What is the UGLIEST pen ever produced ?

goodguy

Personally, I love the Squid and if I had the money I would get one. It would be the only pen I ever bought for the way it looks. It is a bonus that it writes well.

I would be more then happy to accept one for evaluation. biggrin.gif

Edited by jd50ae

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Carmell

• maryannemoll

• raffor

• Silvermink

You can never design a pen that everyone will like, so a few folks who doesn't like them does not bother me. That's life. The fact that this pen is selling very well considering it is just officailly launched in 2/2007 is quite an achievement. Not everyone likes Salvatore Dali's painting or Picasso for that matter.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

QUOTE (jd50ae @ Mar 13 2007, 08:53 AM)
Personally, I love the Squid and if I had the money I would get one. It would be the only pen I ever bought for the way it looks. It is a bonus that it writes well.

I would be more then happy to accept one for evaluation. biggrin.gif

You are familiar with my pay as you write plan don't you? laugh.gif It is quite popular among FPNers. Anyways, I am a proud authorized dealer for the Jules, and do stand behind the product as do the owners.

Best,

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

QUOTE (maryannemoll @ Mar 13 2007, 09:09 AM)
I cast one vote for the Michel Audiard as the ugliest pen.

Here you go laugh.gif dry.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sale%20Stuff/tn_DSC07394.jpg

Not my pen of course.

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

QUOTE (winedoc @ Mar 13 2007, 05:22 PM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sale%20Stuff/tn_DSC07394.jpg

Not my pen of course.

Kev

I really don't know which is more perverse. That pen or the gun-pen.

QUOTE (maryannemoll @ Mar 13 2007, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (winedoc @ Mar 13 2007, 05:22 PM)

Not my pen of course.

Kev

I really don't know which is more perverse. That pen or the gun-pen.

Oh, thanks a lot. I'm going to have some wonderful dreams tonigbt, after seeing that design!

THEM! THEM!

Edited by D.R.Mabuse

Freelance Word Pusher, Societal Leech and Genial Bon Vivant

QUOTE (winedoc @ Mar 13 2007, 11:19 AM)

I would be more then happy to accept one for evaluation.  biggrin.gif

You are familiar with my pay as you write plan don't you? laugh.gif It is quite popular among FPNers. Anyways, I am a proud authorized dealer for the Jules, and do stand behind the product as do the owners.

Best,

Kevin

$1 down and $1 a week.....................come on.......what do you say....? biggrin.gif

I have to agree. Why does he make them.. sick.gif

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

QUOTE (jd50ae @ Mar 13 2007, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (winedoc @ Mar 13 2007, 11:19 AM)

I would be more then happy to accept one for evaluation.  biggrin.gif

Best,

Kevin

$1 down and $1 a week.....................come on.......what do you say....? biggrin.gif

I have to agree. Why does he make them.. sick.gif

Michel Audiard stuff, he makes them because it sells.

His clientele is probably the ones who have everything and are impossible to shop for like european or middle eastern royalty and/or big money or american fortune 500 founders and CEO's as well as Hollywood and Broadway's big names.

Me, I want a Jules, I want one with blue sapphire eyes! happycloud9.gif

Now... You need to know that in French "a Jules" is a boyfriend and... If my husband ever happen to read this thread... You will understand, why, all of a sudden, all my pens are in the Marketplace!!!! ohmy.gif

laugh.gif lticaptd.gif

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

The Lepard, Krone, and Audiard are all somewhat redeemed by their imagination and niche - they're designed as weird collectables, not as writing machines, so I have to allow that on their own terms they succeed.

My choice for most wince-making pen is the striped Pelikan M series. These pens triumph in assembling the maximum of bad taste out of a few simple elements while trying to be usable everyday writing machines. The colours clash. The Art Deco design clashes with a pen exterior that is visibly a modern plastic. The gold furniture on the cap is OTT and visually unbalances the pen. I can't look at a Stripey without wincing - the all blue silver trimmed M600's that Pam Braun is selling otoh look thoroughly tasteful, and some custom binde Pels are works of very desireable - a rich cassein binde looks *right* with that Art Deco furniture.

Well, I was asked, I answered - go ahead and hate me!

Oh - and I want to single out Pilot for a special Bad Taste award for dropping the all-black "Stealth" VP. The current models are fine, and all black is something of a cliche, but my jaw dropped when I first saw a picture of a Stealth the other day!

