Solid Grey Color Esterbrook "educational Sample"?

jdllizard

I've never heard of an "Educational Sample" other than demonstrator models. Was this a salesman sample given to schools for testing and try outs? Or something else altogether?

post-117098-0-22674800-1416396008_thumb.jpg

John L

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• Sasha Royale

• gweimer1

• jdllizard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am new to Esterbrook fountain pens. It looks like a " J ". I photo of the fill lever might narrow the period of manufacture.

The solid color is unusual. I , too, would suspect a salesman's pen. Did a salesman order the inscription, or was it a

company issue ? Does the "plain, homely gray" have a purpose ?

I will be following to learn more.

Thank you for sharing this one. I hope you have a rare find.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

These usually turn up in White or Aqua but I've seen most of the other colors. The printing will come off if you do any polishing.

I no longer pay a premium for them but some people might. I do think it gives the pen a bit of interest.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

As mentioned, I saw one in aqua come up this summer, and was listed as coming from the estate of an Esterbrook salesman, and described as the sales sample pen.

I'm with Todd, these come up often enough i wouldn't pay a premium for them. In fact, I may very well not have a single one in my collection. Or not, not sure really. ;-)

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.