Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Red - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I have this one on order.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I must have gotten a bad batch of inks. All of the KWZ inks I tried were dry, and less than brilliant. Oh well.

But speaking of reds, here is one of my favorite BRIGHT, BRIGHT reds, Diamine Wild Strawberry. The sheen is not obvious, but on Tomoe River, it sheens very nicely:

post-113310-0-60736200-1454885397_thumb.jpg

Wild Strawberry is one of my favorites. And that red Toledo is stunning.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Wild Strawberry is one of my favorites. And that red Toledo is stunning.

Thanks! I was taken aback by the tiny size, but the beauty of the hand-worked silver was a wonderful surprise!

post-113310-0-82919900-1454901514_thumb.jpg

If only the scan could capture the sheen of the beauteous RED CASHMERE. It's a thing of beauty...

post-113310-0-85543000-1455060222_thumb.jpeg

Red Cashmere looks brown or gold because it has so much sheen.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I dislike this brownish red colour in the scan. Kind of reminds me of Red Dragon that I despise.

Sorry to hear that! Red Dragon has a magnificently rich color, but the ink MUST be filtered to eliminate the crud.

I put a coffee filter in a funnel, and poured the full bottle of Red Dragon into a clean empty bottle. Then I washed out the original bottle, threw away the first filter, put in a new one, and poured the ink back into its original bottle. I have never had any problem with the ink since.

Sorry to hear that! Red Dragon has a magnificently rich color, but the ink MUST be filtered to eliminate the crud.

I put a coffee filter in a funnel, and poured the full bottle of Red Dragon into a clean empty bottle. Then I washed out the original bottle, threw away the first filter, put in a new one, and poured the ink back into its original bottle. I have never had any problem with the ink since.

What?! Is this a known issue with red dragon? I just started using a 30ml bottle of it... Can anyone else chime in?

LG, Red Cashmere is only gold / green looking when super concentrated. At "normal" concentrations it is not brown at all.

The splatters look great!

When I ordered this ink, I thought it might be more brown than red, but to my (pleasant) surprise, it is a deep, dark red-brown that looks so delicious, I want to get a straw and drink. Ok, well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I just might have to get divorced so that I can marry this ink. *YUMMMM*.

de Atramentis COLA (scented!):

post-113310-0-78823500-1456182405_thumb.jpg

And in context with other similar hues:

post-113310-0-45821400-1456182424_thumb.jpg

I hope I dream in this color tonight... ;)

Edited by HalloweenHJB

When I ordered this ink, I thought it might be more brown than red, but to my (pleasant) surprise, it is a deep, dark red-brown that looks so delicious, I want to get a straw and drink. Ok, well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I just might have to get divorced so that I can marry this ink. *YUMMMM*.

de Atramentis COLA (scented!):

attachicon.gif2016-02-22 17.42.47.jpg

And in context with other similar hues:

attachicon.gif2016-02-22 17.42.38.jpg

I hope I dream in this color tonight... ;)

How does it behave? I love many of the colours but I just can't stop most of my De A inks feathering like crazy.

Verba volant, scripta manent