Esterbrook Brand Being Revived This December?

KBeezie

Interesting...today they posted a "blueprint" of their new pen scheduled for March release - and includes a dollar pen schematic for comparison. No lever shown, of course - doubt they'd ever do a lever - but this one will be interesting to watch!

Hate to say it, but when the pen was identified as being taken from a fellow FPNr's image, the color was changed from green to grey, as if that was ok.

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• KBeezie

• OcalaFlGuy

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hate to say it, but when the pen was identified as being taken from a fellow FPNr's image, the color was changed from green to grey, as if that was ok.

...then I pointed out that was 'not ok;' then they denied altogether that it was my image; then my analysis showing solid detail that it was 100% certainly my image; concluded with an "it isn't your image, but we took it down anyway."

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Sheeze stealing images of Esterbrooks? The vintage (read real) Esterbrooks are still readily available through the usual channels. I'd think it would be pretty easy to just take your own picture that it would be to tell everyone they are a liar. I wonder if the CEO realizes digital pictures are relatively easy to compare...digitally.

Makes me wonder if he has the actual ads and scanned them or if they are simply pictures I posted on the network at some point in time.

I find it interesting that the Point Selection Chart is associated with 1879 in the 'History'... a few decades before the pens to put them in existed. There are other errors as well.

Is there a merit badge issued when you get your call?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

This is a clear-cut case where the FPN "nanny filter" is hampering my linguistic extemporizing.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

I had a nightmare last night in which I met this clown in person. I believe it ended with me chucking one of these overpriced kit pens across the room as hard as I could, where it hit the wall and shattered, and I ran away laughing.

When I first saw this thread my response was "give me a break." Now, ditto.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I bought my first Estie after seeing this thread. I was concerned that the brand being revived with cheap pens may increase the price of the vintage ones further...

I had a nightmare last night in which I met this clown in person. I believe it ended with me chucking one of these overpriced kit pens across the room as hard as I could, where it hit the wall and shattered, and I ran away laughing.

Thai dinner too close to bedtime?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl ;)

I was just having a look at the site for this blueprint (Oh, it's on Facebook... and that seems a disproportionate cap, somehow), and I see on the "Press" page of the site is an interview from pen world, at the bottom of which is a copyright notice suggesting that the contents belong to Harpen. I wonder how Pen World and the author feel about that, collectively....

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

...then I pointed out that was 'not ok;' then they denied altogether that it was my image; then my analysis showing solid detail that it was 100% certainly my image; concluded with an "it isn't your image, but we took it down anyway."

greg

lol gracious of them to do so.

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

But not gracious enough to take it down from their FB page.

Sheesh. These guys got caught with their pants down and still can't figure out how to pull them back up.

However, reading the Esterbrook name so many, many times this week has prompted me to put a Deluxe SM sporting a 9128 nib back into rotation as my lone flex pen. Now isn't that a positive outcome!

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Sheesh. These guys got caught with their pants down and still can't figure out how to pull them back up.

However, reading the Esterbrook name so many, many times this week has prompted me to put a Deluxe SM sporting a 9128 nib back into rotation as my lone flex pen. Now isn't that a positive outcome!

Finally some good to come out of this thread.

Finally some good to come out of this thread.

The image is inaccurate for color, but this is my Deluxe next to a Parker '51'. They sure don't make them like they used to.

8792780336_de9ccf9f3d_n.jpg

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

This is a clear-cut case where the FPN "nanny filter" is hampering my linguistic extemporizing.

If you give me an exemption from banishment I'll tell you what I really think of the whole affair.

Or we could stay up late in LA, drink Scotch, I'll tell you what I think of the whole affair and you can keep the exemption.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

See you in LA!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Or we could stay up late in LA, drink Scotch, I'll tell you what I think of the whole affair and you can keep the exemption.

See you in LA!

Ok, you two, unless there is inalterable bidness going down, I'm calling Thursday Night as "Single Malt Night". I'm bringing the first bottle and we'll figure where to meet. Feel free to PM me any of your favorite regions or accept my choice.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

If you give me an exemption from banishment I'll tell you what I really think of the whole affair.

See you in LA!

Ok, you two, unless there is inalterable bidness going down, I'm calling Thursday Night as "Single Malt Night". I'm bringing the first bottle and we'll figure where to meet. Feel free to PM me any of your favorite regions or accept my choice.

I'm going to ask the moderators to use the exemption to rename this thread 'Bottoms Up' which seems appropriate for more than one reason and I'm going to join the three of you for Scotch.

Farmboy

They have now (finally) taken my photo off their FB page. Sheesh, what a pain in the buttocks.

greg