Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone correlated the inks in the Sailor catalog with our list? Not reading any Japanese I'm having difficulty determining even what shops could carry some of these. I can find the ones that have some English names to them, and some I can find since the shops have been mentioned here or I've seen images of the bottles. But many are an enigma to me. Especially since the catalog shows a brand with 17 inks but we don't have anyone on the list with that exact number.

Each page seems to have only 3 or 4 stores listed, so maybe just top to bottom naming? Please?

Does the catalog list everything? I thought it listed what was currently produced by Sailor for these stores. Other stores in the past may have carried some inks, but perhaps not any longer? Or maybe the catalog excludes those stores with only a few inks.

I know on pg 58 at the top is Ishida bungu. Page 59 has Bungbox sandwiched between two smaller listings. Pg 60 has a number with English names that I recognize from the compilation here.

Thanks for your help in keeping my wallet thin. Very thin.

Has anyone correlated the inks in the Sailor catalog with our list? Not reading any Japanese I'm having difficulty determining even what shops could carry some of these. I can find the ones that have some English names to them, and some I can find since the shops have been mentioned here or I've seen images of the bottles. But many are an enigma to me. Especially since the catalog shows a brand with 17 inks but we don't have anyone on the list with that exact number.

Each page seems to have only 3 or 4 stores listed, so maybe just top to bottom naming? Please?

Does the catalog list everything? I thought it listed what was currently produced by Sailor for these stores. Other stores in the past may have carried some inks, but perhaps not any longer? Or maybe the catalog excludes those stores with only a few inks.

I know on pg 58 at the top is Ishida bungu. Page 59 has Bungbox sandwiched between two smaller listings. Pg 60 has a number with English names that I recognize from the compilation here.

Thanks for your help in keeping my wallet thin. Very thin.

the catalog is a bit out dated as usagiya has new colors (introduced just early of this year) that isnt available in the shuumi bungu no hako magazine

I was just looking for a list of what the stores were, so I could find their web sites. So for my purposes, not outdated at all.

Some I've figured out or are easy from the English names. Others from the box. If it's easier, just list the brands top to bottom by page. But whatever you feel like doing! Thanks.

Here are the names as far as I can decipher. From Vol. 32 of Stationery Hobby magazine.

Page 58

Ishida

Tomiya

Morinoshiki

Joyful 2 Shinda

Page 59

Maruzen

Bung Box

Rihei

Page 60

Pen's Alley (Takeuchi)

Sankodo

Pen Kand Cafe

Page 61

Pen Land lr Sun Rise

Pen and Message

Usagiya

Pen Gallery

Akashi

Of course we know Kobe.

Got myself a couple of Joyful 2 inks today - turquoise and Haruna Green.

post-115989-0-10215700-1428487989_thumb.jpg

post-115989-0-61516500-1428488037_thumb.jpg

Haven't had the chance to try the green yet, but the turquoise is nice, very wet and smooth. I don't know if it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but it appears more blue when wet, and greenish after it has dried. I tried to capture it with my phone camera (old writing on top, new on bottom), and despite the yellow appearance of the Rhodia pad, the ink appears true to colour.

post-115989-0-17802900-1428488070_thumb.jpg

I'll update with the green when I have a pen ready!

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Got myself a couple of Joyful 2 inks today - turquoise and Haruna Green.

attachicon.gif2015-04-08 04.59.10 3-picsay.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-04-08 04.51.09 2-picsay.jpg

Haven't had the chance to try the green yet, but the turquoise is nice, very wet and smooth. I don't know if it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but it appears more blue when wet, and greenish after it has dried. I tried to capture it with my phone camera (old writing on top, new on bottom), and despite the yellow appearance of the Rhodia pad, the ink appears true to colour.

attachicon.gif_20150408_180510.JPG

I'll update with the green when I have a pen ready!

いいな〜‼️

NIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the email notification I thought you were replying to nyx but I see your comment was in reference to my reply.......?

Thanks for the update Tinjapan!

!

Was that the info you were looking for?

Also, it looks like Takashimaya is going to have their own inks again.

In the email notification I thought you were replying to nyx but I see your comment was in reference to my reply.......?

I was agreeing with you... ;)

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I KNOW THAT ONE!!!! :D (Did I tell you my girl is learning Japanese).. :)

Sorry for the off topic.. Please return to your schedule program..

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I KNOW THAT ONE!!!! :D (Did I tell you my girl is learning Japanese).. :)

Sorry for the off topic.. Please return to your schedule program..

C.

If you did, I don't remember. Anyway, way cool! May she not forget it as I have!!

NOW HEAR THIS. NOW HEAR THIS. KINGDOM NOTE TO RELEASE FIVE NEW COLORS.

Color theme non fish sea creatures. Available in May or June. They are also trying to contact for KN exclusive inks with other makers including non Japanese. Should be an exciting year for KN inks.

That is all.

Color theme non fish sea creatures. Available in May or June. They are also trying to contact for KN exclusive inks with other makers including non Japanese. Should be an exciting year for KN inks.

That is all.

WOWZA !!!!!! :yikes: :yikes:

**** BauerInks.ca ****

That is all.

Sigh, even more for the list. Truely, it never ends.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png