Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

It's a fool's errun. Many have been discontinued for a number of years. How many, I doubt anyone knows. Some may only be able to be discovered in the Japanese language pen magazines published before folks statred uploading everything on to the net and only found by chance in a used book store down some alley way in Japan.

Takashimaya in Nihombashi is all out of their inks. Maruzen, across the street, is sold out of their limited edition inks for the past two yearly pen fairs they have had. Akane, from three years ago, is still available but none from before.

The list algester is compiling is mainly of known current production inks with a few that are no longer being made. We may never know how many are available, not to mention those that are long since sold out.

Shhhhh, I keep at it by telling myself that I'm aiming for a rolling window of inks. I'm *getting them all*, but only all of the ones currently available at any given time. Maybe. Edited by alarickc

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 Nagasawa Kobe Inks

3 Nagasawa LE (I'm not sure if it's no longer in production please correct me)

2 Nagasawa Spice of Life (again probably out of production)

1 Boku-Kaoru from Nagasawa Kobe

8 Shikisai

15 Bungbox

15 Kingdom Note

10 Onnago-iro Days

3 Standard inks

8 Pen and Message

2 Nano-Particle inks

8 Maruzen Athena (Blue-Black is by Pilot)

9 Takeshimaya inks

12 Takeshimaya Fruits inks

at least 2 Takeshimaya Color Table

15 Sankodo Inks

9 Hougado Pen Gallery Inks

6 Usagiya Inks

8 Bungo no Kura Rihei Inks

2 Shousaikan inks

5 Daimaru Inks

12 Akashi Bungu inks

6 Ishida bungu inks

6 Voltaire Juni-Hitoe Inks

4 Pen lounge Ir inks

15 Joyful Honda of Gunma Prefecture inks

12 Office Vender Bunko no Mori Gentei Inks

2 Morita inks

Excluding Takeshimaya we have 222 INKs 20 USD each at 50 ml if the Takeshimaya inks are found to be true were at 248 inks... AT LEAST

thats about 4440 USD... for the 222 inks... EXCLUDING SHIPPING OF COURSE as long as people consume inks Sailor will be here to stay

I'll be playing safe with the counts I'm not sure if Nagasawa SOL and the Renoire, Turner and Veneer inks are still in production

please someone verify Pen lounge, Voltaire and Hougado ink's availability

Edited by Algester

Algester: Do you also live in Japan, and will you tell us how many of these precious little bottles (yes, yes, my pressssiciousss) you have in your collection?

I must say that part of what I enjoy about using the Sailor inks is all the connection to places most of us have ready access to, a quiet stream, a sun dappled opening in the forest, a clear blue sky, a holy shrine, etc. never mind that my current inks are all about bugs, seaweed and cuttlefish pee! The point is, it makes me feel connected to my writing and art in a spiritual/emotional way that the romantic in me really digs.

While I can't disagree with others assessments of your ink-abling character, a motto that I find helps is "take what you need, and leave the rest". Thanks for your efforts at enlightenment!

It's also fun to get a glimpse into how a different culture has embraced the art of calligraphy and writing. It certainly does not appear to be a dying art in Japan, more like a beloved part of everyday life.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Algester: Do you also live in Japan, and will you tell us how many of these precious little bottles (yes, yes, my pressssiciousss) you have in your collection?

I must say that part of what I enjoy about using the Sailor inks is all the connection to places most of us have ready access to, a quiet stream, a sun dappled opening in the forest, a clear blue sky, a holy shrine, etc. never mind that my current inks are all about bugs, seaweed and cuttlefish pee! The point is, it makes me feel connected to my writing and art in a spiritual/emotional way that the romantic in me really digs.

While I can't disagree with others assessments of your ink-abling character, a motto that I find helps is "take what you need, and leave the rest". Thanks for your efforts at enlightenment!

It's also fun to get a glimpse into how a different culture has embraced the art of calligraphy and writing. It certainly does not appear to be a dying art in Japan, more like a beloved part of everyday life.

