Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately I did not remember to ask him about onnago-iro days.

I wish I could say more on what may/way not come back. But we mostly talked about Gunma since he had so many memories of the other Gunma customer.

As for the strawberry ink, I found a blog from 2012 that lists three colors available at the Utsunomiya Joyful Honda-2 store.

Nikko green (日光グリーン), Tochiotome red ( 栃乙女レッド), and Mashiko yaki-amber (益子焼アンバー). A different blog said these were limited inks but the poster was unclear about whether limited meant one production run or limited to only Joyful Honda-2 Utsunomiya.

As for the strawberry ink, I found a blog from 2012 that lists three colors available at the Utsunomiya Joyful Honda-2 store.

Nikko green (日光グリーン), Tochiotome red ( 栃乙女レッド), and Mashiko yaki-amber (益子焼アンバー). A different blog said these were limited inks but the poster was unclear about whether limited meant one production run or limited to only Joyful Honda-2 Utsunomiya.

Those are the same three you found in the Instagram picture you posted before. Behind them on the wall are little streak samples for the green and amber.

ETA: One note... from the Gunma line, there is one I thought was called Myougi Amber based on the katakana 'til I got the bottle and it said 'Umber.' Alas, the katakana will be the same for both, and based on the color swatch, I wonder if the Tochigi ink could be Mashikoyaki Umber instead.

Edited by swanjun

Those are the same three you found in the Instagram picture you posted before. Behind them on the wall are little streak samples for the green and amber.

ETA: One note... from the Gunma line, there is one I thought was called Myougi Amber based on the katakana 'til I got the bottle and it said 'Umber.' Alas, the katakana will be the same for both, and based on the color swatch, I wonder if the Tochigi ink could be Mashikoyaki Umber instead.

I read it it is Amber... or Amba- A that sounds like U

Good point. I picked amber as the romanization because of the color on the swatch. But considering the name, 益子焼 is a type of pottery that was traditionaly more rustic and is usually thought of as using brown clay, perhaps umber is a better choice.

If anyone is interested you can read about Mashiko-town and mashiko-yaki here http://www.japantimes.co.jp/tag/mashiko-yaki/

I'm doing a PIF for some samples of BungBox Sweet Potato Purple, if anyone's interested. See my post in the Pay It Forward forum.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

I'm doing a PIF for some samples of BungBox Sweet Potato Purple, if anyone's interested. See my post in the Pay It Forward forum.

I saw that and I think it's awesome that you're doing this! My sister sent me a large (about 4ml) sample and I was very happy/excited.

Good point. I picked amber as the romanization because of the color on the swatch. But considering the name, 益子焼 is a type of pottery that was traditionaly more rustic and is usually thought of as using brown clay, perhaps umber is a better choice.

If anyone is interested you can read about Mashiko-town and mashiko-yaki here http://www.japantimes.co.jp/tag/mashiko-yaki/

I guess that should be better I guess hmm Umber... reminds me of the pigment added to base urushi...

Dear all,

New exclusives from Tutaya Hakodate ("leaf"&"root") :)

Their samples are very small. I can't tell what kind of colours they are.... :( Probably dark green and dark brown.

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/hkd-tsutayabooks/4960338326905.html

Edited by lovelytofu358
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/pensforfun/ultraman.jpg

Dear all,

New exclusives from Tutaya Hakodate ("leaf"&"root") :)

Their samples are very small. I can't tell what kind of colours they are.... :( Probably dark green and dark brown.

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/hkd-tsutayabooks/4960338326905.html

If you click on the magnifying glass, then on the writing sample, it's much clearer. Thanks for posting these!

So, we need to focus all of our medical and scientific resources into keeping this man alive.

+1

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can buy all these Sailor inks from on-line as I have no idea where I should be looking.

Thank you,

Ash