Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

^Wow. 2 of them. :)

That roll-stopper was a dead give-away. :)

Yup. You can find their story (and two others) here...

Too many pens; too little writing.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o

You have 4 Hakase?! :o

Rosewood burl too?!

*tries to restrain himself from ordering one, Namiki Yukari Royale is priority.

I hope all 4 are in constant use.

Edit: no restraining required. 24 month delivery period isn't exactly thrilling. Not comfortable with paying and then waiting for 24 months without any product in hand.

Edited by RayJ

Finally, a bottle before i put every ink they have on back order.

http://i2.minus.com/jYG7316OXmw6f_e.jpg

How did you get this one!!!! :o :o :yikes:

^Pen & Message has restocked Cigar, and so has Atsunori. :)

Edit: Contact cool-Japan on eBay for a bottle(s). $39.99 plus shipping.

Edited by RayJ

I imagine it was reserved at the Pen & Message shop. You can email them at penandmessage(at)goo(dot)jp (make sure to check junk mail or place this email in a "safe" list) or contact them through their site: https://www.p-n-m.net

The "release" dates noted online for the sold out inks don't seem to hard dates, so you'll likely get the ink sooner than noted. When the ink is in stock, they'll contact you, you pay, and they send it.

The people at this shop are very kind, quick to respond and speak English, so one shouldn't have any issues.

Post Edit: Atsu no longer has it and neither does Pen and Message, though the latter will restock.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

When ink prices approach my weekly food budget, the ink ceases to be a priority. I really wanted Cigar after seeing a sample, but I'll simply have to use up the year's supply of other inks first and wait for prices to eventually drop or do without.

I imagine it was reserved at the Pen & Message shop.

Post Edit: Atsu no longer has it and neither does Pen and Message, though the latter will restock.

Nah, bought it directly from Atsu. I had contacted him 2 weeks back for a bottle of cigar, and was told that it'll be back in stock in January 2016. Then surprisingly enough, last week I got a mail from Pen & Message shop (Yoshimune-San) that cigar is in stock and he had kept my bottles aside (or will do, who knows). Since I wanted them to come together with the other colors, I asked him to not send them right now to Tokyo.

2 days later, got a mail from Atsu for the ink. Made the payment and shipped. Arrived in 4 days including Sunday. :)

Even if he is getting a profit of ¥1,500 a bottle, it's okay.

I wouldn't go by the dates on the pen & message site. Inks can arrive anytime without prior notice so would be better to get WRE into the scene. They will keep a track of it and ensure you get your bottles.

Hard luck that he is out stock now.

Edited by RayJ

I still want to get my hands on a cigar but yeesh at 50 USD going from JP->US->PH is going to be quite a hassle for me... I seriously need a local enabler

~_~

This is really sad. You created this thread so you should have one. I'll help you get one if it's okay with you.

Nah, bought it directly from Atsu. I had contacted him 2 weeks back for a bottle of cigar, and was told that it'll be back in stock in January 2016. Then surprisingly enough, last week I got a mail from Pen & Message shop (Yoshimune-San) that cigar is in stock and he had kept my bottles aside (or will do, who knows). Since I wanted them to come together with the other colors, I asked him to not send them right now to Tokyo.

2 days later, got a mail from Atsu for the ink. Made the payment and shipped. Arrived in 4 days including Sunday. :)

Even if he is getting a profit of ¥1,500 a bottle, it's okay.

I wouldn't go by the dates on the pen & message site. Inks can arrive anytime without prior notice so would be better to get WRE into the scene. They will keep a track of it and ensure you get your bottles.

Hard luck that he is out stock now.

I believe they place up exaggerated release dates to throw off Chinese ink speculators--I suppose the reservation system and limited bottles per color helps to deter them as well. It's been mentioned in this thread, heard from other members as well as an old friend in Japan. Meh.

It's not a "hard luck" issue, though. Reservations for desired colors are easy enough to make and as we both noted, the inks become available much, much sooner than stated on the website.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

^Ah, I see. What's the Chinese speculator issue?

Yes, they do become available much sooner than said on the website. But the owner won't talk about it unless he gets them.

Reservation can be made with both Atsu and pen & message shop, but pen & message reservation is useful only if you someone in Japan, I think.

I don't know how WRE works. But Tenso has a very heavy charge schedule as the weight of the parcel increases. :o

When ink prices approach my weekly food budget, the ink ceases to be a priority. I really wanted Cigar after seeing a sample, but I'll simply have to use up the year's supply of other inks first and wait for prices to eventually drop or do without.

BUT...........when your next published work returns those royalties...........you can order it in a DEMIJOHN bottle!

^Ah, I see. What's the Chinese speculator issue?

Yes, they do become available much sooner than said on the website. But the owner won't talk about it unless he gets them.
Reservation can be made with both Atsu and pen & message shop, but pen & message reservation is useful only if you someone in Japan, I think.
I don't know how WRE works. But Tenso has a very heavy charge schedule as the weight of the parcel increases. :o

The short of it: Ink speculators from China are wiping out shop exclusive ink inventories (on-line and in person) to resell back home at crazy prices.

The shops are employing various methods to stem the issue, but nearly all are staggering the release of inks and/or giving exaggerated dates of release. This gives the average ink and pen enthusiast a chance to score a bottle of the inks they want.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

^Oh, that's certainly not very nice. I think it's a very good move on the part of the shop to do this.

My quantities would suggest that I am doing the same, but some of the bottles will be passed on to others at cost here.

You could save up for it. I haven't bought a new pen in over 3 months now, nor do I have any intention of buying a new one any time soon.

All this for Namiki Yukari royale.

I would like a Hakase too, but meh. Don't want to spend $1000 for another pilot #15 nib and wait for 12-24 months after paying for the pen.

Edit: I get impatient when shipment take more than 20 days to arrive. I shudder to think what would happen to me in 2 years.

Edited by RayJ

I still want to get my hands on a cigar but yeesh at 50 USD going from JP->US->PH is going to be quite a hassle for me... I seriously need a local enabler

Does WRE sent to PH?

Algester would probably be asleep right now, so I'll take the liberty to answer this. :)

http://support.whiterabbitexpress.com/article/6-shipping-country

They do.

I have mailed them to help me get some sankodo inks some the seller is not willing to sell online(only over the counter sales) and that'll in November. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Nagoya, so had to take this route. I prefer not to bring forwarding companies in as they make it expensive as compared to asking someone you know in Japan to ship to you.

The short of it: Ink speculators from China are wiping out shop exclusive ink inventories (on-line and in person) to reselling back home at crazy prices.

That is true. I used to enjoy getting a few bottles I like from time to time. It was a quiet and peaceful time I really enjoyed. But a few months ago people began speculating these Sailor inks (and other LE inks of other brands). They are quickly sold out, people purchase them in stashes and resell them, either in full bottles or samples, often at a high price or even a ridiculous one. So now I basically can't get one if I want to try another Sailor ink.

I miss the time when Sailor inks are a personal leisure of mine, without the need to fight for one bottle.