The 3 Most Intense Blue Inks (Other Than Bay State Blue)

Fabienne

My everyday blue is...

PR Electric DC Blue.

BSB keeps scaring me away, but I'm close to giving it a try.

Come to the bright side.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• jmccarty3

• Algester

I enjoy Pilot Iroshizuku Asa-Gao, Kon-Peki and Parker Penman Sapphire. Diamine Majestic Blue is a very powerful colour, but the other properties of the ink (drying time, and particularly its tendency to smear even when ostensibly dry and to come off the page onto ones' hands) put me off it despite the colour - my bottle has lain untouched for a couple of years.

I enjoy Pilot Iroshizuku Asa-Gao, Kon-Peki and Parker Penman Sapphire. Diamine Majestic Blue is a very powerful colour, but the other properties of the ink (drying time, and particularly its tendency to smear even when ostensibly dry and to come off the page onto ones' hands) put me off it despite the colour - my bottle has lain untouched for a couple of years.

I was hoping that you'd have a marvelous new ink for me to try, and Majestic Blue was going to be it. But sadly, your description does not inspire me to run out and buy a bottle. Can it be saved by running the ink through a filter? Just wondering...

I must admit I really like Diamine Majestic Blue. Not as much as Parker Penman Sapphire, but close.

Many inks behave this way when they are left too long in a pen and too much of the water evaporates. If you see that, it's time to flush and refill. Cap your ink bottles tightly. If an ink is consistently too concentrated, addition of a little distilled water may help.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Anybody ever mix PR Electric DC Blue & Waterman South Seas blue?

Check out the recipes forum, someone probably has.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

My favourites are Private Reserve Electric DC Blue (good flow and that red tinge! phew..) , Visconti Blue and er.. Lamy Blue!