Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

NOW HEAR THIS. NOW HEAR THIS. KINGDOM NOTE TO RELEASE FIVE NEW COLORS.

Color theme non fish sea creatures. Available in May or June. They are also trying to contact for KN exclusive inks with other makers including non Japanese. Should be an exciting year for KN inks.

That is all.

Oh man. This is going to go on and on isn't it? Why, Sailor, WHY?! :(

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very excited about the sea creatures. Will be interesting to see what non-Japanese ink maker(s) they end up using to produce the ink. If it's just repackaged Diamine, will everyone be so excited to pay so much more?

Sigh, even more for the list. Truely, it never ends.

No, it does not.

Oh man. This is going to go on and on isn't it? Why, Sailor, WHY?! :(

Because they are pushers and they know we are addicts. 😫 Edited by Tinjapan

Very excited about the sea creatures. Will be interesting to see what non-Japanese ink maker(s) they end up using to produce the ink. If it's just repackaged Diamine, will everyone be so excited to pay so much more?

Diamine was in fact one of the companies they were concidering but if they did they want their own color. They are in negotiations with at least one other overseas maker and have talked to Platinum too but the minimum order was WAY too high in number.

As an aside, they are looking to have more LE pens made. They have had LE pens by Italian makers and just recently Sailor. More to come.

Is only expensive to us because of distance (shipping)... Sailor ink prices are quite reasonable. The Sailor Jentle series is like $6-$8 and all the gorgeous exotic colors are like $17. I will imagine Japanese people will be quite excited to get Diamine ink at reasonable prices.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I wasn't actually talking about the Japanese, I was talking about the ink addicted North Americans. Why pay $40/bottle for Diamine that you can buy here for $15/bottle? The Sailor inks are reasonable given current exchange rates, for the price of the ink alone ($18/bottle) depending on the exchange rate (today 2000 yen is $16.63 US). All the extra shipping both within Japan and without adds up.

One color is shrimp another is crab. Now, there are many colors to be found in these two families but the first clors that came to mind were of the reddish variety. Though they did mention that bliues and greens are very popular....

One color is shrimp another is crab. Now, there are many colors to be found in these two families but the first clors that came to mind were of the reddish variety. Though they did mention that bliues and greens are very popular....

Cooked or raw??? :P

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Is anything odd happening with Office Vender? I went to this link I had saved (and had visited several times before) -- http://www.office-vender.com/search/?act=search&mode=3&s=100111 -- to look at an ink I was interested in, and now I'm getting a message about the item not being found. Tried searching with a few different keywords (in kana, kanji, and English) to no avail. All I got for the search "ink" were some Pilot inks.

Is anything odd happening with Office Vender? I went to this link I had saved (and had visited several times before) -- http://www.office-vender.com/search/?act=search&mode=3&s=100111 -- to look at an ink I was interested in, and now I'm getting a message about the item not being found. Tried searching with a few different keywords (in kana, kanji, and English) to no avail. All I got for the search "ink" were some Pilot inks.

I'm checking it out it may probably be at worst another its a "limited" thing... the events link in the site makes me think this maybe the case... I'm sorry to spoil the bad news

it could be a yearly thing though... I'm checking the dates... it seems to go way back 2010

according to Shuumi no Bungu Hako vol. 19 printed 2011/3/20 they introduced 3 colors Aobajo no Sorairo, Hitome Senbon Sakura and Jozenji Green... I would suggest keep your eyes peeled on the website

Edited by Algester

Raw with soy sauce and wasabi.

Is this topic about ink or dinner?

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I'm checking it out it may probably be at worst another its a "limited" thing... the events link in the site makes me think this maybe the case... I'm sorry to spoil the bad news

it could be a yearly thing though... I'm checking the dates... it seems to go way back 2010

according to Shuumi no Bungu Hako vol. 19 printed 2011/3/20 they introduced 3 colors Aobajo no Sorairo, Hitome Senbon Sakura and Jozenji Green... I would suggest keep your eyes peeled on the website

Thanks. At least there was really only one I kind of fancied, and that one not especially unique.

I totally fancied them. This makes me super sad. i'm going to ask WRE about them and will report back.

I say dont give up since they made more inks since then... and they normally have colabs with sailor so... justso you know according to their site on december 3 last year they made a colab with Sailor making a green Pro gear slim mini along with a bungu no mori green ink and that was their 5th exclusive pen colab from sailor meaning its limited in a sense like bungbox its a seasonal thing... who knows

and this year they will be holding a pen clinic with sailor on the 26th of this month maybe something will come out a few months later

http://www.office-vender.com/event/?act=detail&index=210

Edited by Algester

Thanks for this amazing thread. So many beautiful inks and so much useful information.

Hard to believe all these custom Sailor inks are the work of just one man, the ink mixing genius, Osamu Ishimaru.

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

Umm, kinda thought it was well known. He has been mentioned often on FPN. I posted pics of him at work on my ink last July.

how did you find this out? Is there somewhere we can write to him? I know it's kind of nuts, but I want to write and THANK HIM. :)

From my correspondence with Sailor, Japan. (email addresses are on their .jp website)

Earlier this month, when I was trying to find out when the next new batch of Pen&Message Cigar would be ready, they told me that it was pretty much ready to go, but that they couldn't release it until the 'Ink Master' had given it his stamp of approval.

Then this week, when I emailed Sailor, Japan to ask why there was such a long wait for Onago-Iro Days ink, they responded with, well the 'Ink Master' is very busy and feeling tired.

That's when I realised that there was only one 'Ink Master' at Sailor in charge of it all. A quick Google search turned up his name and face. He also apparently single handily runs Sailor's ink mixing clincs as well.

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens