Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

I do not know the curent situation with the bottle issue, but back when the company folded, Sailor was having difficulty finding another company that could produce the same bottle for the same price at the same quauntity and quality IN JAPAN. The fact that some of the jewel bottles are showing up may be due residual supplies of bottles found here and there, some of which may have already been earmarked for various stores. At least that may have been true or partcially true earlier on.

In any event, it does seem that the bottle supply problem has not been completely solved.

Just my two yen.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

The event probably ended yesterday. I got a mail from Mr. Nagai regarding the inks I had wanted and asked me to place an order. I placed an order for almost 20 bottles.

He said that he urgently wanted my reply, like within 2 hours since he wouldn't have accepted after that.

I hope others also managed to get as many bottles as they wanted. I got my favorite Nishikisan Black Purple and Oosu Red, 3 bottles each.

Best Regards

Mew

Another thing I forgot to mention, Nakagawa Canal Brown and White Walls grey/shirakabe grey is not a part of the May stock. All the orders placed now will be received in May.

Lovelytofu358: thank you for the link. Mr. Nagai never gave me that. I have committed grave stupidity in ordering 20 bottles. The octagonal bottles have now been discontinued and instead replaced by hideous flat top bottles. I have no use for them.

Edited to add: the event is now over, it's already 7:52 PM Japan time.

Edited by Mew

I was somewhat sad to hear about that ink event from SankoDo. I would really love another bottle of Ozone blue. I've got a few backups of the purple, at least one of the amazing red, but I desperately wanted one of Ozone Blue. <sigh>

So does Pen and Message ship outside Japan? The web site says "out of stock" for all the inks. So presumably you send an email to reserve an ink?

I'm not one who buys multiple bottles of one ink, but it would be nice to have some of their inks.

So does Pen and Message ship outside Japan? The web site says "out of stock" for all the inks. So presumably you send an email to reserve an ink?

I'm not one who buys multiple bottles of one ink, but it would be nice to have some of their inks.

Email Fumihiro Yoshimune at penandmessage{at}goo{dot}jp for inventory, but I believe they are out at the moment. I understand from Mew (in a previous post) that Pen & Message will no longer accept reservations (for now?). Perhaps they'll quietly update inventory on their website unannounced?

They do not mail outside Japan, but if you have friends, relatives living in Japan or use a forwarding service (White Rabbit Package Forwarding is pretty good) you can buy from them directly--they speak English. :thumbup:

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Sailor pen & message inks.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice! I got my bottle of Cigar and Quadrifoglio last Friday and the former is VERY nice. I knew I'd like Cigar (I enjoy muddy browns, greens and yellow/golds colors), but I didn't think I'd enjoy it this much!

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Thanks for the info. No Japanese relatives. I've used WRE in the past, so I'll check. But I suspect it'll be a while before they get more again.

Another thing I forgot to mention, Nakagawa Canal Brown and White Walls grey/shirakabe grey is not a part of the May stock. All the orders placed now will be received in May.

Lovelytofu358: thank you for the link. Mr. Nagai never gave me that. I have committed grave stupidity in ordering 20 bottles. The octagonal bottles have now been discontinued and instead replaced by hideous flat top bottles. I have no use for them.

Edited to add: the event is now over, it's already 7:52 PM Japan time.

:thumbup: I first found this news on their Facebook page.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/pensforfun/ultraman.jpg

http://www.sailor.co.jp/pdf/release/beware-of-%20imitations_20160203.pdf

and... yeah...

Mitsukoshi pen fair huh... K so yeah next month is Maruzen... then next is somewhere in Osaka then Kobe IIRC

if pre-orders are to be had it's through Mitsukoshi not Sailor IIRC

Sailor PDF is about Ink atelier inks if not inks in general... most likely what I have done may have opened pandora's box... I won't say much about fake Sailor inks at this point but eh... probably China

Edited by Algester

When will this madness end.. So that we also can lay hands...

I am always the last one to know about the inks..

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

When will this madness end.. So that we also can lay hands...

I am always the last one to know about the inks..

not much from this point on it all has to be new info not old info... I just can't put a consistent tab on Cigar and no one in my community is out there to help me... everyone in my country orders from America thats what... so most of our courier services are based on America... so yeah I can just imagine having to put down 50 USD for 1 ink... <_< >_> sadly I dont have the credit budget... lament as I may I think I'll just give up and let China have it's unatural craving for these inks which I know can not be satisfied

I was somewhat sad to hear about that ink event from SankoDo. I would really love another bottle of Ozone blue. I've got a few backups of the purple, at least one of the amazing red, but I desperately wanted one of Ozone Blue. <sigh>

Ozone blue is nice. It's #3 on my blue list.

After Seiran and Hakodate twilight blue. :)

And Oosu red reminds me of my beloved Irori, which I have now finished.

Edited by Mew

No, pen & message does not ship outside Japan.

Since I joined FPN and saw the demand for these inks, I asked the sellers why they don't want to ship outside. They said that they don't want to, plus the ink supply gets exhausted locally, so no need to sell outside.

I reserved the 8 inks I posted a picture of. The reservation system is now discontinued.

Email Fumihiro Yoshimune at penandmessage{at}goo{dot}jp for inventory, but I believe they are out at the moment. I understand from Mew (in a previous post) that Pen & Message will no longer accept reservations (for now?). Perhaps they'll quietly update inventory on their website unannounced?

They do not mail outside Japan, but if you have friends, relatives living in Japan or use a forwarding service (White Rabbit Package Forwarding is pretty good) you can buy from them directly--they speak English. :thumbup:

Yes, they will do that. That would put off the "speculator" because they will not be prepared to order inks.

I will suggest him to change the product page settings so that not more than 1 bottle of any type of ink can be added.

Nice! I got my bottle of Cigar and Quadrifoglio last Friday and the former is VERY nice. I knew I'd like Cigar (I enjoy muddy browns, greens and yellow/golds colors), but I didn't think I'd enjoy it this much!

yea, cigar is my main use ink right now. And hopefully will stay so for a while, or unless I can finish the whole bottle since I have a new one from this order. :)

I have not used Quadrifoglio yet, but will try to do soon.

Sorry, you asked for a writing sample of old burgundy, but I haven't used that as well. Will do once it comes into the current usage inks.