Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Fukurou reminds me somewhat of Kyo-iro Moonlight of Higashiyama

These are currently listed as out of stock, do you know if they plan to have more?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fukurou reminds me somewhat of Kyo-iro Moonlight of Higashiyama

These are currently listed as out of stock, do you know if they plan to have more?

I'm afraid I don't know. If they do get more I'll definitely be buying more of their black. It's a wonderful ink.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/281635-inky-t-o-d-color-swatches-black-please-post-your-pictures-and-tell-us-your-thoughts/?p=3549995

Verba volant, scripta manent

Thanks. Actually, got two of theirs in the mail today but there are many others I really would like to try that are sold out. Do you order them on line or go to the actual store?

Thanks. Actually, got two of theirs in the mail today but there are many others I really would like to try that are sold out. Do you order them on line or go to the actual store?

I was sent four of the trial inks last year.

I have Kyo-no-oto Aonibi and Kyo-iro Soft Snow of Ohara. Both are quite underwhelming... Aonibi has nice colour, but spreads and Soft Snow of Ohara was quite pale and watery. Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

AndyYNWA - Is the consistency of the inks similar to J. Herbin?

Apols to Andy for butting in here.

To me the performance varies a lot between the colours. Of the 4 I have, the black & pink are saturated & rich, the yellow & ochre less so. (But I find that typical of this colour range in other brands too).

The black is a real winner for me. A stunning ink.

This earlier pic might help:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/272272-sailors-full-ink-lines-including-shop-exclusives-compiled-in-a-post/?p=3515149

I like them a lot & don't see the wateriness experienced by Andy. But they are different to most Japanese inks; don't buy them if you expect Sailor-like performance.

Edited by migo984

Ah! Sailor has spoiled many of us, but no, I was not expecting the noted inks to be anything like it.

I'm not a huge fan of wet inks, such as J. Herbin, due to some finicky fountain pens I own and love, but I have been curious about this particular black, but it's always fallen off my radar or it's sold out. I'll catch it next time.

---

AndyYNWA, do you mind letting me know what pen and paper you used? Would still like to hear your take on the ink too (concerning wetness).

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I don't have any experience in J. Herbin inks, so I can't give any input there.

The Aonibi I used in my Custom 74 M and the Snow of Ohara in my AL-star F. The papers used are Oxford Optik, mid-quality copy paper, Nicedays 60 g/m2 notepad and some other cheap notepad paper.

I get spread from Aonibi on all types of paper. Snow of Ohara looks better on more absorbent paper, on Oxford it looks quite boring.

I inked up a Metropolitan F with Aonibi and tried it on mid-quality copy paper, and it works much better than in my Custom 74.

I assume I was expecting inks with similar properties as Sailor... I was wrong...

But maybe I will learn to like them. Otherwise I will probably sell them.

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

I got a bottle each of Kyoiro Flaming Red of Fushimi and Kyonooto Aonibi. Have not tried them yet and it may be a while as There is a long line of ink waiting to be tried first.

Folks, I just came up with a solution to our problem thanks to saskia's comment.

If we move to Japan and open our very own stationary, pen, and ink shop, then we can get Sailor to make all sorts of ink for us! Why didn't we think of this before? :lticaptd:

Great idea! I'm already learning Japanese... Though wish would be more time, instead of pulling extreme over hours... That would be a total language immersion too.

It's very early in the morning here, and I'm having no luck with the "search" window. Sometime back a blue Sailor "store" special edition ink was mentioned. It was available only with the purchase of a pen, and I recall that it was a PPS-similar color. Can anyone direct me to the post?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

It's very early in the morning here, and I'm having no luck with the "search" window. Sometime back a blue Sailor "store" special edition ink was mentioned. It was available only with the purchase of a pen, and I recall that it was a PPS-similar color. Can anyone direct me to the post?

Is this the one you mean? I have the pen & the ink

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/272272-sailors-full-ink-lines-including-shop-exclusives-compiled-in-a-post/?p=3356296

Any news on the new Sailor Jentle colors??

There were released on March 13... I haven't heard a peep... :(

C.

They were sold at Sailor Amazon shop a couple days ago. (sold out now)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01CY9CXG8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p229_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1J74SGEZWBVP4DGVABWC&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=263612849&pf_rd_i=desktop

The rumor says there will be a second batch coming. (don't know when exactly..)

Maybe we will have another chance to get them on Amazonjp.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/pensforfun/ultraman.jpg

Not exactly a pre-order, but a reservation since he said he will take money when ink arrive. Pre-order is what I did with sankodo, paid upfront and suffered.

He hasn't received any yet, but will surely receive some. I think sailor is rolling these out little by little to every shop. Just that sankodo and Nagasawa were in the first batch.

Won't be using them right away (rationing this time), so will share when I get them. :)

Managed to get only bottle each of 5 colors including Irori. :(

This is just teasing. I will give them a friend. :(