Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

I think my favourite 3 Sailor inks are BB4B, Joyful-2 Purple Heart and P+M Cigar. It'll be a long wait for the last two (running low :( )

Too many pens; too little writing.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^if you just want a single bottle and not a lifetime supply, you can order cigar from Atsu, he has it. Mine is already on it's way. :)

I'll buy more once all the inks are in stock, this time directly from the shop. I like all pen & message inks. :)

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC09890_zpsf6a1d823.jpg

I would like to make a gentle (and meant to be polite) suggestion about photos of ink on paper. You can see here, and in many posts, that the paper appears gray. Yet it's almost certain that the paper was actually white. But when you take a photo with most cameras, it tries to expose so the subject is mid-tone. For example, a photo of snow, comes out gray. Ditto for any white subject. There are several ways to correct this:

1. If the camera offers a "snow scene" setting, try that.

2. If the camera allows for exposure corrections (from -2 to 0 to +2), select +2.

3. Increase the contrast in a photo editor until the paper looks white. Irfanview is an excellent free editor.

I attach a photo, taken from this post, in which I've increased the contrast to make the paper white.

Sincerely yours,

post-125012-0-01297700-1445658964_thumb.jpg

Alan

Edited by Precise

mongrelnomad - would you pretty please post some pictures of Joyful-2 purple heart? I wanted it SO BADLY and didn't get any.

As you wish :)

22405182536_9bacd34e2b_k.jpg

my god, that is GORGEOUS! Thank you for posting it, nomad! I am even more envious now. :D :P

As for picture levels, while I understand people's concerns, I take A TON of different pictures and then sift through them very carefully. I choose the ones where the ink in the picture most closely represents what it looks like IRL, and I hold the writing samples against the screen for comparison. So while the modified picture may have white paper, I don't personally think the ink is as representative of the real colour as the original picture with grayer paper.

As you wish :)

22405182536_9bacd34e2b_k.jpg

post-125012-0-83401700-1445819534_thumb.jpg

In my recent post about increasing contrast to make paper appear as it was originally (white, rather than gray), I accidentally deleted the original photo and left a different photo. But this post has only one photo, so I won't make that mistake. Above is the same photo with increased contrast to make the paper white.

Edited by Precise

Here is an attempt to show both original exposure and contrast-enhanced exposure on one screen. Note that the ink color is fairly close, but the paper is lighter. With more editing effort, it's possible to lighten only the paper.

post-125012-0-24692200-1445820170_thumb.jpg

post-125012-0-47098900-1445820565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Precise

Here is an attempt to show both original exposure and contrast-enhanced exposure on one screen. Note that the ink color is fairly close, but the paper is lighter. With more editing effort, it's possible to lighten only the paper.

attachicon.gifInk purple3.jpg

attachicon.gifInk purple5.jpg

Thanks for that. It's a pretty good representation...

Thanks for that. It's a pretty good representation...

May I ask how you get the Joyful Honda inks? I tried finding something online, but no success. As per my understanding, WRE or Tenso can only get stuff for you if they have an online store which can ship to their office.

I'd rather not go through Atsu for 7-8 bottles and I don't know anyone in the Gunma Prefecture.

Edited by RayJ

attachicon.gifInk purple3.jpg

attachicon.gifInk purple5.jpg

I think this color is pretty similar to Sweet potato purple, but actually sweet potato purple has a golden sheen.

I asked Atsu if Joyful will be avalialble or not, but he said he could not even be sure about that.

I wish I would be able to get then in the future. :bunny01:

They all look nice, decent and steady color.

I think this color is pretty similar to Sweet potato purple, but actually sweet potato purple has a golden sheen.

I asked Atsu if Joyful will be avalialble or not, but he said he could not even be sure about that.

I wish I would be able to get then in the future. :bunny01:

They all look nice, decent and steady color.

I've not tried SPP, but I stopped using BB Ink of Witch because I found it had a really long drying time (nowhere near as bad as the Hougado Pen Gallery Purple-black, but still...) Purple heart dries quickly and is very well-behaved.

how does purple heart compare to the like of R&K's alt-bordeaux?

Never tried the R&K, sorry...

May I ask how you get the Joyful Honda inks? I tried finding something online, but no success. As per my understanding, WRE or Tenso can only get stuff for you if they have an online store which can ship to their office.

I'd rather not go through Atsu for 7-8 bottles and I don't know anyone in the Gunma Prefecture.

I ordered them back in February through Atsu...

I ordered them back in February through Atsu...

Thank you. :)

Joyful Honda has 15 sailor inks, and it's quite possible that I may like multiple colors. Getting more than a bottle from Atsu is expensive, so better to go with WRE or Tenso.

On another note, received an email from bungbox. Seems like they are restarting international shipment with only 8 colors in those useless Jentle ink bottles.

Edit: is that a Hakase in your display picture mongrelnomad?

Edited by RayJ