Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

From reading this thread, Maruzen has a standard line of inks for their Nihonbashi branch. Does anyone have any information on the current list of their available inks?

Yesterday they had Renga, Eternal Blue and Hato something ( the grey one) in the tall Sailor bottle and standard Sailor Blue, Black, Blue-Black and Maruzen Sepia in the old style long neck bottle.

Supply seemed to be very limited. One bottle only of the grey, a score or so of Renga and less of the Eternal Blue.

Edited by Tinjapan

I should add that the all inks in the old style bottle are packaged as Maruzen Athena inks. All but the Sepia are standard Sailor inks though.

I have Cigar and have heard that it is similar to Rikyucha. With a sample I stole from a bottle of the reissued Rikyucha I was asked to purchase for someone I did a comparison. I can't see any differences between the two. None what-so-ever.

I have Cigar and have heard that it is similar to Rikyucha. With a sample I stole from a bottle of the reissued Rikyucha I was asked to purchase for someone I did a comparison. I can't see any differences between the two. None what-so-ever.

They look different when wet but I agree, are very similar when dry. Maybe the sheen is slightly different.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Have these, but not particularly interested in these. Sadly, only one bottle of Irori.

Edited by Mew

They look different when wet but I agree, are very similar when dry. Maybe the sheen is slightly different.

No difference there either, that I can see anyway.

No difference there either, that I can see anyway.

Picture from Tinjapan... sent to me cause he is having difficulties uploading.

fpn_1459648478__cigar-rikyucha.jpg

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Are those Sailor inks? I've never heard of them before.

Oh, I'm sorry! I came across them somewhere on FPN and just assumed they were Sailor. I posted in here since this is (mostly) the only ink thread I participate in :P I can remove it if it's not on topic.

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

There's a thread about these somewhere. Some don't like them because they aren't saturated inks like Sailor's - but they are beautiful soft colours & I love the ones I've tried, especially the No. 1 Black. The copper sheen is lovely.

I was sent trial bottles last autumn; I know they're sold in Europe and on Rakuten (if you're fast enough to grab them).

Verba volant, scripta manent

There's a thread about these somewhere. Some don't like them because they aren't saturated inks like Sailor's - but they are beautiful soft colours & I love the ones I've tried, especially the No. 1 Black. The copper sheen is lovely.

I was sent trial bottles last autumn; I know they're sold in Europe and on Rakuten (if you're fast enough to grab them).

This is the thread you are looking for....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/301185-tag-kyoto-branch-kyoto-plant-dye-research-institute-kyoshiki-ink-series/

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy