Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Red - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Thank you!!!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I'm just gonna leave this here. This is my favorite red so far!

http://inkymadness.tk/Montblanc/Corn%20Poppy%20Red.jpg

fpn_1434432647__fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

That's one I DONT'T have! And it's been calling my name for some time now. The calling is getting louder and louder... Make it stop! ;)

It's a little too dry for my tastes.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It's a little too dry for my tastes.

Oooh, that worked! Thank you! The sound is getting fainter... ;)

Oooh, that worked! Thank you! The sound is getting fainter... ;)

Really? It's pretty wet on my pens at least. :P

Don't listen to Felix.... He must have super wet pens. I have wet pens, but it failed my too dry for daily use test.

Don't listen to Felix.... He must have super wet pens. I have wet pens, but it failed my too dry for daily use test.

That is true. Every pen I get always receives my special treatment to make it super duper wet.

That is true. Every pen I get always receives my special treatment to make it super duper wet.

I'm intrigued. What is this treatment of which you speak? ;)

I'm intrigued. What is this treatment of which you speak? ;)

Oh boy! That's my secret but will tell you anyways! I take a smoothing kit and run the nib until it is buttery smooth. Sometimes, I create a small "foot" with the tip to fit my hand positions.

Then, I take the nib and see how wet it is. If I don't like it (I rarely do), I take a plastic sheet (from Pilot Parallel) and run it through the tines. If it doesn't fit, I flex the nib out a tiny bit to get the sheet firmly slotted. 15 minutes of the sheet being there, followed by back and forth motions really make the nib very wet. Do some more smoothing and adjustments as I see fit afterwards.

Different story for Noodler's pens though! Those are a different beast!

You meant your bloody fingerprints, right? :lticaptd:

You meant your bloody fingerprints, right? :lticaptd:

Oh come on! This one wasn't even that bad! I think my cards just don't like the oils on my fingers or something! EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Oh come on! This one wasn't even that bad! I think my cards just don't like the oils on my fingers or something! EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Were you born a blonde? :D

Were you born a blonde? :D

I very well could have been. My parents kept this secret from me and kept on dyeing my hair pitch black when I was asleep. :P

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/2015-Ink_0304.jpg

The Grenade is SUPER pretty. Just my kind of red! Maybe that will have to do since the Arkane is beyond our grasp...

Before you go crazy looking for the NLA Grenada, try Levenger Pomegranate.

Will do! Or maybe, just maybe, I can get samples and do one of my goofy "face-offs"! ;)

I don't think you can get the Levenger as a sample, but you can probably persuade one of us to do samples.

• 2 weeks later...

Before you go crazy looking for the NLA Grenada, try Levenger Pomegranate.

Great suggestion! Exactly what I was hoping for!

fpn_1430938918__pomegranate-hjb.jpeg