Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Red - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

I'll post my burgundy. I believe I had similar thoughts about the color. If it had been named something else, I would have loved it. What is in a name? Quite a lot.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh.. this reminds me... I have a swatch card from Robert... where he compares his Burgundy with Visconti's..

They are identical coming from the same pen.. I'll post that. :D

Fine... The digital representation is not as "identical".. or my eyes need some adjusting... :blush: .... in real life, they look almost identical... ;)

With Flash

fpn_1467936121__ro_burgundycomp01.jpg

Without Flash

fpn_1467936257__ro_burgundycomp02.jpg

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

WOW! Totally amazing thread on red/pink/burgundy inks!! Kudos to all who shared :)

She who laughs, lasts 61106869_10219479460406206_6753598647167

fpn_1469257678__winterglow.jpg

Beautiful effect with that music nib!

One of my favorites inks. I have Winter Glow always loaded in a Pelikan M600 with medium nib. Wonderful color!

Edited by HalloweenHJB

• 2 weeks later...

Revisiting this thread today and again, I am delighted all over again.

Rouge Hematite permanently inhabits the TWSBI diamond mini with a 1.5mm stub. This is what I call a perfect match.

Matador is in the Parker Sonnet with a F nib (that writes more medium than fine in actuality). A very close to perfect match between pen and ink.

Nooder's Red-Black is in the Kaweco sport red/clear model with an EF nib. I feel like the Red-Black feathers a lot.

Diamine Red Dragon is in the TWSBI diamond mini with an EF nib. I almost like this combination, but it feels a bit dry to me.

J. Herbin Rouge Carboubier is in the Kaweco sport white with an F nib.This is satisfying yet more grapefruit than red.

Noodler's Qin Shi Huang is being experimented with in the Pilot Preppie with F nib, eyedropper, and it's too pink and light. Not feeling it yet.

Diamine Wild Stawberry is in a Fellowship ED demonstrator. Bright and uncontrollable combination as the pen leaks and dribbles.

Private Reserve Dakota Red is in the Lamy Safari with an F nib. I found I like this for addressing envelopes and packages.

Not all of these are perfect matches, but we are getting closer and closer.

Thank you for all your inky enabling and supporting and enticing. I am re-enthused all over again.

Edited by AD64

AD64, I am very impressed!! Now take all those pens and write a few lines with each on a single sheet of paper and post it up here - mail the original to me for the next fade test.

BTW, let me know what you think of QSH, and whatever you do, do not mix it with anything else.

AD64, I am very impressed!! Now take all those pens and write a few lines with each on a single sheet of paper and post it up here - mail the original to me for the next fade test.

BTW, let me know what you think of QSH, and whatever you do, do not mix it with anything else.

Ah the thought of such pleasures is wonderful indeed.

I will do as you bid, Amberlea, within the week, I hope.

Best from Land of Red,

AD

WOO HOOO

Some of ours. The others aren't currently in pens, unless zwack has some of them in his....

fpn_1470617980__reds1a.jpg

Edited by IrishEyes

"In the end, only kindness matters."

BTW--my writing isn't crooked! The perspective shot that came out of the camera, though, makes it look that way.

"In the end, only kindness matters."

Some of ours. The others aren't currently in pens, unless zwack has some of them in his....

fpn_1470617980__reds1a.jpg

I am impressed! Now we need to put this one up in a window too.