Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which of these "Japan only" ink are the least expensive? Kobe?

Also which are more accessable? I know Atsu can get most of the Kobe inks, if not all, but inks from the other shops?

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Andy-I've been able to purchase Sailor Pen and Message inks, Shousaikan, and Onago-iro inks through him. I've also used a mailing/forwarding service as well with good success.

"unknown"........ :wacko:

I've told the person I know to purchase a few bottles for me. He has been in contact with the shop so let's hope for the best.

Andy-I've been able to purchase Sailor Pen and Message inks, Shousaikan, and Onago-iro inks through him. I've also used a mailing/forwarding service as well with good success.

Any link to onago-iro shop or to get contact info from?

aye as I said back then on june? when all of the bottle stuff came up that sailor had to make an emergency back stock of inks (thus temporarily putting the onnago-iro days inks on hold) so the custom blend was then put into the sailor shop but you know you got to give them the number code for the ink to have it sent to you

Edited by Algester

^i think I can get the ink codes from FPN members, who have the bottles like fireant.

They send worldwide or just in Japan? Either ways, no problem.

^i think I can get the ink codes from FPN members, who have the bottles like fireant.

They send worldwide or just in Japan? Either ways, no problem.

they only ship within japan... good luck getting ink codes... I didnt want to privy in that matter and i doubt anyone on this thread besides tinjapan attended one

as for the people asking for the price the common Kobe inks are the cheapest of the Japan only inks the rest follow the 2000 yen price and then followed by bungbox

Edited by Algester

yes they are stickered on the cap with an 8? digit code thats written by Ishimura Osamu during the ink mixing process he does in front of you

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/283522-ink-clinics-is-this-exclusively-a-japanese-thing/

this thread sheds light to some extent thats where you get the "custom" blend inks

Oh, so all along you were talking about custom inks made in the ink clinics.

I thought I could give them the ink codes for onnago-iro days line and ask them to make some for me. :|

Which of these "Japan only" ink are the least expensive? Kobe?

Also which are more accessable? I know Atsu can get most of the Kobe inks, if not all, but inks from the other shops?

Kobe.

In general, if the ink is available (not sold out), Atsu can get it.

Some of the real spiffy inks are around $40 (shipping, handling and tracking included) . A bit steep, but we'll worth it for the ink one wants, especially when most pen shops in Japan do not want to deal with the matter of international shipping.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

My Japanese has never been perfect and it is not as good as it once was, however, using the link provided by firing above, it seems that only the individual who went to an ink blending event was allowed to repeat order a custom blended ink and then only at the shop that held the event.

While they are happy that people who have enjoyed this service have shared their experiences via SNS, they are not at all pleased to see the names and numbers shared and less so the ink being sold online.

They go on to tell several changes that have been made to curtail the reselling of the order made inks only to see them continually show up for sale online. Therefore, as of today Sept. 02, 2015, no more repeat orders for bespoke ink will be accepted.

Should not come as a surprise as it was discussed on this thread of a line of inks (Chiba I think) that were being sold by a shop in China and Sailor put a stop to it once they learned of it. It would now seem that this is also why Takushimaya's inks are no longer available.

Boy, I am sure glad I stocked up on my ink when I did. This pleases me not at all.

there's a reason why I said I didnt want to privy into such matters... cause I know... I said this back then before talking about bespoke "commissioned" inks

And it makes perfect sense... there is always the few that hurt the rest of us... :(

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

My Japanese has never been perfect and it is not as good as it once was, however, using the link provided by firing above, it seems that only the individual who went to an ink blending event was allowed to repeat order a custom blended ink and then only at the shop that held the event.

While they are happy that people who have enjoyed this service have shared their experiences via SNS, they are not at all pleased to see the names and numbers shared and less so the ink being sold online.

They go on to tell several changes that have been made to curtail the reselling of the order made inks only to see them continually show up for sale online. Therefore, as of today Sept. 02, 2015, no more repeat orders for bespoke ink will be accepted.

Should not come as a surprise as it was discussed on this thread of a line of inks (Chiba I think) that were being sold by a shop in China and Sailor put a stop to it once they learned of it. It would now seem that this is also why Takushimaya's inks are no longer available.

Boy, I am sure glad I stocked up on my ink when I did. This pleases me not at all.

Okay, sorry to hear that. So, just in case I went to Japan and attended a pen clinic, can I still request multiple bottles of the single blend I ask to make?

Just enough to last me 5 fills an year for the entire lifetime. :D

Edit: since you said "individuals", I'm assuming pen & message and others are safe. :)

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

With the system used to make these wonderful Japanese inks so specific to just one human being, I sure hope he has an apprentice (or two or three) who is taking lots and lots of notes.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Yes, the ink blending event are promotional and are for individuals to have their a chance to have their own ink blended. Mr Ishimaru was kind enough to give up some of his very short lunch break to blend mine (I was accompanied with my wife and are very young baby) so I did not even think to ask about having a second bottle blended at that time. it was very soon after the event that I ordered my second bottle.

later I learned that the reordered inks were also hand blended by Mr. Ishimaru alone. Fearing the necessary limited availability, I ordered 4 more bottles. Itoya called the very next day telling me they were ready to be picked up. The Bottles I have will probably out last me as I also use a lot of other inks, but it is still sad to learn that I can no longer order any of my bespoke inks, except possibly by attending another ink blending event with my recipe card for him to blend another bottle at the event.

That is the situation for inks blended at the promotional events. Shop specific inks are a wholly different issue of which I know very little and that only of KN's inks.

Edited by Tinjapan