NO I dont... my flag should state my residence I'm just lurking the internet for the inks... they just keep popping up if that ever comforts you

if I ever want to get these PRECIOUS LITTLE BOTTLES I'll be getting

Nagasawa Kobe Shinkai-chi Gold,

Nagasawa Kobe Kobe Brick,

Nagasawa Kobe Boku-Kaoru,

Joyful Honda Jyoshu Yakimanju brown,

Joyful Honda Myougi Amber,

Joyful Honda Haruna Green,

Pen and Message Cigar,

Pen and Message Vintage Denim,

Pen and Message 4 leaf clover green,

Maruzen Athena Renge,

Onnago-Iro Komorebi,

Onnago-Iro Funwari,

Sankodo Meieki Blue Gray,

Sankodo Nagoyajou Sepia,

Bungbox Sapphire,

Ishidabungu Hakodate Curry,

Rihei Fujiyama blue

thats 17 inks...

but I will not be ashamed saying that I probably got over-engrosed myself in Japanese Otaku culture that my twitter timeline can be an awful mess during certain occasions... consequently I'm both evil and good because I do post the links as needed ans sometimes photos as needed so you guys can pick your colors incase some of them overlap which I actually think has a high chance of it happening due to how much colors we can actually see at least without an aide of chromatography so I would say if your going to get the overlapping colors a chromatography sample will help you

Edited by Algester

Ah, a fellow lurker!

I have no idea what your flag means, sorry! Sometimes people put a misleading flag up, too.

I hope your ink list is at least partially completed some day. I am realizing how blessed I have been to get several bottles of the Sailor exclusive inks, and enjoy them tremendously!

Edited to add: I just looked at the Ishida site - I could swear they only had 5 inks when I ordered my Hakodate Gagome. And, I don't remember that twilight blue and the green being so pretty. Is the curry new? I'm glad that's what the name is, because it looked like something rather unsavory to me. Is Hakodate the name of a town or region?

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Oh man. I've totally given up on owning all these. I just can't do it. I don't have time or money to get them all before they get discontinued, as well as back-ups of ym favourites before they are sold out! ARG.

Also, not all of them are sailor, are they? someone mentioned earlier in the thread that although they are the same bottles, some were in house blends of Private Reserve inks. How can we tell which ones are sailor are which aren't?

Oh man. I've totally given up on owning all these. I just can't do it. I don't have time or money to get them all before they get discontinued, as well as back-ups of ym favourites before they are sold out! ARG.

Also, not all of them are sailor, are they? someone mentioned earlier in the thread that although they are the same bottles, some were in house blends of Private Reserve inks. How can we tell which ones are sailor are which aren't?

ahh the ones from kakimori arent sailor as the bottle would already say being rectangular... like the 20 ml Iroshizuku but they have pens by sailor which is a demonstrator crystal with gold trim

just look at the pretty colors and then decide what you really want that would be my best advise you have a large selection anyway 222 inks... self-restraint my dear ma'am

plus some of the links I have listed can not be bought online so...

Edited by Algester

Ah, a fellow lurker!

I have no idea what your flag means, sorry! Sometimes people put a misleading flag up, too.

I hope your ink list is at least partially completed some day. I am realizing how blessed I have been to get several bottles of the Sailor exclusive inks, and enjoy them tremendously!

Edited to add: I just looked at the Ishida site - I could swear they only had 5 inks when I ordered my Hakodate Gagome. And, I don't remember that twilight blue and the green being so pretty. Is the curry new? I'm glad that's what the name is, because it looked like something rather unsavory to me. Is Hakodate the name of a town or region?

Hakodate is the city in Hokkaido the northern island of Japan the region is Oshima subprefecture... why is it a subprefecture is beyond me

Edited by Algester

No wonder there are over 200 ink colors from Sailor - they're just getting warmed up!!

if I ever want to get these PRECIOUS LITTLE BOTTLES I'll be getting

Nagasawa Kobe Shinkai-chi Gold,

Nagasawa Kobe Kobe Brick,

Nagasawa Kobe Boku-Kaoru,

Joyful Honda Jyoshu Yakimanju brown,

Joyful Honda Myougi Amber,

Joyful Honda Haruna Green,

Pen and Message Cigar,

Pen and Message Vintage Denim,

Pen and Message 4 leaf clover green,

Maruzen Athena Renge,

Onnago-Iro Komorebi,

Onnago-Iro Funwari,

Sankodo Meieki Blue Gray,

Sankodo Nagoyajou Sepia,

Bungbox Sapphire,

Ishidabungu Hakodate Curry,

Rihei Fujiyama blue

I hope you'll write reviews of them if you do get them! :) Or at least post some scans.

Algester,

Shosaikan Pen Boutique in Aoyama had their two Sailor inks in stock two weeks ago and seemed to have a good stock of them at that.

well then so it's a confirmed existence... Seiran and Shinzan huh how does it compared to Shinkai-ichi gold since I think Shin-zan looks similar at the sample

Dude ... what timing!!!.. I am picking mine up tonight. I got one of each.. :lol: ... I will try my best to post a swab sometime after 10PM.... (that if I don't drown in my own drool.... :puddle: :puddle: .... LOL)

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,