Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Of course it is apples and oranges, but for me, I also want inks I can actually purchase without paying an exorbitant amount for. Assuming I can even get them at all. To each their own. For those in Japan, they can actually get the inks, so it may be reasonable for them.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys... update

Pen and Message inks are no longer listed at the website... that includes writing lab inks...

sigh...

I...

oops... ok they re-arranged the entries they are no longer part of the "original goods" but is now part of inks

Edited by Algester

Pen and message just got couple colors restock a week ago and keep watching for the next restock.

The inks are now under インク•消耗品 category.

If they would have discontinued, I would have placed a special order of 10x for cigar. :)

Glad that they are not discontinued, although the confusion was resolved before I read the post.

Of course it is apples and oranges, but for me, I also want inks I can actually purchase without paying an exorbitant amount for. Assuming I can even get them at all. To each their own. For those in Japan, they can actually get the inks, so it may be reasonable for them.

I agree with you. Sailor inks are fantastic, but the Japanese store brand inks are getting to be ridiculously expensive. Perhaps if they were sold in the old bottles, I could think of getting more of them, but, for now, I am happy to keep using my existing supply of BB and Kobe inks.

On the other hand, KWZ inks are incredibly good, both the IG and conventional lines. I hope Konrad keeps working on improving his existing inks. To me, his IG inks are perfect the way they are. In fact, all of the KWZ inks I've tried so far flow quite well.

Sheen? Is it a flaw or a feature?

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

In the center of the two pics are the Sailor LE Maruzen and Mitsukoshi show inks surrounded by other similar color colors.post-92404-0-71842800-1457876224_thumb.jpegpost-92404-0-31447100-1457876251_thumb.jpeg

On sheen: I think it depends on whether you like it whether it is a flaw or a feature.

I certainly think it can be overdone. Sheen isn't an important criteria for me really: flow, color, shading, handling qualities are all much more important.

Wow, great comparison cards Tinjapan!

T - I like that Mitsukoshi

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Nice job on the cards, Todd.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Nice job on the cards, Todd.

Hey Sarge, welcome back!! You have been missed.

And thanks.

Thanks to Amber and white_lotus too.

Pen and message just got couple colors restock a week ago and keep watching for the next restock.

The inks are now under インク•消耗品 category.

We're you able to get some inks last week?

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

If I can't get Sailor, I dip into my reserve of Private Reserve. Many are very close in performance. Black Magic Blue comes to mind.

I am not too interested in magokoro, but Fukuro looks kind of nice. :)

Since I missed out on Fukuro, I have treated myself to another bottle of cigar and some other sailor inks. :)

Fukuro turned out to be surprisingly nice. The image in the pen mags was not so appealing. It looks MUCH better in real life. Kinda of a golden light brown, one of my favorites. The Magokoro is not one of my favorites. Not bad, but not great, at least for my tastes.

Edited by Tinjapan

My Fukurou arrived today. I like it a lot. It's much better 'in the flesh' than online photos suggest.

These soft-toned, vintage-style colours seem to be all the rage at the moment. They are very different to the super-saturated deep-toned inks from previous years; except, of course, the beautiful, soft Midori and Kirin, which are my two favourites of all time.

Fukurou reminds me somewhat of Kyo-iro Moonlight of Higashiyama

Verba volant, scripta manent

My Fukurou arrived today. I like it a lot. It's much better 'in the flesh' than online photos suggest.

These soft-toned, vintage-style colours seem to be all the rage at the moment. They are very different to the super-saturated deep-toned inks from previous years; except, of course, the beautiful, soft Midori and Kirin, which are my two favourites of all time.

Fukurou reminds me somewhat of Kyo-iro Moonlight of Higashiyama

Do you happen to also have Joyful-2 Haruna Green? I am wondering how it compares to Kirin. Both seem to be a little bit teal-y with coppery sheen.

Do you happen to also have Joyful-2 Haruna Green? I am wondering how it compares to Kirin. Both seem to be a little bit teal-y with coppery sheen.

No sorry I don't have Haruna Green. It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison though.

Verba volant, scripta manent