Inky T O D - Holiday Cards - What Ink Will You Use This Year?

amberleadavis

Each year, I spend hours writing and sending holiday cards. I carefully choose my ink and fountain pen. I often have a little doodle that I must add as well.

Last year, I used Rouge Hemetite.

This year, it will be Red Cashmere from Susemai because it shades even more.

What aobut you, what ink will you be using?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• stonezebra

• Fabienne

• DaveBj

Out of all the inks I own, Diamine Oxblood and Sherwood Green from a pair of italics, with a bit of R&K Alt-Goldgrun from a brush for some mistletoe doodles.

Edited by Murky

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

Diamine Wild Strawberry and Kelly Green. And I'll throw in the occasionally Stormy Grey! :D

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

I was doing some cleaning at my mother's house and found some of my old ink from 12+ years ago that I used for holiday cards. It seems viable, so this year I will be using Levenger Gemstone Green and Cardinal Red.

Chris

Carpe Stylum!

MB Royal Blue would go well with the cards planned; however it looks like so would Stormy Grey. I am on the call list for when the latter arrives locally and if I do get it, I would likely use it with a glass or dip pen. Will those here using Stormy Grey be using it in a fountain pen? From what I've been reading about potential clogging, the votes are not yet all in on the matter.

Typo corrected.

Edited by Joane

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

I'll be using Noodler's green & MB Irish Green, and Quink Red & Levenger's Cardinal Red. Started on them yesterday--I write a scripture, a note, signatures, addresses, but no doodles or artwork. Pens this year are Soennecken 501, Namiki Pilot resin SF, TWSBI 1.1 540, Lamy 2K OBB, and Parker Sonnet stub.

Much Love--Virginia

I think Rouge Hematite is the perfect ink for this. I was writing a note last night and thought of this situation.

I'll keep on struggling, 'cause that's the measure of a man.

I'm thinking either Green Diamond or Green Cashmere, depending on which one I like best, probably on my Online Calligraphy with the 1.5 nib.

Edit: Oops -- forgot that my Green Cashmere is actually Magic Cashmere. Just the Green Diamond.

Edited by DaveBj

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

Tamon Purple Gray for the Halloween cards :lol:

You are going Gothe this year?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Red and Green

red = Sheaffer Skrip Red (nicest red that I've found so far)

green = Diamine Ultra Green, Pelikan Green or Noodlers Gruen Cactus

Pen nibs will be F or 1.1 depending on what I am writing.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Either Diamine Classic Red or Susemai Red Cashmere.

Susemai Green Cashmere or Diamine Sherwood Green are also options.

Heck, maybe all four!

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I think Rouge Hematite is the perfect ink for this. I was writing a note last night and thought of this situation.

Me too. I have a nice bottle thereof and I love using it.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

"If" I do cards, probably whatever blue/black ink is loaded in whatever pen I have handy. Not really big on the holiday B.S., and I don't really have many people to send stuff to even if I was bigger on the holiday B.S.. Perhaps yellow ink would be appropriate as the X-mas season has its origins in a celebration of the days getting longer.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan