Pen Shops near St Louis, MO, USA

Christine

Since ya'll tempted me with so many suggestions last time, I thought I'd ask the officials this one. I can't find a pen shop in the area to try out and buy pens.

I live in St Louis, MO, USA

The ones I have located are Mont Blanc and Office Depot blink.gif

TIA

Christine

(BTW I'm still debating on the pen(s). Hubby wants me to try before I buy, and increased my allowance (Hey! Wait a minute, I make more than he does...why do I have an allowance...). huh.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lallin

• Christine

• Philip1209

• DWL

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help with a store in St. Louis but, if you ever make it down to Jefferson City drop me a line. I'll give you the nickel tour of The Pen Den, I'll break out the pen trays & inks and let you sample your heart out.

BTW, Thats an open invite for everyone on FPN. If you ever make it to my neck of the woods, drop by if you can.

Dennis

QUOTE (Christine @ Mar 15 2007, 04:33 PM)
I can't find a pen shop in the area to try out and buy pens.
I live in St Louis, MO, USA
The ones I have located are Mont Blanc and Office Depot blink.gif

I also live in the St. Louis area and, to the best of my knowledge, you have found the only pen sellers, save one. Crane Stationary also sells pens, though I don't know if they will let you test them - they are in the same mall as the MontBlanc store.

There are a couple of antique "malls" that have pen stalls, but I don't think the sellers are on premise, leaving sales to "mall" attendants.

You might wish to join us for future meetings of St. Louis Area Pen Users (SLAPU); 8-10 people with a range of interests attend. Polling meeting attendees may turn up other venues, though thus far I have only heard laments of long-gone favorites.

We meet at the Oak Bend Branch of St.Louis COunty Library (near I-44 and Big Bend). The schedule for the remaining 2007 meetings is:

May 19, 2007 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm

August 18, 2007 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm

November 17, 2007 9:00 am to 12:00 noon

Edited by lallin

DWL Thank you for the invite! JC's not that far away! Hmmm ph34r.gif

lallin Holy Moly! A club of our own...that's great! I'm not sure how DH will respond when I tell him I'm going to SLAPU lticaptd.gif

• 2 years later...
I can't help with a store in St. Louis but, if you ever make it down to Jefferson City drop me a line. I'll give you the nickel tour of The Pen Den, I'll break out the pen trays & inks and let you sample your heart out.

BTW, Thats an open invite for everyone on FPN. If you ever make it to my neck of the woods, drop by if you can.

Dennis

Are you still in the Jefferson City area?

It's a shame that there aren't any good pen stores in St. Louis. I am moving there in three weeks to begin college at Washington University in St. Louis.

It's a shame that there aren't any good pen stores in St. Louis. I am moving there in three weeks to begin college at Washington University in St. Louis.

In addition to the ones mentioned earlier in the thread, there is Sterling Pen in Webster Groves, a suburb of St. Louis. Sterling Pen is a small shop located in the back of an old theater and is a retail shop for a company that primarily is a distributor. I do not believe you will be able to try the pens before buying - our pen club might help with that, depending on what you want to try.

If you are a real "pen head", you may wish to join SLAPU (St. Louis Area Pen Users) and meet with like minded folks 4 times per year. Among our membership you'll find collectors as well as every-day users; we have a distributor for several pen brands as well as for Private Reserve ink and members buy/sell/trade pens.

Our next meeting is Aug. 15, 1-4pm at the Oak Bend Branch of St. Louis County Library. To find out more about us, visit our website and signup for the mailing list and full access to the site. No dues, though we do sometimes ask for a $1 donation to help defray the cost of the meeting room.

In addition to the ones mentioned earlier in the thread, there is Sterling Pen in Webster Groves, a suburb of St. Louis. Sterling Pen is a small shop located in the back of an old theater and is a retail shop for a company that primarily is a distributor. I do not believe you will be able to try the pens before buying - our pen club might help with that, depending on what you want to try.

If you are a real "pen head", you may wish to join SLAPU (St. Louis Area Pen Users) and meet with like minded folks 4 times per year. Among our membership you'll find collectors as well as every-day users; we have a distributor for several pen brands as well as for Private Reserve ink and members buy/sell/trade pens.

Our next meeting is Aug. 15, 1-4pm at the Oak Bend Branch of St. Louis County Library. To find out more about us, visit our website and signup for the mailing list and full access to the site. No dues, though we do sometimes ask for a $1 donation to help defray the cost of the meeting room.

I'd like to join, but unfortunately I can't make the August 15 meeting- I arrive in town three days after that. I will sign up for the mailing list, though, and will try to attend some meetings.