Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

They are, but desired colors like Bung Box Omaezaki Lapis Lazuli Sea sold out in 30 minutes and are no longer visible on the site, but Vanness has a habit of trickling in and updating their Bungbox page often as small shipments are delivered. It's advisable to check daily (for the next week or two) for the more fanatical users. :P

I tried to call today to check in-store stock, but no one picked-up. :/ Though, the last time I emailed Vanness, I was told shipments of Bungbox would begin to roll in late Oct. into Nov.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH, you are so smart, and clearly attracted to shiny inky objects. (ha ha). (((OOPs, haha on the second part, not the first part. You are super smart!))))

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

There's plenty of ink in the world. And I already have enough ink for two lifetimes or more, so have at it.

They are, but desired colors like Bung Box Omaezaki Lapis Lazuli Sea sold out in 30 minutes and are no longer visible on the site, but Vanness has a habit of trickling in and updating their Bungbox page often as small shipments are delivered. It's advisable to check daily (for the next week or two) for the more fanatical users. :P

I tried to call today to check in-store stock, but no one picked-up. :/ Though, the last time I emailed Vanness, I was told shipments of Bungbox would begin to roll in late Oct. into Nov.

Did they have sweet potato purple? I totally missed it.

I'm boycotting Bungbox right now until the price comes back down to earth.

Didn't think in boycotting BB, but maybe I am.... the way I see it, there are WAYYYYYYY too many beautiful offerings from Sailor, no need to get all hung up on BungBox. In fact, BungBox has NONE of my favorites. :D

• My favorite Red: Akane,
  • My favorite Browns: Cigar, Akane Sepia, and Hakodate Gagome
  • My favorite Greens: Green CIcada (Tanna Japonensis), Shin Zan
  • My favorite Gold: Kobe Shinkaichi
  • My favorite Blue: Kobe LE UR Lapis
  • My favorite Teal: Yamadori...

I wouldn't mind a bottle of Sweet Potato Purple.. I do like the sheen on that. But I can easily live without it. :lol:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Did they have sweet potato purple? I totally missed it.

I couldn't say whether or not they had the Sweet Potato Purple, they were quick about pulling the popular sold out items from the site. Looking at Vanness's Bungbox page, they added another ink much later in the day.

I imagine it'll be like last time, where one needs to check in oft to catch the ink one wants. :/

I'm just waiting for Fujiyama Blue, but Mike said he'll let me know via email (as I'm sure he did with others today, I just read my email a bit late) when it and other BB inks come in.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

So what is your favorite purple Cyber6?

Don't you have a second favorite red, since Maruzen Akane was LE. And you must mean Maruzen Sepia. What's Shin Zan?

I think you have an interesting idea for a thread though: What are your favorite Sailors in each color.

So what is your favorite purple Cyber6?

Don't you have a second favorite red, since Maruzen Akane was LE. And you must mean Maruzen Sepia. What's Shin Zan?

I think you have an interesting idea for a thread though: What are your favorite Sailors in each color.

Funny you ask,... I was having that conversation last night with a purple loving friend (she has purple flowers on her nakaya, purple twsbi, purple karas pen.. and tons of purple inks... lol)... I am not a big purple lover. If any, I like dark murky purples. Kobe Tamon Purple, Shigure... and if we are talking OUTSIDE Sailor... Deep Dark Purple.

And yes... I meant MARUZEN Sepia.

A second red.. OH YES... but not on the Sailor line. I was listing my favorite Sailors and as you can see none are actually BungBox. I am crazy about Hitchcock, Oxblood, Rouge Hematite.

Shin Zan is the exclusive from SHOUISAKAN (sp??).. in english is "Deep in the Mountains". I am a sucker for those greens. :wub: :wub:

There are a few of the Onago Iro I would like to try, so I see no need to chase BungBox. ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I agree with Cyber6 about BungBox. Of course I like my BB inks but they're not my favourite Sailors, except for Sweet Potato Purple, which I adore. It's reputation is well-deserved.

Favourites include

Writing Lab Old Burgundy and Vintage Denim (I love their deep vintage-style, muted tones)

Maruzen Athena Nihombashi Kirin (amazing blue/grey/green)

Kingdom Note Macrocheira Kaempferi (unique, nothing quite like it)

Honda Joyful-2 Purple Heart (now there's a purple,)

P & M Shuurushi (sumptuous red)

Shumi No Bungu Hako Stationery Box Blue (the best of the bright blues - better than Ur Lapis)

Hakodate Twilight (rich tones)

Jentle Do-you (peerless black/brown)

Kobe #51 Kanou-chou Midnight (best darkest blue/black/blue)

But my favourite of all is one of the current standard Jentle Inks, Tokiwa-matsu. Head and shoulders above Tanna Japonensis ;-)

So I'm not looking to buy any more BB inks, and certainly not at the current inflated prices, unless they bring out a new colour I like.

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

What ever floats one's boat!

Many of us already have non-Bungbox Sailor store exclusives, but as we search for other Sailor inks, some of us are still waiting to grab a hold of certain BB inks too.

Bungbox or otherwise, I love a good ink chase!

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

What ever floats one's boat!

Many of us already have non-Bungbox Sailor store exclusives, but as we search for other sailor inks, some of us are still waiting to grab a hold of certain BB inks too.

Bungbox or otherwise, I love a good ink chase!

Believe me, I empathise with people's desires for certain inks!! Ink chasing is my default activity :-) I was merely saying that, in my very humble opinion, few BB inks are 'best in colour group'. Of course, everyone will have a completely different list of favourites. That's the fun of inks.

I also don't understand how BB can justify their inflated prices when most (all?) of the other bespoke Sailor ink sellers haven't increased theirs..........yet?

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

Inks, indeed, are a subjective matter, but, as you say, that's the fun of it!

There's a couple of reasons for the price increase, some of which are discussed a few pages back, but, I think, in the USA, the increase doesn't bother those who purchased BB from Japan (via proxy) and now purchase it from Vanness--it's essentially a $3.01 difference.

Those who must continue to go through a proxy for BB, I imagine the price increase is steep, so I understand the reluctance purchase more. In that respect, there are certainly more appealing alternatives.

I haven't noticed price increases with other store exclusives, but I have noticed that many are staggering ink releases and are limiting the number of bottles one can buy. I think this is to keep "ink speculators" from wiping out store inventory and reselling at astronomical prices (mostly in China, as I understand it). This also gives the average consumer a fighting chance, to purchase a bottle of one's own.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

It would have been better if BungBox had limited the number of bottles you are allowed to buy, instead of increasing prices.

Most sorry I am for the local Japanese customers, they are the ones who take the biggest hit. To me it's just fun to write with rare inks, so if I want a certain ink I will probably buy it at any cost (within reason), but it's not the end of the world if I can't get my hands on it. I wouldn't cry myself to sleep.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

I like a few colors from the bungbox line.

Emerald, Ruby, dandyism, witch purple, Nostalgia, chocolate brown, starry night, azure ocean blue and blue-black.

But nothing I can't live without. I'll wait until they get their pricing right. If not, I don't think I'll regret not buying them.

I discovered, quite by accident, that Ink of the Witch falls exactly between Kobe Sepia and Kobe Purple. Swish the two together and I can't tell the difference! And it's darned hard unless in good lighting, to tell the difference on the page, even with OBB nibs.

+1 for Cicada Green being nice.

I'm sticking to whatever Kobe Atsu puts up on the site as I, too, have years of ink to use up.