Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Red - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

It sure is. It's one of my favourite red. And would have been the perfect red if it didn't stain and weren't so hard to clean.

perhaps I will consider a dedicated demonstrator for it then ..... perfection has a price.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I, as well, have it in a TWSBI demonstrator. I have the feeling that it will never see another ink, and that's ok with me... ;)

I, as well, have it in a TWSBI demonstrator. I have the feeling that it will never see another ink, and that's ok with me... ;)

What pen do you use the Rouge Hematite in Lgsoltek?

What size nib are you using, Halloween?

Now the question will be whether to ink the TWSBI Diamond Mini (1.5mm stub) or the Stipula Passaporto (F nib)? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Well I haven't used RH in a long time... Makes me want to bring it out again!

For the last question, in a stub! It'll be stunning!

Indeed, you must!

And I agree, a 1.1 or 1.5 stub will be amazing, although I have less success with 1.5 stubs unless the feed allows a more generous flow of ink. A fine nib, in my own opinion, would not be nearly as dramatic. They never are...

Indeed, you must!

And I agree, a 1.1 or 1.5 stub will be amazing, although I have less success with 1.5 stubs unless the feed allows a more generous flow of ink. A fine nib, in my own opinion, would not be nearly as dramatic. They never are...

Or a wet flex nib! I'm tempted to put it in a vintage Waterman but I don't think I'll ever be able to get it clean...

Or a wet flex nib! I'm tempted to put it in a vintage Waterman but I don't think I'll ever be able to get it clean...

you said the magic words: wet, flex, nib ........

oh the mind dazzles at the thought.

now, as for the Vintage Waterman; perhaps this is it's life's work? Who can say?

I will dedicate my TWSBI mini 1.5mm stub nib to this soon. Perhaps tomorrow after travels.

Please share writing samples if you do!

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-03_32.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

I am not familiar with the Sailor Shuurushi — looks wonderful! Is it more of a rose red?

It sure is pretty!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

OOO that's pretty too.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-30_27.jpg

Great doodle design to show off the inks!

I love how Migo did those doodles / zentangles. Now I'm going to have to learn how to do them.

I am in love with each and every one of these reds. Thank you for sharing them via doodle-art. I'm really enjoying this.

Zen-tangle is quite fun too.

fpn_1467003596__lycoris-red.jpg

This reminds me a lot of Diamine's Wild Strawberry. Now I'm curious to see them compared.

Beautiful calligraphy. Thank you for sharing, Lgsoltek.

Oh.. this reminds me... I have a swatch card from Robert... where he compares his Burgundy with Visconti's..

They are identical coming from the same pen.. I'll post that. :D

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/06-June/slides/2016-06-30_40.jpg

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thank you, Cyber6!

Oh.. this reminds me... I have a swatch card from Robert... where he compares his Burgundy with Visconti's..

They are identical coming from the same pen.. I'll post that. :D

I used the same pen for both Visconti & Oster in my doodle for Amberlea. The line width of Oster Burgundy looks thicker because it seemed to spread more on the paper (Tomoegawa). No feathering though.

I didn't find them identical, as I think can be seen. The Visconti has a slightly more muted (pinkish) tone. Rob's Burgundy is brighter. It has a strange thin consistency, and is wet on the paper. Both are similar with regard to saturation, with a slightly dry feel from the nib. Oster Burgundy is a touch more 'stainy', but not by much. However, I agree, they are visually similar.

I did tell Rob that this looks like no burgundy I've ever drunk! LOL. It's far too bright. It's one of the Oster's I'm not keen on, for various reasons.

Verba volant, scripta manent