Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Here's the beautiful blue that comes packaged with Shumi No Bungu Hako's limited edition Sailors (http://www.sideriver.com/ec/products/list.php?category_id=5415):

16900450853_da8806cf05_b.jpg

16898255854_28627beef8_b.jpg

17520812375_277b1d2429_b.jpg

On Tomoe River:

17334499519_8bb1527677_b.jpg

The bottle is completely unlabeled, and it's the usual Sailor bottle, not the taller bespoke bottle. I don't think this ink is available for sale separately from the pens, which is kind of heartbreaking, because it's my favorite blue ink at the moment. Also, I have no idea what it's called; the best Google can do is 'stationery box blue hobby.'

I have the Pro Gear Realo with blue trim in the demonstrator form (it's one of my favourites) and the ink that came with it. The ink isn't available separately. I call it Sailor Stationery Box Blue. I offered a sample of it as a PIF over on the 'other' site, and it was a very popular choice from the selection of inks I offered.

If you like it and want something extremely close, I did a comparison for myself with Kobe #37 Island Blue. On Tomoe white it was quite difficult to distinguish between the two. The Kobe #37 may have a teeny bit more reddish sheen, and be a tad darker, but it very hard to distinguish between them. My partner thought they were the same.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have Kobe #37 Island Blue and will try it out to see how it compares. It's that pen that really attracts me. Oh well, I've always wanted what I can't have.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I have the Pro Gear Realo with blue trim in the demonstrator form (it's one of my favourites) and the ink that came with it. The ink isn't available separately. I call it Sailor Stationery Box Blue. I offered a sample of it as a PIF over on the 'other' site, and it was a very popular choice from the selection of inks I offered.

If you like it and want something extremely close, I did a comparison for myself with Kobe #37 Island Blue. On Tomoe white it was quite difficult to distinguish between the two. The Stationery Box Blue may have a teeny bit more reddish sheen, and be a tad darker, but it very hard to distinguish between them. My partner thought they were the same.

My bottle came with the demo Realo as well. Thanks for the #37 recommendation; it's been on my list of inks to get and I just haven't gotten around to it.

Photos of the 2 inks (both taken in sunlight)

Tilted at an angle towards the light to catch the sheen

The #37 looks like it might be a little more saturated, but they're quite close!

Yes I agree. But from the pen it's very difficult to tell the difference.

Yes I agree. But from the pen it's very difficult to tell the difference.

Thanks for the tip! I'm barely through one fill of the 'Stationery Box Blue' and I was already mourning the ink ;)

Hey guys, I came across this ink in Bungunomori: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bungunomori/bungunomoriink/

It's from Sailor but I'm not sure about whether it's made for the store or if they are selling someone else's? Would appreciate some insight if anyone knows :)

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

yes its bungu no mori they do have inks

opps ok no wonder... uhh there's also bungu no mori ink series from office vendor... so this should be a new find nice one lads

茅渟の海 (Chinu no Umi) is the ink's name translation

Edited by Algester

Just wanted to update with a sample from Sailor x Joyful-2 Haruha Green, using a M1000 BB nib,on Tomoe River paper. The shading isn't too prominent from this nib, but the sheen is noticeable! There's way more sheen than what I was able to capture.

post-115989-0-12438100-1431783834_thumb.jpg

post-115989-0-66300700-1431783852_thumb.jpg

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Just wanted to update with a sample from Sailor x Joyful-2 Haruha Green, using a M1000 BB nib,on Tomoe River paper. The shading isn't too prominent from this nib, but the sheen is noticeable! There's way more sheen than what I was able to capture.

Looks good!

*dreamy sigh* I live in hope that Midori and Kirin come back in stock at some point.

It would be amazing! Many of us would be quite happy I guess :)

The Kirin looks like a really great color too!

to anyone in Japan since when did Hankyu Umeda made a pen fair and had 2 inks called Maroon and Sumire... and as usual it sold out on the same day

ok I found out March 18-35 of this year... LOL

inside the mall you have like all Iroshizuku inks and all the nagasawa kobe inks displayed

anyone acquired the Nihombashi Mitsukoshi Ishimura Osamu's original blend of 101 Lion?

http://www.sailor.co.jp/limited/mitsukoshi101st_ink

twas limited for 100 bottles

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/penne19/gd-ior1.html

Penne19 from Shizuoka prefecture has an orange ink

Edited by Algester