Display Case

dmmay

I stumbled across this Esterbrook display case (1950s?) at a ramshackled "antique mall." I thought it was a great way to display my modest collection of Esterbrooks. The pen tray I already had, but as you see in the picture, it is too short (14 inches). It would be nice to find a longer tray about 21 inches. Remarkably, the light still worked.

post-89248-0-91165500-1400967002.png

post-89248-0-15896600-1400967027.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dmmay

• OcalaFlGuy

• AAAndrew

• JotterAddict62

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very, very cool!!!

Amazing find!!

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

As nice as the case is, if I knew someone really good at woodworking, I'd get them to replicate a "new" used, tray. The Estie markings on yours can be scanned.

Very nice.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

As nice as the case is, if I knew someone really good at woodworking, I'd get them to replicate a "new" used, tray. The Estie markings on yours can be scanned.

Very nice.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

+1 It's likely to be some time before you find an original that size. Of course, as soon as you have someone or yourself make one, an original will show up. It's the law ... B)

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

Good idea to replicate a new/old tray. I have a few woodworking friends that might be able to pull this off.

David