Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My damage from this week...

From Vanness- 3 bottles of Imperial Purple, 1 Bottle of Norwegian Wood Emerald, 1 Bottle of Fresh Oranges of Lake Hamana

From Massdrop- 1 bottle of Sapphire, 1 bottle of Ink of Witch

I was planning to pick up Dandyism but I was too late.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

FYI, I have 1 bottle each of 4B, Kabayaki of the Hamanako Eel and Omaezaki Lapis Lazuli Sea on the way from Vanness. Also, Ruby (Clown Tears) and Dandyism are ordered from Massdrop, but they are estimated to ship in Sept. And Vanness lists both Sapphire and Piano Mahogany under *New* Inks, but both are "Product not available." The same listing holds for Ruby and Dandyism on Vanness' web site.

I am hoping I like Kabayaki of the Hamanako Eel a lot. Reddish brown and Sepia inks are among my favorites. But, even if it's not as wonderful as I expect, it's worth it to be able to say, "This is Kabayaki of the Hamanako Eel," when asked what ink I am using. :rolleyes:

One wonders if they will have any Bung Box ink left for the upcoming pen shows.

David

Sir I am VERY impressed if you are able to answer, "Why this is Kabayaki of the Hamanako Eel," when asked what ink you just used when signing a check @ the bank! I CANNOT remember the names beyond the time I write them down to order & when filling my pen! I usually know what is "in each pen that is inked" but surely NOT the "proper name."

And unless Vanness has three inventories, one for store, one for "online sales" with another for "pen shows" I suspect the "show" sales will be of "limited" variety. Whenever I asked them about future availability of Bun Box ink Mrs. Vanness always said they never got the amount they ordered & there was never a LARGE amount shipped @ a time BUT instead smaller orders with frequency. I am glad I got to try the ones I have already received because I suspect we will not be seeing a large selection of BB inks for awhile. You WILL enjoy the" KH Eel." I have enjoyed all the browns I received including Nostalgia.

Waaaaaaaaaaa! :o :( :gaah: :crybaby:

"You & me both Sister!" Especially since I thought this was one of the truly "seasonal" inks & wouldn't have expected it to appear "UNannounced." If it would ease your frustration I will share my "Sweet Potato YELLOW" with you. Maybe I can "dilute" my Ink of the Witch & pretend it is SWP?

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!? I come home, see the response to my post about Omeazeki Sea, and it's already sold out. :crybaby: :wallbash:

I just wanted one bottle!!! You guys have some serious ink hoarding issues.

Sir I am VERY impressed if you are able to answer, "Why this is Kabayaki of the Hamanako Eel," when asked what ink you just used when signing a check @ the bank!

It shouldn't be a problem. I'm implementing a practice routine starting this evening. However, it may be more appropriate for signing the bill in a sushi bar than signing a deposit slip in the bank.

On reflection, given the production difficulties Sailor is having with the Bungubox inks, an ink named after an endangered species is peculiarly appropriate.

Kabayaki of Hamanako Eel

David

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!? I come home, see the response to my post about Omeazeki Sea, and it's already sold out. :crybaby: :wallbash:

I wanted that one, too. :( Now I keep hoping the page will update again.

Confirmed. Whether or not this change is temporary is uncertain.

Got my two bottles (was the third purchaser)!

I got mine too! Was the 2nd. The bottle issue is kind of sad--but not worth giving up this great ink for! I love the shading.

I wanted that one, too. :( Now I keep hoping the page will update again.

I specifically abstained from purchasing any of it for this reason! I swear! :notworthy1:

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

For folks who care more about the ink than the bottles, Massdrop has lifted its bottle limit. You can now choose up to six bottles (with 3 two-bottle orders). It looks like all colors are still available.

For folks who care more about the ink than the bottles, Massdrop has lifted its bottle limit. You can now choose up to six bottles (with 3 two-bottle orders). It looks like all colors are still available.

WELP RIP WALLET.

WELP RIP WALLET.

Between this and the upcoming DC Pen Show....yeah..... :crybaby:

Edited by StrawberryJam

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

You all have never made me feel more glad that I ordered all of my BB's last year, ten at a time. I feel wise with foresight now instead of ridiculously over-exuberant. Also, I need to try out my Imperial Purple, I've been sitting on a bottle since February.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

You all have never made me feel more glad that I ordered all of my BB's last year, ten at a time. I feel wise with foresight now instead of ridiculously over-exuberant. Also, I need to try out my Imperial Purple, I've been sitting on a bottle since February.

10 at a time? Marry me. :vbg:

-

Well, seems earlier, for like 5 minutes, Vanness had Ink of Witch and Tears of a Clown before it sold out.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I ended up adding another Ink of Witch and a Dandyism to my massdrop order....I'm considering adding another sapphire if I can afford it in the near future...

Ink of Witch and Tears of Clown available again at Vanness.

And with that, my last Bungbox order for the year--I'm good with 8 bottles of BB. Maybe.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I willed it into being! I canceled my Massdrop order yesterday, rolling the dice that Witch might become available again at Vanness given their recent stock volatility. I had no idea of my own power. *cracks knuckles*

I'm a little peeved that I missed the brief window on Omaezaki Sea, but it's not like I don't already have enough ink.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I willed it into being! I canceled my Massdrop order yesterday, rolling the dice that Witch might become available again at Vanness given their recent stock volatility. I had no idea of my own power. *cracks knuckles*

!!! ORDERED IMMEDIATELY.