Sailor Four Seasons: 8 Inks Compared

lgsoltek

What are your favourites?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourites?

I have ordered all the inks that you recommended, it'll be in the set of 8. :)

I like green too, but can't seem to find any use of Private Reserve Sherwood green that I currently have, that inorganic smell turns me off every time I open the bottle.

I only have expensive pens, and I haven't heard anything good about PR as a brand, hence I am kinda hesitant to use it.

I'm sure Miruai and Tokiwa-Matsu would be good, so that I can put them in daily use.

Thanks for the bungbox bottle information, I don't need the ink any time soon so it's okay with me. It's not a limited run ink either so I will eventually get it. :)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyYNWA

• lgsoltek

• Dhruv_Sood

• migo984

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dhruv_Sood, I will say that a few of the inks will lightly stain a converter (Souten), but nothing to alarm one's self over. For among the Sailor Jentle ink Four Seasons line, there is Doyou. It a VERY lubricant ink that acts almost as ink "laxative"--works well to remove stains on converters. :thumbup:

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Thanks for the tip Haruka. :)

I'll probably run these inks in rotation, 2 weeks with one and next 2 weeks with the other, so when the converter is stained, I know which ink to use. :)

• 1 month later...

Is this lineup of inks a limited edition which will be discontinued, or will they be part of the "standard" colors?

I really like many of them, but my budget doesn't allow me to buy all the colors I want at once...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Is this lineup of inks a limited edition which will be discontinued, or will they be part of the "standard" colors?

I really like many of them, but my budget doesn't allow me to buy all the colors I want at once...

They are standard at the moment, but Sailor have a habit of discontinuing popular inks.

If you get in really quick (this offers ends at midnight today 31/8 Japan time), this is an amazing deal for all 8 Seasons inks, at ¥6,048

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/komamono-honpo/item/km-set-13-1005/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

Just as a guide the shipping from Japan to UK is ¥4800.

I've not seen better. My order came to just over £54 total, inc shipping.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

^That's where i ordered from. Just came in half an hour ago.

http://i.minus.com/j6OewzyN4bw2G.JPG

Don't worry about the midnight thing, i ordered on 31/07 and it renewed the next day. It will renew monthly.

Don't worry about the midnight thing, i ordered on 31/07 and it renewed the next day. It will renew monthly.

Usually the offers do renew but I have been caught out in the past when one didn't. I think it depends on stocks....

You have a point there migo.

I got it for $48 when the yen was stable, seems like it has now increased by a dollar or so.

Edit: trying to locate oku-Yama. Need to search for the codes.

Edit 2: found it. 13-1005-208

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

Edit: trying to locate oku-Yama. Need to search for the codes.

Oku-yama - I think is code 208. I can't quite see clearly from your pic but it looks possibly like bottom row, second from the right.

Edit to add pic:

Looks like this...

Edited by migo984

Still, thank you. :)

The offer has been renewed now so whoever wants to order has plenty of time now.

Excellent news :-)

They are standard at the moment, but Sailor have a habit of discontinuing popular inks.

If you get in really quick (this offers ends at midnight today 31/8 Japan time), this is an amazing deal for all 8 Seasons inks, at ¥6,048

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/komamono-honpo/item/km-set-13-1005/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

Just as a guide the shipping from Japan to UK is ¥4800.

I've not seen better. My order came to just over £54 total, inc shipping.

Thanks for the advice, I will keep it in mind.

Unfortunately, I don't have that money at the moment and I've just bought a bottle of Yama-dori.

However, the Swedish retailer for Sailor sells the bottles for 125 SEK/bottle + domestic shipment 12 SEK = 137 SEK (~£10,50, ~€14,40, ~$16,20). I think it's an OK price.

But they only ship to Scandinavia.

YNWA - JFT97

How long did it take from you placed the order, until you received the goods?

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Hi Andy,

I placed the order on 31st July and made the payment on 5th August. I asked him to delay shipping since I already had one parcel in the customs at that time and I don't want more than 1 parcel in custom at any given time.

I asked him to ship on 10th evening, but they do international shipping once every 2 days so it was shipped on 12th August.

Went into customs on 14th August, passed customs on 28th August (it was opened and individual boxes were examined, some had bubble wrap taken off).

Reached me today on 31st August. So 19 days including weekends using EMS. I suggest that you use small packet service or something else which they have just started. 11 bottles including packaging weighed 2400gms so I am sure 8 bottles will weigh less than 2000gms and you will be able to use cheaper shipping.

Hi Andy,

I placed the order on 31st July and made the payment on 5th August. I asked him to delay shipping since I already had one parcel in the customs at that time and I don't want more than 1 parcel in custom at any given time.

I asked him to ship on 10th evening, but they do international shipping once every 2 days so it was shipped on 12th August.

Went into customs on 14th August, passed customs on 28th August (it was opened and individual boxes were examined, some had bubble wrap taken off).

Reached me today on 31st August. So 19 days including weekends using EMS. I suggest that you use small packet service or something else which they have just started. 11 bottles including packaging weighed 2400gms so I am sure 8 bottles will weigh less than 2000gms and you will be able to use cheaper shipping.

Thanks!

This means that the shipping from Japan was quick, but the customs were slow. Usually the Swedish customs only take a couple of days if the documents are in order.

But in all, it sounds tempting...

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

You're welcome. :)

Shipping options always give what they promise. It's always the customs who delay.

My opinion on indian customs (Delhi customs in my case) was the same as yours on Swedish customs prior to this parcel. My experience

Iroshizuku 4 bottles - passed in 5 days

Nakaya - 6 minutes as per tracking

Pilot custom 823 - 3 minutes as per tracking.

Sailor inks (this time) - 15 days

I paid custom duty this time and with Iroshizuku. Not with the pens.

Hence, it can vary.

My suggestion would be to use cheaper shipping. EMS doesn't pass unnoticed.

You're welcome. :)

Shipping options always give what they promise. It's always the customs who delay.

My opinion on indian customs (Delhi customs in my case) was the same as yours on Swedish customs prior to this parcel. My experience

Iroshizuku 4 bottles - passed in 5 days

Nakaya - 6 minutes as per tracking

Pilot custom 823 - 3 minutes as per tracking.

Sailor inks (this time) - 15 days

I paid custom duty this time and with Iroshizuku. Not with the pens.

Hence, it can vary.

My suggestion would be to use cheaper shipping. EMS doesn't pass unnoticed.

what is your cost of bottle each, after including all cost like ink cost, shipping custom etc in Indian rupees

I think I paid INR 7000 in total including customs and shipping. Custom duty was largely avoided by underdeclaring but I still had to pay around INR 600. Better than INR 3000.

For the shikisai (set of 8 bottles, similar covers, see picture) INR 4773

Per bottle INR 597

For the pigmented inks (7000-4773)/3 = INR 743

So not that expensive.

I think I paid INR 7000 in total including customs and shipping. Custom duty was largely avoided by underdeclaring but I still had to pay around INR 600. Better than INR 3000.

For the shikisai (set of 8 bottles, similar covers, see picture) INR 4773

Per bottle INR 597

For the pigmented inks (7000-4773)/3 = INR 743

So not that expensive.

yeah you got good deal