sumi-e ink, but got to try Walnut Ink and it's really cool)

Spencerian Congressional stub nib (used homemade blue black with added gum arabic)

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I saw some great stubs in there with some inks I love!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today I will be mostly writing with an Omas Arte Italiana filled with Montblanc Toffee Brown. The broad nib really brings out the shading very nicely. :)

TWSBI Mini in White/Rose Gold - Sailor Jentle Grenade (P. Brown custom fine stub)

Esterbrook J pen (AAA engraved) with 2314-M medium stub - Mont Blanc Lavender Purple

Little Red School House No. 282 stub - Dip pen, and practicing writing with Diamine Registrars.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Apart from my Omas I also used my Paper 53 pencil with my iPad for some impromptu sketching and writing on my tablet.

Pelikan M600 (Old Style) inked up with Diamine Imperial Purple, Pelikan M1000 with Diamine Blue Velvet, and TWSBI 580 with Sailor Sky High

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Hi rafizip,

It's J. Herbin's Poussiére de Lune (dust of the moon, I think?). It reads on paper as what I would characterize as a nice ripe plum or eggplant. It's a great color to break away from the standard business blue-black while maintaining your professional decorum--if you're thinking about work applications. Here's a link that displays a swatch, but I would say it reads richer, especially if you have a juicy nib. Happy questing beyond the blue-black yonder! http://www.gouletpens.com/jherbin-poussiere-de-lune-30ml-bottled-fountain-pen-ink/p/H130-48

Thanks I appreciate the lead; the link makes it look much more purplish than I'm look for, but will definitely be on the potential list.