The 3 Most Intense Blue Inks (Other Than Bay State Blue)

Fabienne

What do you think are the 3 most intense blues other than Bay State Blue? This in the face of different pens, papers, atmospheric pressures, wind speed, sun spots, etc.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• jmccarty3

• Algester

Hmm...good question. Of those I've tried, my three picks would be Private Reserve Electric DC Blue, Iroshizuku Asa-Gao (or maybe Kon-Peki) and Noodler's Liberty Elysium. Though it's been a long time since I tried BSB, so I might be way off base.

Of the sapphire inks out there, I find Edelstein to be more substantial than Diamine or J. Herbin, although all three are very nice inks. I use all of them quite a bit.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Parker Penman Sapphire is the most interesting of blues hands down... Of course, like BSB it had a reputation for problems, namely clogging where BSB is staining.

Of the Moderns there are a few like Omas, Visconti Blue, Diamine Majestic, Iro TY and Private Reserves Blues. I really like Omas Roma and successors as well as Iro Asa Ago. Visconti is very nice too.

But no way around Parker Penman is the king....

Parker Penman Sapphire is the most interesting of blues hands down... Of course, like BSB it had a reputation for problems, namely clogging where BSB is staining.

Of the Moderns there are a few like Omas, Visconti Blue, Diamine Majestic, Iro TY and Private Reserves Blues. I really like Omas Roma and successors as well as Iro Asa Ago. Visconti is very nice too.

But no way around Parker Penman is the king....

Using the Parker P. Sapphir for the last six months in my beloved Lamy2Km, and no problem so far, the bottle being almost empty. From what I've read (incl. here), the clogging problem concerned the black and brown colors. This is quite an ink, by the way, both the color and the behavior on paper are just perfect!

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

I'm not seeing a plain De Atramentis "Blue." The closest ink of theirs that I can find to Hyacinth is Sapphire Blue, but the swabs don't look quite the same on the Goulet site.

Of course, with the Hyacinth you can write invitations to candlelight suppers or riparian entertainments, and you can use your Royal Doulton with the hand painted periwinkles.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Diamine Majestic Blue and Noodler's Liberty Elysium.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

I just happened to do an ink comparison of the inks I had in my desk, and here are the results. Next to Bay State Blue, I'd add PR's Cosmic Cobalt.

fpn_1413725751__inks-blues.jpg

Wow, thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Van Gogh Cobalt?!

http://i.imgur.com/Frg4NQt.jpg

I really like this! What am I looking at?

Sorry if a double post appears, I thought I submitted this earlier but I do not see the post.