Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Red - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Glad you like it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have tried so many reds but always return to the old faithful

post-118225-0-36729000-1431075338_thumb.jpg

Edited by perfaddict

• 2 weeks later...

Not nearly as bright as Quink Red (could any ink be that bright??!), but a worthy adversary is Noodler's Nikita. Thanks to Kestrel!

Bask in the glory that was the shoe-pounding Premier:

fpn_1431991936__noodlers_nikita-hjb.jpg

Edited by HalloweenHJB

TRSS also shares his Chesterfield Garnet. A very handsome red ink:

fpn_1431992385__chester_garnet-hjb.jpg

Edited by HalloweenHJB

Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

post-118225-0-27518000-1432041855_thumb.jpg

Parker Quink Red remains the favourite red.

Can someone please educate me on the colour classification of Noodlers Red Black. Burgundy? I love this colour.

Diamine Red Dragon and Monaco Red - to my eyes they appear the same colour, with Monaco Red having more depth/saturation. MR shades ever so slightly, unlike the flat-looking RD.

Edited by perfaddict

Great combination of colors. The Red-Black really grabs my attention. I don't have a good name for that type of color, but it's my favorite. Burgundy / Bordeaux / other dark red wine --that's what I'd call it. Deep-Dark Red, maybe?

Great combination of colors. The Red-Black really grabs my attention. I don't have a good name for that type of color, but it's my favorite. Burgundy / Bordeaux / other dark red wine --that's what I'd call it. Deep-Dark Red, maybe?

Thanks. Red Black is quite new to me, but quite stunning. A favourite of mine now.

• 3 weeks later...

Newly-acquired Diamine Deep Dark Red. Very tricky. When I first tried it, it looked very brown, with just a hint of red. Now it looks more like the name. The pen will be crucial in how this comes out for anyone thinking of buying it.

Also, the scanner could not capture the color at all. I struggled to get the color I see on the paper on the screen, but with only partial success.

fpn_1433874615__deep_dark_red-hjb.jpg

An ink with a strangely attractive color and scent. And it's not just for the holidays anymore! ;)

fpn_1433877994__mulled_wine-hjb.jpg

"deep dark red" has little sheen?! :) mine sheens plenty in pelikan :).

edit: i really need to get better lightning so i could post pictures :(.

Edited by Ereshkigal

This ink has pens that it really loves and others that it tolerates.

post-74729-0-10055800-1434259984_thumb.jpg

Amber, you should try Kingdom Note Toki/Nipponia Nippon. It's a one-dimensional bright red with no shading whatsoever but it just pops out of the paper.

REALLY???? I will have to try it. I love retina searing one dimensional wet writing inks. Thank you for the suggestion.

I am really adoring, idolizing Noodler's Cayenne. It's just right.

fpn_1434576548__podran_cortar-neruda.jpg

Is that an woodblock on TR paper?

Is that a woodblock on TR paper?

TR paper, yes, sent through the laser printer with a scanned Victorian border/bookplate. The paper crinkles easily, so the process is a bit tricky, but the final effect makes it worth it, don't you think?

That's beautiful!

• 2 months later...

Getting ready for Fall. There's a crispness in the air here in Indianapolis, so WINE INKS are getting ready for the change in seasons:

fpn_1440121797__wine_inks.jpg

No sure why Merlot looks so brown (it really isn't), but that's the best my scanner can do...

Edited by HalloweenHJB