Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Is easily obtainable if you live in Tokyo. I don't believe the store does any kind of shipping. So I am not sure if it is easy even if you live in Japan (but far from Tokyo).

Still ... the price for an ink that is still current and in stock?? CRAZY!!! :wacko:

On the other hand.. now I know how to pay college for my teenage girls. :lol:

Yes, it's easily obtainable if you live in Tokyo. Not so much if you live elsewhere. The store does not answer email queries and does not have a published email ID. Store does not ship too.

It's a very nice store. Better than Maruzen.

As for the auction, it's sickening. Here are my bottles:

post-127041-0-49937900-1455655421.jpeg

Edited by Mew

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well @ least the person who buys the Sailor ink will be getting a "newly made bottle of ink" that has been described by several posts here as "a beautiful, or their favorite blue ink" when they spend their perhaps $200.00. The Montblanc ink was made in 2007 & I would guess it's scent could be "less strong" after 9 years while it is creeping toward $300.00.

I haven't had any inks from Sailor since this foolishness began & yet have managed to acquire perhaps 30 additional inks that have held my interest. I hope the winning bidders for these inks are happy with their purchases.

The auctions are upsetting.

It's making it near impossible for newcomer's to enjoy such inks and making it difficult for long-time ink enthusiasts to pursue shop exclusives further. Not only that, it's pushing Japanese pen shops to extreme measures, from raising prices to refusing to update online inventory. And as Mew mentioned, some stores are now refusing to answer foreign emails.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

The bubble will burst eventually, as it does with any rampant speculation. A few months for things to settle after and we'll be able to buy ink to use again without fighting hoarders who buy to store. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to imagine why someone would pay upwards of a hundred for a bottle of ink, whether it's Sailor or Montblanc. But then, I can't even bring myself to pay $50 (in our woeful local currency) for ink from Atsu etc that will just end up sitting in my drawer because I'm too lazy to switch from my established lineup. :P

I wish I'd known about Shosaikan the last time I was in Tokyo, but I wasn't so interested in fountain pens then, particularly not expensive ones. :( I only went to Kingdom Note (was going to buy a camera) and Maruzen (was buying books). But next time it's definitely going onto the list for next time.

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

Yes, it's easily obtainable if you live in Tokyo. Not so much if you live elsewhere. The store does not answer email queries and does not have a published email ID. Store does not ship too.

It's a very nice store. Better than Maruzen.

As for the auction, it's sickening. Here are my bottles:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I saw many sailor boxes and make me so jealous.

Sometime in the last day or so, Vanness has made some BB inks available at their usual price of $40, which I think qualifies for free shipping. These days, that's a steal. Tears of a Clown is included.

Not long till I leave for distant lands again, leaving most (but not all) of my Sailor inks at home.

Remember you lot - no raiding my inks whilst I'm away. They will be robustly guarded by Fluffy, Cerberus and Argus Panoptes.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Not long till I leave for distant lands again, leaving most (but not all) of my Sailor inks at home.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Remember you lot - no raiding my inks whilst I'm away. They will be robustly guarded by Fluffy, Cerberus and Argus Panoptes.

Otherwise you can send them to me and I will take really good care of them for you.... ;) ;)

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

image.jpg

Wow, that's almost as big as my collection. :o

Or maybe a little bigger. Nice. :)

Where are you going? Sounds like a long trip.

Wow, that's almost as big as my collection. :o

Or maybe a little bigger. Nice. :)

Where are you going? Sounds like a long trip.

I have more too ......... :-D

Off to Australia. I split my year between UK and Down Under :-)

Otherwise you can send them to me and I will take really good care of them for you.... ;) ;)

Or send them to me! I'm sure Migo's Sailor inks will enjoy the company of my inks.

or me! :X

You are all so kind. I know you have my best interests at heart - hehehe.

I couldn't put you through the burden of looking after them though......... ;-)

You are all so kind. I know you have my best interests at heart - hehehe.

I couldn't put you through the burden of looking after them though......... ;-)

Of course not... you can't burden them... but you know it will not be a burden to me. My dear friend... ;)

I wish I was going to Australia this year... there were talks, but nothing got decided (yet!)... Still crossing my fingers I get to meet you (again) in the land Down Under... :lol:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Of course not... you can't burden them... but you know it will not be a burden to me. My dear friend... ;)

I wish I was going to Australia this year... there were talks, but nothing got decided (yet!)... Still crossing my fingers I get to meet you (again) in the land Down Under... :lol:

C.

That would be so lovely :-) But next time we must order smaller portions of fish & chips!! LOL :-D

I have more too ......... :-D

Off to Australia. I split my year between UK and Down Under :-)

Let me count mine.

19+18+1+2+7+5+6+11=69

Not including one in transit or pre-order. I think you have more. :)

Enjoy your stay in Australia. :)

I split my year 1/4 in Japan and 3/4 in other countries.

Let me count mine.

19+18+1+2+7+5+6+11=69

Not including one in transit or pre-order. I think you have more. :)

Enjoy your stay in Australia. :)

I split my year 1/4 in Japan and 3/4 in other countries.

Very nice :-) I have a similar number of Sailor-made inks, not counting the Kobe inks. I'm not buying many more now, unless something very special appears. Saying that, I managed to pick up another bottle of KN Tanna Japonensis yesterday; it's one of my favourite inks. I have no will-power LOL

I have a visit to Japan planned sometime soon. I'll have to time it so it's when you're there and you can be my guide ;-)

It's fun being nomadic isn't it?

There are still lots of bottles left in Bungbox Valentines drop. Haven't even reached the first tier yet.

http://dro.ps/b/f0FtkSC

WOW... what a flame war... the discussion is getting heated and going nowhere... :P

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,