Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Thanks for the info.

Cool-Japan doesn't ship his eBay listed products to 80% of the world countries, so I am assuming he won't ship the unlisted ones too. I live in india which is one of the many countries he doesn't ship to.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys if official the new colors are probably indeed as boring as you guys say but it wont stop me from dreaming...

tinjapan I need your confirmation if they will push through with the september release as its already on the press in rocketnews24 EN blog

Edited by Algester

^How do you order this thing? Chrome isn't translating the entire page.

The translated page says they are already sold out.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I think this one is limited edition. Will he be able to get if it's not in production anymore?

Not to mention I got sailor 4 season ink all 8 bottles for $48 whereas engeika gives each one for $15. Of course, that's the last thing to worry about with a limited edition ink.

I'll write to him soon.

Thanks. :)

ahh yes at one point I remember engaika having a turquoise color profit for sale way way way back... not sure if he can procure now but the massive backlog of the ink blend inks has just been posted in sailor's website seems they were someway somehow able to resolve the bottle issue

http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-2000.html

since no one of us has been able to attend an ink clinic this is useless to us

Edited by Algester

These crustaceans are going to make you put fountain pen to paper

KK Miller
3 days ago

How often do you sit down, dip your pen in some ink and write a letter or put your thoughts down on paper? The art of handwriting might be lost in the West, but surprisingly, students in Japan will often practice cursive writing even though they aren’t taught it in class. And in Japan, there are still plenty of chances for people to write things out from resumes and New Years cards to love letters and condolences, so there is always an opportunity to show off your epic penmanship.

And if you feel your written notes are lacking a certain artistic flair, the stationery store KINGDOM NOTE has just the thing for you: Colors! It’s not just normal boring colors that they are offering either, but original inks in colors inspired by crustaceans.

The Japanese fountain pen company Sailor is collaborating with KINGDOM NOTE to bring you amazing inks in colors inspired by our natural world. This is actually the fourth time the two have put out a series of inks, with previous inspirations coming from insects, wild birds, and mushrooms.

▼ KINGDOM NOTE x Sailor’s first three original ink sets

This time around, they are borrowing from the vast ocean to create colors fit for a king crab! Actually, the king crab is not one of the colors on offer this time, but you will be able to dip your pen in zarigani (Japanese crayfish) blue, coconut crab brown, giant spider crab red, Japanese tiger prawn brown and fiddler crab light green. Those are five crustacean colors you can write home to your mom about!

▼ From top to bottom: Zarigani blue, coconut crab brown, giant spider crab red, tiger prawn brown, and fiddler crab light green

Each of the ink color has a special individual hue that was created from pictures of the animal and the animal itself. Although there probably isn’t any actual crab in the ink, the colors perfectly match the original crustaceans, which are proudly displayed on the labels.

Each bottle of ink will be 2,160 yen (US $17.42) and you can get them from the KINGDOM NOTE website starting September 23. Coincidentally, that day is also National Fountain Pen day in Japan, so grab your favorite fountain pen and some quality white paper and get ready to create an ocean of new missives with this special ink inspired by crustaceans.

Source: Net Lab

Top Image: Syuppin Press Release

Inset Images: Nikkei Trendy Net, Syuppin Press Release

Cool. Since there are only five of them I may order the set.

I wonder whether KN will be doing international orders directly or if we'll have to use the usual forwarders.

Cool! Thanks for sharing that, Tinjapan.

It never occurred to me that there's cursive Japanese writing. I always figured it was important that the characters, whether kanji or kana, all be distinct and therefore they probably wouldn't have a way to link 'em together the way that we do. Perhaps their version of cursive is something different.

Cool! Thanks for sharing that, Tinjapan.

It never occurred to me that there's cursive Japanese writing. I always figured it was important that the characters, whether kanji or kana, all be distinct and therefore they probably wouldn't have a way to link 'em together the way that we do. Perhaps their version of cursive is something different.

I suppose in Japanese it's like Chinese. Cursive doesn't mean each characters are linked together. Instead, the characters are written in a faster way. It's the strokes that may curve or link.

I suppose in Japanese it's like Chinese. Cursive doesn't mean each characters are linked together. Instead, the characters are written in a faster way. It's the strokes that may curve or link.

Ah, so something that strictly should be two separate strokes might be combined into one?

After further testing i have made an inky recipe thats very close to cigar or so i think 2 very saturated inks are needed in an improbable ratio of 10:1 tokiwa-matsu and rouge hematite respectively to get the best effect use it on a good piece of paper else you will get some dark green ink splatter

PS i wont use this ink on very hard to clean pens due to the stain it leaves behind but eh... Im not exactly sure whats causeing the ink to change color as it dries but it dries like a tar like brown

So I found some sailor inks I would like some info about, they are supposed to be a part of 4 season ink:

Winter Irori

Winter Yuki-Akari

Spring Sakura-Mori

Spring Waka-Uguisu

Summer Fuji-Musume

Summer Rikyu-Cha

Autumn Chu-Shu

Autumn Kin-Mokusei

I thought sailor 4 season line only had 8 inks, where did these 8 come from?

So I found some sailor inks I would like some info about, they are supposed to be a part of 4 season ink:

Winter Irori

Winter Yuki-Akari

Spring Sakura-Mori

Spring Waka-Uguisu

Summer Fuji-Musume

Summer Rikyu-Cha

Autumn Chu-Shu

Autumn Kin-Mokusei

I thought sailor 4 season line only had 8 inks, where did these 8 come from?

The current Four Seasons line is a reincarnation of a previous Four Seasons line of limited edition inks. The old series comprised 16 inks, four per season. Sailor decided to reissue only eight of those when they did away with Sky High, Epinard, etc.

Edited by gylyf