Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Doesn't matter much--most of them are sold out right now.

thats more or less 26 batches of 2 ink bottles at a time lol but I say to take it easy unless you really want to collect the 54 inks of Nagasawa you know... I only like some but not all so I'm not going to justify the purchase of the entire line

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats more or less 26 batches of 2 ink bottles at a time lol but I say to take it easy unless you really want to collect the 54 inks of Nagasawa you know... I only like some but not all so I'm not going to justify the purchase of the entire line

Just think, last year at this time you could buy the entire 50 ink set from Atsu at a pretty good discount.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Maruzen Pen fair Owl?!

Same rule applies each man and woman is to his own bottle

Hey Algester, thank you very much for all of the diligent, persistent work you've put into this thread. Do you mind sharing where you found info on this one -- do you know if it's an exclusive ink for the 2016 Maruzen pen fair? I recently made plans to be in Tokyo around that time (coincidentally).

Hey Algester, thank you very much for all of the diligent, persistent work you've put into this thread. Do you mind sharing where you found info on this one -- do you know if it's an exclusive ink for the 2016 Maruzen pen fair? I recently made plans to be in Tokyo around that time (coincidentally).

yes its exclusive for the pen fair in Maruzen Nihonbashi as well as other goodies found in the Japan thread for the maruzen 845 source was and is Shuumi no Bungu Hako because Maruzen doesnt like to poststuff about the event in the Junkudo and Maruzen events website

Here it is in a pen mag.attachicon.gifimage.png

丸善ink looks so amazing.

Just can't imagine those old bottles style sailor ink will eventually become round circle bottle.

Well, I just read this War and Peace of threads, and it is fascinating. I've been a fountain pen user for half a century but I'm new here (thanks for letting me in), and I'm fascinated with the limited edition ink phenomenon, which is the one thing that I think is truly different from some years ago. The number of inks you can get now must be expanded by a factor of thousands since my college days. The enthusiasm you all express for Sailor inks has sparked my interest in the beauty and performance, but also the "quest" aspect. (A funny footnote to that is that some people are lamenting the popularity of the Sailor LE's, and moving on to whatever the next "desirable but not known to all the proles" thing may be.) Whether intentionally or not, Sailor has achieved a marketer's dream of perceived scarcity that rivals the days of Beanie Babies. I have already used the more easily attainable Shigure and Yama-dori, and found them both extremely attractive and nice in the pen. Only days ago I though Iroshizuku represented an expensive ink, but now I just paid $40 for a bottle of First Love Sapphire. I'll admit part of my reaction was that if I tracked down a bottle of the darn stuff, I had to buy it, but I'm interested to see if it is as magical as some think, or if the price of the hype is more than it should be. In a few days, I will find out. For now, as others put it, I probably have enough ink for the rest of my life, so unless the tall bottle becomes available again, I'm going to try to hold off for a while. I'll conclude by saying how much I appreciate the knowledge and aesthetic perception the people in this group have.

This was such a joy to read! Thanks, Pensei.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I was in Kingdom Note today (kindof a random "oh that's where they are!" moment in Shinjuku)... not a single bottle of their own ink. Not. One. :gaah:

Too many pens; too little writing.

I was in Kingdom Note today (kindof a random "oh that's where they are!" moment in Shinjuku)... not a single bottle of their own ink. Not. One. :gaah:

NO WAY !

I'd be completely gutted if that happened to me. I hope you manged to cheer yourself up with something though . . . :)

I've been to Itoya and Maruzen as well as KN. Only managed to pick up a single bottle of Athena Sepia (their last one). Slightly gutted.

Maruzen and KN's selection of pens was pretty disappointing as well.

Was there any word on when KN will have more inks in store? I presume only the crustacean line will be available eventually, the insects, birds, and shrooms line being discontinued?

Just last week KN got a very small shipment of inks in. 40 bottles each of Pheasant and Sakuratake. Back when the shortage was just beginng to become known, KN's manager said that they were then still planning on restocking these inks, so I do not think thet they are discontinuing them.

For their new line, there are planning/hoping to get them in shortly after the new year begins.

As I gather from KN and BB, the back up is so great that no one knows when they will get their orders partially filled nor how many of which inks they will get in these partially filled orders.

I've been to Itoya and Maruzen as well as KN. Only managed to pick up a single bottle of Athena Sepia (their last one). Slightly gutted.

Maruzen and KN's selection of pens was pretty disappointing as well.

If it makes you feel any better, i went through Maruzen stock of inks (Renga, eternal blue and Sepia) a month or so ago.

If it makes you feel any better, i went through Maruzen stock of inks (Renga, eternal blue and Sepia) a month or so ago.

Did you join just to rub it in? :lticaptd: Just joking. Welcome...

For their new line, there are planning/hoping to get them in shortly after the new year begins.

Thanks for the info :-) By "new line" do you mean the Crustaceans set of inks?

Verba volant, scripta manent

Was there any word on when KN will have more inks in store? I presume only the crustacean line will be available eventually, the insects, birds, and shrooms line being discontinued?

No idea on all counts. The conversation didn't progress much past the intense disappointment.

No idea on all counts. The conversation didn't progress much past the intense disappointment.

I feel your pain! :-(

If I ever made it to Japan, and ended up in the same situation, I'd be completely devastated.

Verba volant, scripta manent