What Pens Are You Using Today 2

______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

I cant seem to replace these two. Have been my two daily users for some time.

Parker 45 Harlequin and Pelikan M200 grey marble.Smooooth EF nibs in them both.

post-120354-0-38009400-1433353412_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy Safari tonight with EF nib. Oddly enough we had a power outage and I had to write by candle light. Quite an interesting experience, the color of ink and paper are different, and the warmth from the candle sets it's own atmosphere. Also tried Diamine Red Dragon for the first time, probably wasn't an ideal time for it, considering I couldn't quite gauge the inks color. However I suspect I just might do this more often.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/murda_fiziks/Pen/cd4be0a9-dc9b-40f2-978e-d55923946dda.jpg

I got to vent with my Platinum Preppy using Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng. Zipped off just over 5 pages of frustration. I feel better now, and can soon get to work on writing something constructive to persuade someone to do something he really doesn't seem to want to do.

post-88993-0-52178500-1433462749_thumb.jpg

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Pelikan M215 Orthogons with Fine nib and Edelstein Amethyst

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I am using the Wality 70 AM

I have reviewed it here in detail : LINK

img_20150504_1828372.jpg?w=768

Great review, beautiful pen ... I now want to own at least one .......

Another day of assorted pens.

Waterman Lady Patricia ink-vue - I just got this working. It's my first attempt, and it went pretty well. I felt like MacGyver using a fondue fork for the split ring removal, but it really was an absolute perfect fit. It still needs a little tuning, but I'm happy for a first exposure and effort.

Bexley Batvia

Sheaffer Sovereign II

Esterbrook Dollar Pen
Parker 51 Kullock

Tomorrow, there will be a new set to dink with:

Mabie Todd Swan

Conway Stewart 76 herringbone

Esterbrook M2

and...possibly a Parker 51 vacumatic, if I can finish it.

Lamy Safari tonight with EF nib. Oddly enough we had a power outage and I had to write by candle light. Quite an interesting experience, the color of ink and paper are different, and the warmth from the candle sets it's own atmosphere. Also tried Diamine Red Dragon for the first time, probably wasn't an ideal time for it, considering I couldn't quite gauge the inks color. However I suspect I just might do this more often.

I like the fact that you persevered despite the power failure. It looks like some colonial era scene, until I identify the Lamy Safari.

Trying out Diamine Autumn Oak for the first time, did a little doodling and wrote some gibberish. Pen for today is the wonderful Pelikan M805 with a Fine nib.

I like the chicken with the shoes on. Don't they hurt the chicken's feet, though?

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I'm diggin' the Vistas, Freddy. I used one today with my homebrew blue-gray Frankenink (I think it's Noodler's Blue American Eel, Noodler's Lexington Gray, and some Noodler's Ottoman Azure).

Also used a green Kaweco Sport ICE with homebrew green Frankenink (I think it's Noodler's Habanero and Noodler's Ottoman Azure).

But later today, when I got back from Talladega (where apparently a horse race did NOT occur), my brand new blue Platinum Plaisir was waiting – 6 days earlier than expected from sukiyaki_japan_usa on E-bay (Flawless transaction and a nice pen for under $14, including shipping).

I put some Kung Te-Cheng in it, and I'm off to the races (there's your gratuitous obscure reference to American Pharaoh). Now I'm going to get busy using it to explain to a district court judge that the U.S. Supreme Court didn't mean MY case was too old when they made their misguided decision on 26 May. At least I can enjoy the writing experience as I watch three years of work go "poof." When everything else goes bad, at least I can enjoy the writing experience. Maybe a well-ground nib makes the grind less dreary.

The photo is not nearly as cool as what y'all have up here. I post it to provide a benchmark to measure the chillified coolness of the other photos, and because it's all fun – even cheap pens on cheap paper – so long as a nib's involved.

post-88993-0-69417800-1433642088_thumb.jpg

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Piper Rock Classic with Franklin Christoph no.6 broad nib/Shaeffer Skrip Blue Black ink

fpn_1433635705__apbthirtyfivehomesweet.j

Fred

surround yourself with people of

quality and substance

Freddy - PR Lake Placid Blue is one of my all-time favorites

Franklin-Christoph 02 Intrinsic with a broad nib - inked with Diamine Sapphire

New pen day....Esterbrook Dollar bandless 3556, using Sheaffer blue.

Gweimer1 - You had a very unique orange Parker 51-ish pen posted a couple of weeks ago. It was gorgeous. Let's see some more of that pen. Maybe a writing sample?