Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think bungbox ships overseas but not sure about that

Yep, they do, you can contact them directly and get a shipping quote! Very easy to order from them...too easy...my poor wallet... :lol:

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Could someone please help me get the name of these inks or a link where I can get them? When I input the caption into Google Translate it said "Sailor x Chiba Mimi Bottle".

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Bung Box does ship to the US. You can use Google Chrome to translate their web site. They are very nice and easy to work with.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Vanness had shown 4B as in stock and some others, but now those are gone. They have at this moment June Bride and some others, but those weren't on my list of "first to get".

So I've made a sizable order for Kingdom Note. Not everything I wanted, but there's only so much money in my little hands.

I've tried seaching in the reviews and I am not having much luck. Has anyone written a review on the BungBox Seiya (listed as Silent Night Blue Black) that shows on the Vanness site?

I'm very curious about this color.

Doesn't appear to be a review here, but the all-seeing, all-knowing Google bots have identified the following which has some images:

http://ship-of-fools.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/01/post-fee1.html

And here is an image I snagged and posted here in case the site ever vanishes into the electronic aether. Hard to know how good the pictures are. The image came from this page:

http://ship-of-fools.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/12/bungbox-b7fe.html

Ahhhhh… Looks like bstnnyc has a pic comparing 4B with Silent Night and Kobe #7. It's probably in this thread. Maybe he'll weigh in and let us know how it is.

fpn_1426972213__6099225825_34d7eff4f2_z.

Thank you-dang I was hoping it was a blue blue black.

oh I added a second pic just in case-also from the Ship of Fools blog.

Edited by fireant

BUMP on this... those are GORGEOUS LABELS!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I am sure the inks are beautiful too... :puddle: :puddle:

Could someone please help me get the name of these inks or a link where I can get them? When I input the caption into Google Translate it said "Sailor x Chiba Mimi Bottle".

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Saskia has a pretty good set of leads in her thread here, although not those shown. You can always put a website URL into Google Translate

BUMP on this... those are GORGEOUS LABELS!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I am sure the inks are beautiful too... :puddle: :puddle:

Agree. The photo and additional writeups came from this person's blog. http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-488844223/photos

We need someone who can read Japanese, as they are all posted as photos.

post-8513-0-08548100-1426974923_thumb.jpg

post-8513-0-83342700-1426974934.jpg

Edited by SamCapote

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

We need someone who can read Japanese, as they are all posted as photos.

Sam.. you are my HERO !!!.. :wub: :wub:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I've tried seaching in the reviews and I am not having much luck. Has anyone written a review on the BungBox Seiya (listed as Silent Night Blue Black) that shows on the Vanness site?

I'm very curious about this color.

Doesn't appear to be a review here, but the all-seeing, all-knowing Google bots have identified the following which has some images:

http://ship-of-fools.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/01/post-fee1.html

And here is an image I snagged and posted here in case the site ever vanishes into the electronic aether. Hard to know how good the pictures are. The image came from this page:

http://ship-of-fools.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/12/bungbox-b7fe.html

Ahhhhh Looks like bstnnyc has a pic comparing 4B with Silent Night and Kobe #7. It's probably in this thread. Maybe he'll weigh in and let us know how it is.

fpn_1426972213__6099225825_34d7eff4f2_z.

Hello both! I do have Silent Night :). I'm traveling and not very good at using the mobile version of the site so I don't know to link images but I did post a couple photos comparing it to BB 4B and Kobe# 7 in another thread. When I first got Silent Night I was disappointed by it because I got it at the same time as 4B and it does not have the same wow factor. Yet, Silent Night is a reliable blue-black with very good flow and nice smoothness/glide. Despite being saturated, the ink is easy to clean and hasn't given me any start up issues in any of the pens I've filled it in (unlike 4B which a pen I recently got does not love). SN has barely any sheen which is not a negative unless you are looking for a high sheening Sailor. (It does however present a very very subtle gold dusty kind of sheen that appears where the ink really piles up but nothing crazy and not consistently.) In the pens I've used it in, it performs rather similarly to the more popular BB Dandyism (flow, smoothness, saturation, very very subtle gold dusty sheen, ease of cleaning) but with less shading. For a blue-black, SN has a little more green than I like in the color, so I do not use it that often. My favorite of the three (SN, 4B and Kobe# 7) is actually Kobe# 7 which is more of a dark blue (with a dark blue greyish twist) and with loads of reddish sheen, but it has performed flawlessly without any hard starts even in my latest fussy pen purchase and has been easy to clean. Overall I would not repurchase Silent Night because it has that hint of green in the blue-black mix that I don't love. I will be back to a laptop on Monday and can link the images from the prior thread and post more photos with other pens if you'd like :) . Let me know if you have any other questions about it!

The story is a bit complicated and I'm not quite sure either. It seems that the store custom-ordered these 8 colours from Sailor but they are supposed to be sold in Japan only. They can't not be sold directly in China. Some other Chinese online store reported them and now Sailor won't allow them to sell these ink in China anymore. So they've sort of become a limited edition. That's what I can get from the bits of info from them.

Edited by Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek, in some ways that is a relief to have our hunt aborted abruptly since this collection looks so enticing.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Thank you white_lotus, thus is the information I was looking for!! I ended up ordering some but if it doesn't work for me I will pass out on to my sister.

edit: typos (glares at phone)

Edited by fireant

Those are Sailor inks made for a Chinese online store. There are eight colours. I snatched a bottle of blue grey and am still waiting for it. They've long since sold out.

The story is a bit complicated and I'm not quite sure either. It seems that the store custom-ordered these 8 colours from Sailor but they are supposed to be sold in Japan only. They can't not be sold directly in China. Some other Chinese online store reported them and now Sailor won't allow them to sell these ink in China anymore. So they've sort of become a limited edition. That's what I can get from the bits of info from them.

Dagnabbit :( The labels are so beautiful and the ink seems gorgeous as well. Would've been a nice set to have!

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

I researched and check it only comes from a chinese source (instagram no less) which also leads me to believe the origin source is also gone or where in Chiba prefecture these inks maybe

so I will bet Lgsoltek is pretty much right about the story

Edited by Algester

I researched and check it only comes from a chinese source (instagram no less) which also leads me to believe the origin source is also gone or where in Chiba prefecture these inks maybeso I will bet Lgsoltek is pretty much right about the story

The Chiba thing is just the name of that Chinese store. Google translates it as the Japanese prefecture.