What Pens Are You Using Today 2

______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

"New" pens in use today: A 1942 Parker Duofold (Duovac) F with Parker Blue Black and a very special Eversharp Skyline (1940s) M with Shaeffer Blue. I found the Eversharp cleaning out basement and it was in a box that was my father's. Had it restored and am enjoying it.

post-36319-0-66473800-1425403101_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today. I've just filled my Montegrappa Symphony Parchment with Murasaki Shikibu and my good old Sheaffer Imperial Diamond Gold Filled with a classical Quinck blue-black. The Caran d'Ache Leman Orange and Delta Dolce Vita ran out of ink, so I cleaned it and they now rest untill the next time ....

Pelikan M800 green-striped, medium CI nib by John Sorowka, Herbin Eclat de Saphir

Lamy 200, fine nib, Pelikan 4001 blue-black

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. (Einstein)

http://www.facebook.com/GuentherDebertin

Today I'm writing a letter to a relative. I compared 3 different pens on the Southworth 100% cotton resume paper and was honestly disappointed with the final choice.

I started with a Rotring Art Pen in Med thinking it was the nicest thing I have to write with. Unfortunately it tends to write dry, especially on this paper. Second was a Varsity, which are always surprisingly good. Last was a Uni-Ball Vision which is my normal daily driver at work for scribbling on drawings.

I like to use the Art Pen but the truth is it isn't that smooth of a writer. I ended up going with the Varsity which is always a pleasure to write with, even if it's a cheapy.

M1000 BB stub with Diamine Denim

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Burgundy Kaweco Sport, B, Kaweco Summer Purple ink cartridge. New pen and ink. I usually do not use B nibs but this one is not extremely broad and quite nice.

TWSBI 580 medium with Diamine Oxblood

TWSBI Micarta v2 medium with J Herbin Café des Iles

Started a new journal this morning and wrote my name and address with Pilot Parallel Pen: a 2.4 mm with blue ink for the majuscules, and a 1.5 mm with black ink for the minuscules. Just the first page, no entries just yet. With many thanks to "Reedalumni" for posting the Lloyd Reynolds' videos on YouTube with which I'm trying to develop a decent cursive italic hand.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

http://www.skyliners.com/nib/potd_20150305.jpg

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Montblanc 146 F with Iroshizuku Asa-gao

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Rocking my Pelikan M200 with stormy grey and to keep it comany I have my Diplomat Aero pencil.

Using a Pelikan R600 white tortoise and M400 brown tortoise. Regretting that my to-do list requires more typing than handwriting today...

1930s Parker Vacumatic F nib with Parker Blue-Black ink - perfect pen for writing checks.

post-36319-0-18969800-1425600215_thumb.jpg

Today I'm using my Lamy 2000 (M). I'd held off buying one for a long time after reading comments about it having a small sweet spot and an unusable ink window, and feeling like it's design was kinda "meh". How wrong I was! This thing is lovely in-hand, solidly built, super smooth, and the ink window does what it should. Great pen!

Today: Stipula Etruria, (d A. Charles Dickens) Visconty HS broze (MB Albert Einstein) Pelickan 200 special edition ( Diamine Salamander) Sailor 1911 ( Noodler's Rattler red)