- Jonathan

We've singled out a couple of Jean-Pierre Lepine pens here (the bizarre Graphyscaf and that truly wondrous ball pen). There is one limited edition Lepine pen which I've always had a sneaking admiration for, though - the Cybergraph. Does anyone have one of these, or has anyone tried one? I'd be fascinated to know.

post-4-1173825047_thumb.jpg

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

The Cybergraph aka perfect pen for Capt Kirk. It matches his uniform and... his bloated ego. lticaptd.gif

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

QUOTE (Anne-Sophie @ Mar 13 2007, 08:43 PM)
Me, I want a Jules, I want one with blue sapphire eyes! happycloud9.gif

Now... You need to know that in French "a Jules" is a boyfriend and... If my husband ever happen to read this thread... You will understand, why, all of a sudden, all my pens are in the Marketplace!!!! ohmy.gif

laugh.gif lticaptd.gif

I happen to like the Jules. It has its context, and it's fabulous!

QUOTE (maryannemoll @ Mar 11 2007, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (mirror @ Mar 11 2007, 09:10 AM)
ONE CAN ARGUE ABOUT THE UGLINESS OF FORM FOREVER.

TRUE UGLINESS IS THE PERVERSION OF SOMETHING CREATIVE TO THE LIKES OF THIS-

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/photos/weapons_fireams/americanderringerpenpistol.jpg

True! It's beyond ugly!

Call me old fashioned, but I believe the message from a pen ought not travel in an explosive instant from one's hand to the soon to be (literally) stopped forever, heart of the recipient.

Thus, bar none, the pen gun wins.

Of course, we also have the ever popular Core bashing. True enough, it is a pen that can be uncomfortable to use for some, but for those with hands that crave the benefits of ergonomic design and ease of function in writing, a Core cannot be beaten.

Even with a stick.

Or a BIC.

Elizabeth

Spring and love arrived on a bird's sweet song. "How does that little box sound like birds and laughter?" I asked the gypsy violinist. He leaned back, pointing to his violin. "Look inside, you'll see the birdies sing to me" soft laughter in his voice. "I hear them, I can almost see them!", I shouted as his bow danced on the strings. "Ah yes" he said, "your heart is a violin." Shony Alex Braun

As it began for Shony, it began for me. My heart -- My violin

QUOTE (winedoc @ Mar 13 2007, 12:22 PM)

[iMAGE LEFT OUT FOR COURTESY'S SAKE]

Not my pen of course.

Kev

I can't believe someone would expend all that effort on such a design...

Ants crawling all over a pen? Maybe an entomologist might appreciate it, but even still--how could you feel comfortable holding such a thing for very long? blink.gif

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

QUOTE (MYU @ Mar 14 2007, 09:58 PM)
I can't believe someone would expend all that effort on such a design...

Ants crawling all over a pen?  Maybe an entomologist might appreciate it, but even still--how could you feel comfortable holding such a thing for very long?  blink.gif

Maybe if the person is writing a horror story it'll help him in evoking the creepy crawly details.

Edited by maryannemoll

• 8 months later...
waterman serenité

:o Are you serious you think the waterman serenité is ugly ?

I think its a beautiful pen.

Oh well different strokes to different folks.

Yes I do for these reasons:

-the barrel looks like too much of a katana holster something not really in the waterman tradition

-the nib is ugly and very unoriginal

-it is an unergonomic pen

so...

-i think waterman is a brand "in motion", its tradition is "create something new".

-the nib is ugly only in your mind and it's instead pretty and a good writer.

-if you think this pen is not ergonomic you need some lessons of ergonomics.

Ugliest pens? Uhm...Better fountain pens i don't like :

Limited Edition: Omas Casanova, Krone Freud, Pelikan Artemis, severest of Lapine, Audiard and Michael Fatboy works...

Regular Edition: Lamy Studio, Parker 100.

Moreover, i can't understand all the enthusiasm 'bout Bexley fountain pens, i think it's quite an overrated brand, but this is my point of view.

Bye!!! :roflmho:

Edited by sailoraff

People have different opinions, so lets not let it get personal ;)

About the Serenite, in my humble opinion, I think it looks better when its capped than uncapped :headsmack:

You open the cap, and there's a pen there, not a katana :ninja:

You're right.

Different opinions. But i could be disappointed by the explanation of that opinion.

If the kind of pen you like is 149, 146, M800, Duofold i understand you like classical shape for fountain pens.

But how could someone say that serenitè is the ugliest pen made ever?

Different opinion is the answer, i think...

You're right.

Different opinions. But i could be disappointed by the explanation of that opinion.

If the kind of pen you like is 149, 146, M800, Duofold i understand you like classical shape for fountain pens.

But how could someone say that serenitè is the ugliest pen made ever?

Different opinion is the answer, i think...

Like or dislike of a pen is totally a difference of opinion but it is arrogance when a person believes that their opinion is better than others :ltcapd:

Kurt