Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Sadly Sailor's exclusive inks price is skyrocketing. I could get two bottle of Iroshizuku just for one bottle of Kobe ink. And Kobe is bit more accessible...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There were a lot of overseas buyers in Japan for the two big pen shows in Tokyo last week. Some are still here trekking around and buying ink to bring home. I know one who is doing this right now for themselves and friends back home who made requests. If there is a recent spike in prices, this may be why, or part of the reason why.

We're you able to get some inks last week?

I think Pen and Message got restock two weeks ago...Hmmm (I just received on Friday last week).

Yoshimune san said next restock would be around April.

I am not too interested in magokoro, but Fukuro looks kind of nice. :)

Since I missed out on Fukuro, I have treated myself to another bottle of cigar and some other sailor inks. :)

Can't imagine the price for Magokoro on the second market. :D so Bye bye, Magokoro.

There were a lot of overseas buyers in Japan for the two big pen shows in Tokyo last week. Some are still here trekking around and buying ink to bring home. I know one who is doing this right now for themselves and friends back home who made requests. If there is a recent spike in prices, this may be why, or part of the reason why.

For what I knew, there was one got probably 6 Magokoro and another one I saw was like 10 Magokoro.. :)

Another news from Office Vendor, their store seemed to have inks restock on 3/10 and 12 bottles per colors and completely sold out on that date. :(

I think Pen and Message got restock two weeks ago...Hmmm (I just received on Friday last week).

Yoshimune san said next restock would be around April.

Good! So you got your inks!

I think the only other Pen and Message ink I want to buy is Old World Burgundy, but I can easily wait it out.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Any news on the new Sailor Jentle colors??

There were released on March 13... I haven't heard a peep... :(

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Good! So you got your inks!

I think the only other Pen and Message ink I want to buy is Old World Burgundy, but I can easily wait it out.

When I checked the web, Writing lab's series were not instock except Quadrifoglio and all Pen and Message series were in stock. So I guess in April the possibility restock inks would be Writing lab series. :P

I am so sad about those still. SIGH. They aren't really being sold - mostly they were bought up in pre-order.

You think??.. I was expecting to hear Mew and Migo boasting of their loot.... I am sure they have pre-orders. But no peep... Mew??.. Any news??

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

You think??.. I was expecting to hear Mew and Migo boasting of their loot.... I am sure they have pre-orders. But no peep... Mew??.. Any news??

C.

I didn't order any.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Folks, I just came up with a solution to our problem thanks to saskia's comment.

If we move to Japan and open our very own stationary, pen, and ink shop, then we can get Sailor to make all sorts of ink for us! Why didn't we think of this before? :lticaptd:

Any news on the new Sailor Jentle colors??

There were released on March 13... I haven't heard a peep... :(

C.

The orders, for most shops, we're reservations. When the inks are shipped and dispersed to those who made reservations you'll hear more about the inks then.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Folks, I just came up with a solution to our problem thanks to saskia's comment.

If we move to Japan and open our very own stationary, pen, and ink shop, then we can get Sailor to make all sorts of ink for us! Why didn't we think of this before? :lticaptd:

Now there is the first sensible idea I've heard all year.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Just found two more! Thanks to a Mysterious Pen Hunter, I learned that the fountain pen exposition hosted by a museaum has two LE inks. I was already planning on going but did not know of these inks and may not have found them if I had not known to look. Mthanks MPH!

The Colors are turquoise blue and Ebi brown. I asked but they were not certain how many were made but thought it was around 100 bottles of each.

I suspect there are many more out there that we will never know about.

C.

MEw placed his order with a friend who owns a stationery shop (I think?), but I don't think the ink has arrived yet. Yeah, he got a ton of Irore and Rikyu-cha. I am SERIOUSLY jealous.

Not exactly a pre-order, but a reservation since he said he will take money when ink arrive. Pre-order is what I did with sankodo, paid upfront and suffered.

He hasn't received any yet, but will surely receive some. I think sailor is rolling these out little by little to every shop. Just that sankodo and Nagasawa were in the first batch.

Won't be using them right away (rationing this time), so will share when I get them. :)