The 3 Most Intense Blue Inks (Other Than Bay State Blue)

Fabienne

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• jmccarty3

• Algester

Noodler's Navajo Turquoise is very full and vibrant

Visconti Homo Sapiens; Lamy 2000; Unicomp Endurapro keyboard.

Free your mind -- go write

I think both Iroshizuku and Noodler's make some of the most beautiful blues. I see that Upper Ganges is similar though not identical to my all-time favorite Kon-Peki. I love a bright, mid-blue that tends just slightly to the green but not too far on the green side.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going through a phase with scented inks right now, and I ordered three made by de Atramentis. The "Myrre" ink has a very subtle hint of scent (I must say that I'm a bit disappointed), but the color is astounding. Totally unexpected Intense cyan blue.

fpn_1417205700__2014-11-28_150245.jpg

Amberleadavis,

Thanks once again for your outstanding contributions or should I say contribluetions?

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Hmm...good question. Of those I've tried, my three picks would be Private Reserve Electric DC Blue, Iroshizuku Asa-Gao (or maybe Kon-Peki) and Noodler's Liberty Elysium. Though it's been a long time since I tried BSB, so I might be way off base.

Asa-Gao is not intense. Not at all. It's a really blue ink, but not what we understand by intense.

I am comparing samples of DeAtramentis Hyacinth, which I mentioned earlier in this thread, and DeAtramentis Sapphire Blue. Someone had mentioned that they were the same color. Will let you know how it turns out.

Edited by jmccarty3

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Amberleadavis,

Thanks once again for your outstanding contributions or should I say contribluetions?

:)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I like a very dark navy blue. So far I've picked up PR DC Supershow Blue and Asa Gao. I haven't been completely happy with either. The color of the PR is fantastic, but it is far too wet of an ink for me. I have to go back thru my planner at work and if I happen to put my fingers on some of the older ink, or worse, carry my planner to a meeting and happen to have my fingers on some of the blue ink, it's all over my fingers.

The Asa Gao is better, but not dark enough. I need to find something the color of the PR, but a drier ink that doesn't smear so badly after it's dried.

I enjoy MB 146 pens, Sailor, Pilot and Platinum pens as well. I have a strong attraction to dark red and muted green ink, colors I dislike for everything but FP ink. I also enjoy practicing my handwriting and attempting to improve it. I love the feel of quality paper under a gold nib.

Here are the blue inks I have on the desk. I tried to organize them by shade, but sometimes you think an ink fits one place, but it doesn't really. Oh well.

fpn_1417348047__blue_inks-1.jpeg

fpn_1417348070__blue_inks-2.jpeg

I love these. Thank you Halloween! I admit, I've looked at this on two monitors to see if the color differs. I think your scanner calibration is off because the top colors looked purple. Of course, I loved them!

I love these. Thank you Halloween! I admit, I've looked at this on two monitors to see if the color differs. I think your scanner calibration is off because the top colors looked purple. Of course, I loved them!

I know what you mean. I may need to tweak my scans from now on in photoshop to make sure the color is right. Need pages of reds, browns, or violets? :)

I know what you mean. I may need to tweak my scans from now on in photoshop to make sure the color is right. Need pages of reds, browns, or violets? :)

Yes! Shall we Inky TOD them?

My two favourite intense blues right now are: Akkerman Shocking Blue and Parker Penman Sapphire.

Edited by TTJ

• 1 month later...

My everyday blue is...

PR Electric DC Blue.

BSB keeps scaring me away, but I'm close to giving it a try.

My everyday blue is...

PR Electric DC Blue.

BSB keeps scaring me away, but I'm close to giving it a try.

I use both. I like PR Electric DC Blue a lot better, especially slightly diluted.

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.