Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just refused an offer to buy joyful-2 Honda Purple Heart since they are coming in Round bottles and not the diamond shaped ones.

Considering this, Nagasawa never appealed to me because of their bottles, so no problems. :)

Also, everyone at home likes the diamond shaped bottles, so they say nothing when a new parcel comes along with these inks. They actually like seeing all these bottles on my table. No decoration needed. :)

Not sure what they would say about round bottles.

Ink bottles don't mean nearly as much to me as its contents, but I do understand the aesthetic appeal of the diamond shape. While Sailor jars can be a nuisance for larger fountain pens, it doesn't bother me, as most of my pens are syringe filled, but those jars are charming and lends itself to a more modern elegance (if one's into displaying bottles).

Alas, it's all the same to me, for I keep most of my inks in boxes and display as such. It has it's own allure. :P

One of the few bottles I have out, unboxed, was maimed this weekend by a falling framed picture. Luckily, only the cap and neck shattered and the ink was pretty low, so nothing splashed--thankfully the surrounding bottles were boxed. Though many boxes fell, none of the goods were harmed. Thank God, I nearly =bleeped= myself.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

平山萬年堂

Hirayama Mannendou in Aomori Prefecture

https://twitter.com/ansur_ruschka/status/668711830378778624

珈琲ブラウン (Coffee Brown)

津軽黒房スグリ (Tsugaru Black Currant)

青森エバーグリーン (Aomori Ever Green)

弘前ピンク (Hirosaki Pink)

4 Colors first came out in March but still seems to be available

bad thing is the shop has no online presence... that said someone has to go to Aomori Precture (nothern Honshu nearing Hokkaido)

Nice! Looks like that last actually says Hirosaki Pink Grey. Interesting!

They look very nice. I got two Tsutaya inks a couple of months ago, called Leaf & Root. I think they're probably different shades of brown and green and they came in the vase-shape bottles.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

They look very nice. I got two Tustaya inks a couple of months ago, called Leaf & Root. I think they're probably different shades of brown and green and they came in the vase-shape bottles.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Those are beautiful and the colors we used in the logo for our family business.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Those are beautiful and the colors we used in the logo for our family business.

I happened to have a pen filled with Noodler's TEXAS LIVE OAK & another with Maruzen ATHENA SEPIA & after writing a bit I was surprised to find I had 2 existing inks that could certainly "pass for these" for MY use. I am sure you have both so I thought you might comment if they are similar or if I am hopelessly avoiding the Sailor "quest for GOT TO HAVE or my life will be OVER!"

They are lovely colors & I am sure the Sailor inks's are faultless performers but I believe I can "make do!"

That store seem to have a green ink made by R&K too.

Yes they do. It's a numbered edition, packed in a beautifully designed white box, with embossed ivy leaves. The colour is quite a bright shade of green.

Yes they do. It's a numbered edition, packed in a beautifully designed white box, with embossed ivy leaves. The colour is quite a bright shade of green.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Colour-wise it doesn't look very attractive. Seems like a colour one can achieve by mixing some regular R&Ks...

Colour-wise it doesn't look very attractive. Seems like a colour one can achieve by mixing some regular R&Ks...

Well *most* inks can be matched fairly closely either by mixing or by doppelgängers, if we're honest.

It certainly isn't a stand-out ink in my opinion, but it is a beautiful glowing shade of green, with a yellow-gold undertone. Green is my favourite colour so I like this ink a lot :-)

And I'm always a sucker for a beautiful design, or artwork on a box or label - much more so than the ink bottle. (At the risk of causing a furore, I have to say that IMHO beautiful artwork does not include Noodler's labels).

Well *most* inks can be matched fairly closely either by mixing or by doppelgängers, if we're honest.

It certainly isn't a stand-out ink in my opinion, but it is a beautiful glowing shade of green, with a yellow-gold undertone. Green is my favourite colour so I like this ink a lot :-)

And I'm always a sucker for a beautiful design, or artwork on a box or label - much more so than the ink bottle. (At the risk of causing a furore, I have to say that IMHO beautiful artwork does not include Noodler's labels).

Haha I agree with you. That box is very beautifully designed.

Sorry to hop in here; I was attempting to get a couple of the Kingdom Note inks in the old diamond/octagonal bottles before they switched. I managed to get just one, their last bottle of the black Dorcus ink, but I had really hoped to be able to pick up 4-5 more. While I personally enjoy using the inks, I was more hoping to get them for the bottles, as a friend had an idea for using them in an art project. Would anyone know if there's anywhere I might be able to find any more of those ink bottles? I know they're low stock to sold out pretty much everywhere, so I'd take whatever ink color I could get, as I'm sure I'd end up using it eventually, and it's more to get her the bottles. Any recommendations appreciated, thanks!

-Arctic Wolf

Tsutaya Urawa Ward in Saitama City, Saitama Prefecture

常勝の真紅 (Jyoushou no Shinku) The Invincible Crimson?

街路樹の新緑 (Gairoju no Shinryoku) The Fresh Verdure of Roadside Trees

彩湖の深青 (Saiko? no Fukao) Color of the deep blue lake

http://real.tsite.jp/urawa/event-news/2015/11/orijinal-ink.html

PS: these inks are limited to a grand total of 150 bottles 50 each color... I would say Limited Edition one ya

Edited by Algester

Tsutaya Urawa Ward in Saitama City, Saitama Prefecture

常勝の真紅 (Jyoushou no Shinku) The Invincible Crimson?

街路樹の新緑 (Gairoju no Shinryoku) The Fresh Verdure of Roadside Trees

彩湖の深青 (Saiko? no Fukao) Color of the deep blue lake

http://real.tsite.jp/urawa/event-news/2015/11/orijinal-ink.html

PS: these inks are limited to a grand total of 150 bottles 50 each color... I would say Limited Edition one ya

As I wrote before....

No chance of getting any of those.... :( Only 50 bottles of each...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Ink bottles don't mean nearly as much to me as its contents, but I do understand the aesthetic appeal of the diamond shape. While Sailor jars can be a nuisance for larger fountain pens, it doesn't bother me, as most of my pens are syringe filled, but those jars are charming and lends itself to a more modern elegance (if one's into displaying bottles).

Alas, it's all the same to me, for I keep most of my inks in boxes and display as such. It has it's own allure. :P

One of the few bottles I have out, unboxed, was maimed this weekend by a falling framed picture. Luckily, only the cap and neck shattered and the ink was pretty low, so nothing splashed--thankfully the surrounding bottles were boxed. Though many boxes fell, none of the goods were harmed. Thank God, I nearly =bleeped= myself.

I'm receiving quite some flak for putting usable bottles on high priority and giving a little less regard to their contents. :P

Not that i have any problem with it. :)

Bottles are not kept on the desk without the boxes all the time, more like 20 hours a week when i am refilling pens. I don't use syringes to fill so bottle shape is of some importance to me. I'll give little regard to bottle shape once i get an ED pen (soon..). But mostly, the inks are in the boxes.

Sorry to hear about your broken bottle. which ink was that? I'll probably scrap the displaying thing after hearing about your incident.

Bottles? Who cares........ I'd buy Tokiwa-matsu & Do-you if it came in old milk bottles.

I have some empty jentle ink bottles. Should i send you some? You can decant the pretty bottle inks in them and send me the empty bottles. :P

I'll pay shipping for both way. :D :P

I have some empty jentle ink bottles. Should i send you some? You can decant the pretty bottle inks in them and send me the empty bottles. :P

I'll pay shipping for both way. :D :P

Thanks for the offer but I have plenty of empty bottles of my own :-)