Esterbrook Brand Being Revived This December?

KBeezie

He might do ok. Grifos has and they look to be the same pen using a slightly different pen blank with different engraving and plating.

Certainly looks like he sourced his product elsewhere and isn't making it.

It's still ugly and overpriced for my tastes.

You can find so much in the Classifieds here for the same or less money that will make you a lot happier.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• KBeezie

• OcalaFlGuy

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be patient. These Esties will eventually be sold on Ebay at prices below wholesale, as he did with Conklin, Chilton and Mabie Todd.

See his latest:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RED-BLUE-MARBLE-MABIE-TODD-RIALTO-FOUNTAIN-PEN-M-NIB-/271761212021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f463b0275

“Stunning!”

Look what I came across in a Google search:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/176860-a-holiday-pen-horror-story/

That's what I figure as well, eventually they will be heavily discounted on the secondary market. Or I'll just save up and get one of these Grifos pens, I kinda like the silver and black stingray.

http://www.grifos-pens.it/en/fountain-pens/1127-penna-stilografica-calypso.html

John L

And, in a maybe not unrelated story, my first fountain pen was one of those new Conklin Symetric pens several years ago. I used it at work for a long time, but not too rigorously.

I just noticed this morning that the band rings are floating on the cap... :yikes:

Be patient. These Esties will eventually be sold on Ebay at prices below wholesale, as he did with Conklin, Chilton and Mabie Todd.

See his latest:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RED-BLUE-MARBLE-MABIE-TODD-RIALTO-FOUNTAIN-PEN-M-NIB-/271761212021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f463b0275

“Stunning!”

Look what I came across in a Google search:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/176860-a-holiday-pen-horror-story/

The problem when they are offered up on the Bay is that you will have to get nasty messages from him when his wife sends you a defective pen and you request a replacement.

The pens on Grifos look like they would be used by a low level drug lord or a Las Vegas loan shark. These Zombie Esterbrooks have found a home!

What other places aside from Fahrney's is carrying the pens?

It doesn't seem like the retailers are very keen on this. Could it be that many of them frequent this site and know that a substantial fan/customer base has been squandered?

Also, there was talk of Rosenberg the father here, but I noticed that the USA Today article did not mention him. Strange.

Edited by spaceink

What other places aside from Fahrney's is carrying the pens?

It doesn't seem like the retailers are very keen on this. Could it be that many of them frequent this site and know that a substantial fan/customer base has been squandered?

Also, there was talk of Rosenberg the father here, but I noticed that the USA Today article did not mention him. Strange.

As far as I know they are the only ones. But according to the illustrious Mr. Rosenberg, they are all sold out, so...

Just looked at Fahrney's website (2/9, about 3:30 pm EST). The Deluxe pens (which are said to be an exclusive to Fahrney's) are apparently on sale (20% off). No mention of things being out of stock for them, or the J pens or the rollerballs.

Reviews of the J pens are decidedly mixed: one person said, enthusiastically, "Esterbrooks are back!"; but another person said they're cheap Chinese junk, so I'm not sure how that review ended up at 5 stars for an overall rating (especially given that the highest rating was 3 stars for "ease of use", and the other categories got poor ratings).

Only one review (but very positive) of the Deluxe models.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You better put a Copyright on that one fast!

Ditto, it's way funny!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Looking at their kickstarter campaign, they are still staggering along. Not much movement in recent days. 22 days to go, and ~8.700$ to their 10.000$ goal.

This whole thing might still get off the ground, especially because 10.000$ isn't that high for a goal on kickstarter, but personally I won't be betting on it.

Edited by mike.jane

To me the J pens like like something you would make in shop class. But Farmboy doesn't do modern.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Now I'm not saying the reviews aren't real, but I will say they look *rather* suspicious.

You know you want one.

To me the J pens like like something you would make in shop class. But Farmboy doesn't do modern.

Someday they won't be modern anymore... they'll be old.

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

And they will still be modern and look like they were made in Shop Class.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

It will be like how some cars look amazing and classic 50 years later, while others just make people hang their heads in shame, saying "Why did we think that was a good idea?"

"Oh deer."

It will be like fashion from the early 90s. Even in 20 years time you'll be hard pressed to find someone to say, "Yeah I bought this early 90's vintage jacket. It's like the one George Costanza wore in Seinfeld. Isn't it just the rage? I know, i know, my fashion sense, just impeccable."