Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Not at the moment. Their webshop is closed for international business until October. What will happen then, no one seems to know.

Actually, I just placed an order with them last week. My order shipped out yesterday as a matter of fact. I ended up ordering 2 bottles of Sapphire and 1 bottle of 4B. The weird thing is that after I sent them an email inquiring about ordering inks internationally, their stock emptied out on the webstore. I was a little worried but they actually did have the ink in stock and was able to send them to me within a few days after they received the payment. Here's an excerpt of the email they sent to me after I inquired.

Dear Mr. FinalEleven:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding our original bottled ink. Please find your order instructions below:
We are currently accepting orders via email only for the selected 8 colors including:
Hatsukoi - Bungubox Sapphire, 4B, The ink of Witch, Piano Mahogany, FUJIYAMA BLUE, Norwegian Wood, Crown Teardrop, Dandyism.

They are taking orders, but you just have to email them.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I just placed an order with them last week. My order shipped out yesterday as a matter of fact. I ended up ordering 2 bottles of Sapphire and 1 bottle of 4B. The weird thing is that after I sent them an email inquiring about ordering inks internationally, their stock emptied out on the webstore. I was a little worried but they actually did have the ink in stock and was able to send them to me within a few days after they received the payment. Here's an excerpt of the email they sent to me after I inquired.

They are taking orders, but you just have to email them.

OK. Sounds promising.

What did you pay for the shipping?

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Using EMS shipping to the United States, it came out to 5200 yen. It may or may not be different depending on where it's going to.

Using EMS shipping to the United States, it came out to 5200 yen. It may or may not be different depending on where it's going to.

5200 JPY, just for the shipping? Usually the rates are about the same to Europe.

Sound expensive.... :wacko:

I will never get my hands on a bottle of 4B.... :(

YNWA - JFT97

Don't use EMS?

I don't see any problems in getting the stuff 2-3 weeks later than EMS if there is a certain price advantage.

I plan to avoid EMS unless I am getting pens etc.

For heavier items like multiple ink bottles, I'll take SAL.

I don't know if they offer a choice between SAL or EMS. Personally, for any order from Japan I always use EMS. It's the most reliable and the fastest. I've heard and seen horror stories from friends who ordered things using SAL and Parcel Post.

According to the JP Post price table for EMS shipping, Looks like the package is somewhere within the 3kg range. I don't think a bottle of Ink is 1kg, but I think they're packing it super safely which is nice. I'll report back after the package arrives within this week.

It'll be funny if they try to shove the parcel anywhere. 15kg of paper is tough to shove in anywhere.

Bubble wrap is there in plenty so I hope that water doesn't seep through.

ok it does seem that as of this posting only Bungbox has increased the price of their inks...

Pen and Message

Sankodo

Kobe

Usagiya has still remained the same...

am I thinking Bungbox has increased the price for intl sales because vanness kinda already carries them? it would kinda be legit if your going to ask to support your local B&Ms to have competitive prices...

The price is there on the Japanese website. I.e. also the Japanese customers will have to pay this new higher price, not just international customers.

YNWA - JFT97

The price is there on the Japanese website. I.e. also the Japanese customers will have to pay this new higher price, not just international customers.

And we used to think that the Jentle bottle is cheaper than the diamond one.

But why on it it isn't cheaper? Sailor ordered tons of Jentle bottle in bulk.

But why on it it isn't cheaper? Sailor ordered tons of Jentle bottle in bulk.

I guess they charge for what's in the bottles.... Supply and demand....

YNWA - JFT97

Actually, Andy's avatar is one of the Kobe inks. But the new 4B is in the same style bottle.

I can't say enough good things about 4B. It's a really rich ink.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I hate hate hate hate the standard Sailor Jentle ink bottles. Impossible to fill anything but an eyedropper filler from them without decanting. And that's when they're still full! Sailor should have bought the now defunct bottle company and migrated the entire range over.

I'm nearly out of 4B and Sky Blue. Not quite sure what I'll do without either.

Too many pens; too little writing.

Seems like Andy has really become a fan of BungBox 4B. Even changed his avatar to the same bottle if I am not wrong. :)

It's a Kobe #23 bottle... ;)

YNWA - JFT97

I hate hate hate hate the standard Sailor Jentle ink bottles. Impossible to fill anything but an eyedropper filler from them without decanting. And that's when they're still full! Sailor should have bought the now defunct bottle company and migrated the entire range over.

I hate them too. That's just after 1 week of usage and 2 refills.

Converters are not a problem since they can be filled using a syringe. Eyedroppers (don't have any) can be filled using an eyedropper. But piston fillers and vacuum fillers are a real pain.

I had to tilt the bottle using a book as a support and then tilt the pen too to fill a vacuum filler. This is pilot custom 823 we are talking about.

That ink reservoir to aid in filling pens is useless.

I had problems initially filling my Edison Nouveau Premiere and Cross Century II, but with a filled "cone" I just had to lean the nib on its side with the feed down, and they would fill up good. And Lamy pens actually fills without any problems at all. Patience, my friends, patience…

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles