Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

I miss the time when Sailor inks are a personal leisure of mine, without the need to fight for one bottle.

I hear you.. I've been buying Sailor inks for a couple of years now.. straight from Japan. It was a leisurely time... not anymore. :(

I still have hope that when all the "fad" is gone... the real hard core ink lovers like us will go back to enjoying ink at a leisurely pace. ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It makes me glad that I usually just buy 2 or 3 bottles at a time if it's something I love. then I don't have to worry about it again.

ETA I find it crazy that there are ink speculators :yikes:

Edited by fireant

Been using some Private Reserve next to Sailors and the performance is pretty darn close even if the colors aren't. So I can fake it with affordable until the balloon breaks.

It makes me glad that I usually just buy 2 or 3 bottles at a time if it's something I love. then I don't have to worry about it again.

ETA I find it crazy that there are ink speculators :yikes:

After learning about single malt scotch speculators, ink speculators were not much of a shock. Single malt scotch is suffering from a similar matter, but distillers are propagating the problem, thus making it worse.

Boo.

At least the Japanese pen and ink shops are trying to circumvent it.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Same thing has happened in the wine world. I fervently hope that the Chinese economy continues to contract, lessening their ability to corner these markets, and that we do not see the sort of counterfeiting of inks that we are seeing in the wine business.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

~_~

This is really sad. You created this thread so you should have one. I'll help you get one if it's okay with you.

its not that I can pay for it I simply can not afford to pay by credit... I have been looking for local options on my side as well since I'm capable of paying locally

Same thing has happened in the wine world. I fervently hope that the Chinese economy continues to contract, lessening their ability to corner these markets, and that we do not see the sort of counterfeiting of inks that we are seeing in the wine business.

In China, they counterfeit so many things, especially for local consumption. And even if not that, if there was enough of a market, someone would basically make replica Sailor inks and sell them at half price. They wouldn't be exactly the same, but...

ps I'm not knocking China, or Chinese people, but stating what is obvious. It's why they've become a manufacturing powerhouse, in addition to other factors such as minimal enforcement of environmental controls, low wages, etc. So long as price is the dominant factor in a purchase decision, companies will buy from there, or have built there.

A lot of FPN members take these inks too. I see at least 10 people in the previous pages who has this ink, and an equal number of members who want this ink. You all know more than I do, so would it be correct to say that FPN members take a lot more inks from these Japanese shops than the actual Japanese take themselves. Then, aren't we equally responsible for this mess?

its not that I can pay for it I simply can not afford to pay by credit... I have been looking for local options on my side as well since I'm capable of paying locally

I see. If you can get one of your friend/relative to pay for you, I'll help you get a bottle of cigar.

A lot of FPN members take these inks too. I see at least 10 people in the previous pages who has this ink, and an equal number of members who want this ink. You all know more than I do, so would it be correct to say that FPN members take a lot more inks from these Japanese shops than the actual Japanese take themselves. Then, aren't we equally responsible for this mess?

The members in this thread have not, to my knowledge, wiped out a shop's entire ink inventory in one purchase. So, no, I do not believe we contribute to the current mess.

Most want a single bottle, some will buy three, there were occasional group buys, but, over all, I've not heard of the Japanese ink consumer suffering because of our purchases. What I have heard about is the aggressive ink speculators that fly in to purchase entire ink lots, which has made buying in store a bit miserable. And, like us, Japanese ink enthusiasts must deal with the safe-guards put in place to deter these speculators.

Faux release dates, staggered color availability, limited bottle purchase, price increases, reservations to buy, missed chances, logistics--thems a lot of hoops to jump through. I'm sure it's upsetting ink speculators, but it's also alienating the average buyer. We understand why it's happening, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

for those hoops and bounds until I can get me a local enabler I will wait... and I shall commit myself into waiting... even if it takes me 12000 years to get me one

and don't get me started on inky speculation I may have started this mess to begin with... so please people let's stop talking about that, and there are a lot more inks out there in Japan just as in the US with Noodler's, it seems PR is a bit prolific in Japan when it comes to "homebrew" blends via RYP and Kakimori

Edited by Algester

^Goodluck finding someone locally. :)

I'm guessing Chinese duds (yeah, duds) got to know about all these inks from this thread only. Algester should take the blame. :)

The members in this thread have not, to my knowledge, wiped out a shop's entire ink inventory in one purchase. So, no, I do not believe we contribute to the current mess.

Most want a single bottle, some will buy three, there were occasional group buys, but, over all, I've not heard of the Japanese ink consumer suffering because of our purchases. What I have heard about is the aggressive ink speculators that fly in to purchase entire ink lots, which has made buying in store a bit miserable. And, like us, Japanese ink enthusiasts must deal with the safe-guards put in place to deter these speculators.

Faux release dates, staggered color availability, limited bottle purchase, price increases, reservations to buy, missed chances, logistics--thems a lot of hoops to jump through. I'm sure it's upsetting ink speculators, but it's also alienating the average buyer. We understand why it's happening, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

I'm not sure how many bottles the shops get for each color, but I saw someone with 7 cigar bottles on the forums. He sold 6 at cost so I'm guessing that okay. Group buy perhaps.

If it's known that Chinese are the culprits, why not just start checking ID cards? Takes less than 10 seconds to check an ID and easy too. Most people carry some sort of ID with them. Even tourists carry passport.

Any Chinese who shows up to buy inks should be refused more than one bottle for each color. Or is it racist?

So, let's redirect this topic back to ink!

Let's go find that nice ink maker and convince him to make us some more Arkane.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

So, when will the jewel bottles be for sale again?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

So, when will the jewel bottles be for sale again?

The inks I've received recently have been in the jewel bottles. None were BungBox 'standard' range though.

Verba volant, scripta manent