Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeck, pink. :|

I only inquired for the colors I liked, so can't tell whether this is still sold or not. Quite a money draining hobbyinterest this is.

After this purchase of sailor inks, i'll just stop buying inks for a while. I just don't have any more space to keep inks after 200 bottles. This sailor purchase alone will get almost 75 bottles.

Edited by RayJ

I got more interests on the Koubai since I preferred light color more.

I have Koubai. It's nothing like that shown in the colour chart. It's much brighter.

Verba volant, scripta manent

:P SO APPRECIATED!!!!

I will wait for your good news!

I have a good news and a bad news:

Good news: it's in stock and can be bought with some effort.

Bad news: it appears that it was exclusive to a Maruzen branch in Hakata, who have it in stock. Hakata is 1000kms from Tokyo.

I checked with cool-Japan earlier who doesn't have this. I guess he only gets the tokyo inks and the inks from shops who ship all over Japan. Maruzen and Shousaikan don't ship.

You can try WRE but they are in Tokyo and I don't think they go to the shop itself. They order via phone only.

Sorry

I have a good news and a bad news:

Good news: it's in stock and can be bought with some effort.

Bad news: it appears that it was exclusive to a Maruzen branch in Hakata, who have it in stock. Hakata is 1000kms from Tokyo.

I checked with cool-Japan earlier who doesn't have this. I guess he only gets the tokyo inks and the inks from shops who ship all over Japan. Maruzen and Shousaikan don't ship.

You can try WRE but they are in Tokyo and I don't think they go to the shop itself. They order via phone only.

Sorry

So the only way is to check with Cool-Japan...huh...

I guess this might not be available to order via Phone. :(

^you can try cool-Japan. But around a week ago, he didn't have it in stock.

It's available in Hakata and I pay transportation charges to the person I know. He estimated $400 transportation charges. :P

I don't think it's a store exclusive to Hakata, but that's what he said.

Edited by RayJ

^you can try cool-Japan. But around a week ago, he didn't have it in stock.

It's available in Hakata and I pay transportation charges to the person I know. He estimated $400 transportation charges. :P

I don't think it's a store exclusive to Hakata, but that's what he said.

WHAT!?

The transportation fee is $400? That is a crazy fee for inks.

Not really. If they are exclusive to that store and they do not ship and the agent is located in Tokyo, the $400. Is for the bullet train and other trains there and back for the agent to go and pick it up in person.

This may add some light as to why some of these inks are difficult even for residents in Japan to get a hold of. Transportation costs are extremely expensive here in Japan. One of the great disappointments to many who come to Japan to live for a while is that it is often cheaper to fly to Taiwan, Hong Kong, Bali, Korea, Thailand, etc and stay for an extended weekend at a luxury hotel than it is to take the bullet train to Kyoto to stay in a ramshackle B&B for a night.

My spouse and I spent less on our 9 day trip in Bali, including round trip airfare between Toko and Bali, than we did on a weekend trip to Kyoto. Granted, we did not stay in luxury hotels in Bali but neither did we in Kyoto.