Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Red - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Yep. Mods are doubtless setting phasers to frappé.

Edited by Flaxmoore

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sakura Fountain Pen Gallery generously sent me Robert Oster Red Clay.

It is an ink in the inkArt.ink line ( http://www.inkartink.com/ ) They are available in 50 and 100 ml and have added UV protection.

Red Clay is a a nice "muted" red. Clay can have a lot of different colors, but this looks for me like the red bricks used for building in the Netherlands.

The ink shows shading and what I particularly like is the dark outline of the letters (see writing and dip pen).

There is some black sheen.

Behavior of the ink is good, like most Robert Oster inks, and especially the use with dip pen and for calligraphy is excellent, as expected for an Art ink :)

The chromo shows three colors, 2 of them very distinct. Closest thing to the chromo is Shaeffer Skrip Red, but this red is far more brighter.

I like the color and behavior of the ink, not only for art but also for writing.

I love RED —in all of it's shades and tints. The darker, more moody reds are especially nice at this time of year (late autumn):

fpn_1511457419__2017-11-23_115626.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Under sunlight Rouge Hematite is looking... Orange. Mix of four year old and newly purchased. Poppy red looks nicely saturated, it looked pink on a Muji, unfortunately it's unlikely to last on this Laureat leaker. Fabriano traccia.

fpn_1513094591__rouge_hematite_poppy_red

fpn_1513094669__rouge_hematite.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Rouge Hematite, very interesting ink.

The orange kind of thing I recognize, the interesting thing is that in the chromo there is no yellow at all to explain the orange like color. My guess it maybe is something of the sheen or shimmer. I used it for some drawings, and it can even have some greenish color.

As I said, very interesting ink....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/279273-inky-t-o-d-color-swatches-red-please-post-your-pictures-and-tell-us-your-thoughts/?p=3932403

I have an almost full bottle of the original Rouge Hematite. If it has survived, I will try to find a sacrificial pen to play with it. Maybe one of my Ecos.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I have an almost full bottle of the original Rouge Hematite. If it has survived, I will try to find a sacrificial pen to play with it. Maybe one of my Ecos.

If the sparkles are not to your liking or if you think they'll clog the nib, try inking up from the ink at the top, without shaking the bottle, and see what you think.

A while back, I put my Hematite through doubled coffee filters to (almost) eliminate the sparkles, and the ink alone is my favorite red, bar none. The ink is so powerful, the sparkles are —in my opinion— totally unnecessary. ENJOY!

Rouge Hematite, very interesting ink.

The orange kind of thing I recognize, the interesting thing is that in the chromo there is no yellow at all to explain the orange like color. My guess it maybe is something of the sheen or shimmer. I used it for some drawings, and it can even have some greenish color.

As I said, very interesting ink....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/279273-inky-t-o-d-color-swatches-red-please-post-your-pictures-and-tell-us-your-thoughts/?p=3932403

I love this ink but I'd never seen it quite so orange! SO I guess it's the new bottle.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Make sure that is an easy to clean pen, this ink is notoriously gunky; I only dare use it on a Lamy Vista because it's so easy to dismantle.

B. Russell

• 2 months later...

This is the title to my ink notebook entry for Diamine Matador, in the Rhodia paper section.

It's my idea of a "true bloody red," without pink, violet or oranges in it. It makes me remember the numerous scrapes and cuts of my childhood (and some even of my adulthood for balance and coordination are not always my friends).

fpn_1519659958__diamine_047_matador_rhod

Diamine Matador is a wet ink.

It's a relatively well-behaved ink in my experience. With a wet medium nib, it feathers and bleeds through on Navigator 80gm copy paper, on Pigna and Blasetti squared and lined notebooks in A4 and A5 formats. These are very popular inexpensive papers in my country/area. With a fine nib it fares better.

I've always had something inked with Matador since I've got it. Despite being a red ink, it doesn't stain nibs, feeds, barrels or converters.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

This is the title to my ink notebook entry for Diamine Matador, in the Rhodia paper section.

It's my idea of a "true bloody red," without pink, violet or oranges in it. It makes me remember the numerous scrapes and cuts of my childhood (and some even of my adulthood for balance and coordination are not always my friends).

fpn_1519659958__diamine_047_matador_rhod

Diamine Matador is a wet ink.

It's a relatively well-behaved ink in my experience. With a wet medium nib, it feathers and bleeds through on Navigator 80gm copy paper, on Pigna and Blasetti squared and lined notebooks in A4 and A5 formats. These are very popular inexpensive papers in my country/area. With a fine nib it fares better.

I've always had something inked with Matador since I've got it. Despite being a red ink, it doesn't stain nibs, feeds, barrels or converters.

Nice ink, awesome drawings!

B. Russell

Nice ink, awesome drawings!

Thank you! They're just random doodles. I was actually very embarassed to post them too, but left them in at the last second.

Krishna NJAVAL is a pretty, richly saturated ink, but pinky reds are not my favorite (I prefer orangey reds or browny reds ;) )

fpn_1520543196__krishna-njaval.jpg

Krishna NJAVAL is a pretty, richly saturated ink, but pinky reds are not my favorite (I prefer orangey reds or browny reds ;) )

Same here.

Before I tackle the task of translating my research proposal into Italian, I've written down a quote I found in the Norton Anthology of English Literature.

Pen used is Wing Sung 3008 with Lamy F nib.

Ink is Diamine Matador.

Paper is Pigna specialty paper 1cm squared. It's better than the usual Pigna 0,5cm squared and 1cm lined notebooks, but it's not easily found.

fpn_1520596289__diamine_047_literature_e